Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:51 AM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberhammonds View Post
You are wrong about this. And mean-spirited as well.
It's amazing, isn't it? Some people just ENJOY being mean and nasty, especially when they can hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. I think I'd rather hang out with a fat sugar addict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 10:56 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,049,743 times
I think that sugar addiction can be both physical and mental - I have successfully stopped eating sugar, honey, syrup, etc. I do eat fruit but I watch my consumption because most fruit is high in sugar. It has been well over 2 years since I stopped eating sweets. Sweets no longer call to me and it is a great feeling - I used to eat sweets 3 or 4 times a day - a couple of cookies, a little ice cream, a candy bar from the grocery check-out....I remember those days and can't believe I was ever to into sweets.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:36 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I think that sugar addiction can be both physical and mental - I have successfully stopped eating sugar, honey, syrup, etc. I do eat fruit but I watch my consumption because most fruit is high in sugar. It has been well over 2 years since I stopped eating sweets. Sweets no longer call to me and it is a great feeling - I used to eat sweets 3 or 4 times a day - a couple of cookies, a little ice cream, a candy bar from the grocery check-out....I remember those days and can't believe I was ever to into sweets.
And these are the types of posts so helpful to hear. They let us know there's a light at the end of the tunnel if we just stick with it. Thank you for sharing!

Old 10-10-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I can't believe I ever used to regularly drink soda or juice or ice tea with sugar in it. Gave them up years ago. I don't buy any cookies or cakes. I live alone and would eat it all and have nobody else to blame, lol.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
I've been a sugar addict for as long as I can remember. No matter how hard I try to stop eating them I always end up bouncing back to eating tons of chocolate again. No replacements with fruit sugar work for me. Then I tried Loaded Gun diet, the only diet which allows me to eat sweets. Basically it's only eating it in the morning and workout at night. And in a month or so I woke up one morning and stopped craving for sweets.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:50 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
It really is THAT easy to stay away from sugar. Once you KNOW something is bad for you, you just dont do it. You stop it. If you dont, then its a mental issue.
It really isn't that easy for many people. I can't have any sugar. If I have a cookie I will eat the whole box.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:55 PM

Someone said on another thread that sugar is just another crystalline substance made from a tropical plant, just like some other addictive substances!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Someone said on another thread that sugar is just another crystalline substance made from a tropical plant, just like some other addictive substances!
Yes studies have shown your brain reacts to sugar the same way it reacts to cocaine.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:27 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
It really isn't that easy for many people. I can't have any sugar. If I have a cookie I will eat the whole box.
And what about potato chips? Can you have one without eating the whole bag?

Old 10-10-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
And what about potato chips? Can you have one without eating the whole bag?
Not me. Any kind of processed snack foods I eat to excess. Pretzels are about the only thing I can put down. For me, it's best not to start at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss