Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 01:39 PM

30,498 posts, read 16,206,257 times

Advertisements

at 5'3" and 124 lbs, are you sure you really need to lose weight? Would toning up be more what you're after?

water aerobics/swimming would be good, if you can find a pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,647,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You can only lose weight by walking you are keeping your calories at a deficit.
Even at that, every body type is different and people will respond differently to it even if they keep the calories down. I know a few people who have done everything right and still could not lose weight by walking. When walking alone don't do it for you, its time to change things up. I also have a gym membership.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:59 AM

32 posts, read 111,953 times
Walking is very good exercise to lose weight as well as there are many health benefits of regular walking. It is very good for heart and lungs and you can continue it without any side effects.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:24 PM

13 posts, read 13,223 times
The message from science is that voluntary factors ahve very limited ability to affect body over the long term.

Ignore these people. They are forcing the evidence of reality to conform to their erroneous beliefs.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,045,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiroMatsui View Post
The message from science is that voluntary factors ahve very limited ability to affect body over the long term.

Ignore these people. They are forcing the evidence of reality to conform to their erroneous beliefs.
Ridiculous and untrue.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Ridiculous and untrue.
You are completely unfamiliar with the science.

Dr Douglas Coleman - first to change paradigm

Dr Jeffrey Freidman

Dr Rosenbaum

Results replicated over 40 years...

ALL have found that body weight is INVOLUNTARILY regulated by a robust biological system.

YOU are forcing the evidence of reality and experiment to conform to your BELIEFS.

Exercise has very little impact. There are enormous amounts of obese exercisers who are dedicated. Especially over the long term.

All of Friedman;'s work has been REPLICATED many times. Friedman himself relp[icated PIONEER Dr Douglas Coleman- one of the greatest obesity scientists all time. THIS INFO is iN THE CANNON OF SCIENCE:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkDmGDDmBM[/url]

Old 03-12-2014, 07:30 AM

145 posts, read 185,896 times
I want to see a study- not some nabob on a you tube video.

How much are you being paid to post, anyway?

I am rapidly tiring of your nonsense.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve035 View Post
i want to see a study- not some nabob on a you tube video.

How much are you being paid to post, anyway?

I am rapidly tiring of your nonsense.

i just gave you the link to one of the greatest scientists who studies obesity whose work has been replicated. Watch the video. DR. JEFFREY FRIEDMAN- TOP GENETICIST

THE MEN I MENTIONED ARE NOT SAESMEN . THEY ARE INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED SCIENTISTS WHOSE WORK CHANEGD PARADIGMS, EDUCATED OTHER SCIENTISTS AND LED TO GAINED HUMAN KNOWLEDGE.

I tire of your nonsense and baselesss beliefs...........

Old 03-12-2014, 07:43 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,374,594 times
I'm a 5'5" tall woman and I walked off about 60 pounds over the course of 7 months, going from 185 down to 125 at age 38. I found that my diet did change as I craved better food and less junk.

I was in terrible shape at the beginning and my walks where rather short and I carried nothing. As time went by I increased my mileage, carried an ever increasing weight in my backpack and was up to about 60 miles a week.

I then went on a 6 day backpacking trip in the high Sierra's, going 50 miles with a pack that started at nearly 60 pounds. I consumed about 4,500 to 5,000 calories a day on that trip and still lost 7 more pounds.

The hard part was after returning I had to adjust to eating a more normal volume of food. It took a bit of self control but I did return to proper levels after a couple of days.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:59 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Walking works for me. Walking always has been my primary exercise; 14 years ago I started walking 6 days a week, working up to 3.5 miles a day. So far I've maintained a 140-pound weight loss.

I walk 2 to 3 miles a day on the weekday, depending on my schedule, and on the weekends will walk 3 to 6 miles. I take Mondays off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss