Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:29 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seizarkaelan View Post
hello,,,,!
Good luck guys,,,,,

Ummm...thanks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 09:34 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalkiki View Post
I am 21 years old, 4'11 and 150 lbs. I am suppose to be about 105lbs-110lbs. My big goal is to lose 45lbs. But right now I want to lose about 25lbs in 2 months or so. I can work slowly on the rest. What can I do to lose 25lbs in a shorter period of time.
Quit eating fast food or food out that is over processed, quit eating anything that has high fructose corn syrup or any artificial sweetners in it, quit eating boxed, over processed anything, quit drinking pop, cut way back on sweet treats.

Get a bit more exercise, eat fresh fruits and vegetables with a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, dairy, fruit, vegetables, grains and fats.

You cannot lose 25 pounds in 2 months and remain healthy, slow and steady and a lifestyle change.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:46 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You cannot lose 25 pounds in 2 months and remain healthy, slow and steady and a lifestyle change.
You can lose 25 lbs in 2 months, with eating right and exercise. But I do agree that slow and steady is the way to go. Years ago I lost over 100 lbs in 3 months. Grated I was taking illegal fat burners and at the gym 6 days a week. But soon as I stopped I gained it all back.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:49 PM

493 posts, read 511,854 times
I have really bad asthma and it has gotten worse. My doctor say I have to lose 30lbs. I have gained around 20lbs since may. I hoping losing weight will cut down on the attacks and continual steroids im getting which puts on more weight. I have no clothes that fit but sweats and leggings and refuse to buy more, then I will be accepting this weight.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:28 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
I have really bad asthma and it has gotten worse. My doctor say I have to lose 30lbs. I have gained around 20lbs since may. I hoping losing weight will cut down on the attacks and continual steroids im getting which puts on more weight. I have no clothes that fit but sweats and leggings and refuse to buy more, then I will be accepting this weight.
The good news is that it is easier to lose current weight-gain than weight gained over a long period of time. If you gained 20 lbs since May, it would be easier to lose that 20 lbs in a 2 month time frame, although I personally would not recommend losing more than 8 lbs per month.

Begin by becoming more active. This does not have to be anything extraneous, just something as simple as going for a walk a few times a week or simply standing more often will be a good start.

Keep a food journal, where you jot down everything that you eat and drink for one week. Really, doing it for one month would be best. You do not need to worry about calories at this point, but try to at least estimate portion sizes. At the end of the week, or month, you then can calculate the calories and set your daily calorie intake goals.

If you are a snacker, try to set your meals to 500-600 calories each, with one of them going as high 800 calories if you like. Limit snacks to 100 calories a pop, at two or three times a day.

If you are not a snacker, you can set your meals to between 500-800 calories each, with one of them being up to 1000 calories, as long as your total daily calorie intake does not exceed your daily goal.

Do not beat yourself up if you go over your daily calorie intake goal, it will happen from time to time.

Increase your daily activity/exercise to what-ever level you feel comfortable doing.

Learn portion sizing. After a month or two, portioning will come more naturally.

Good luck

Old 10-29-2014, 01:24 AM

88 posts, read 192,218 times
There are having some important things which are very for loosing weight. These are like eat vegetables, drink plenty of water, don't skip meals, prefer liquid diet etc.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
losing weight is very tough and takes some time to accomplish,To be successful a dietary life style change is in order as whatever your diet is now its not working.
How you do it is up to you as everyone is different, basically you have to increase vegetable intake.
Two resources that worked for me was reading a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr William Davis
and another book called "Eat to Live" by Dr Joel Fuhrma

Good luck.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:09 AM

88 posts, read 192,218 times
To loose weight fastly you have to do intense gym workout. Cardio is the best to loose the weight very fastly. Drinking water will help you more, try to take more calories but eat more. Avoid sugar and sweet, it is very dangerous.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 511 times
You can really lose 25 lbs in 2 months.But you have to understand that quick weight loss can be risky and you can easily gain weight by doing this.In order to lose weight the better way. You need first: a good diet plan,the right recipe and expert tips.Hope this helps

Old 10-30-2014, 01:29 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
If losing a lot of weight fast you might want to look into the "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" approach.
a rather extreme way to do it as it consist of only consuming juice 80% vegetables 20% fruit for anywhere up to 60 days, although it will work the problem is unless you radically alter your current diet you'll gain all the weight back as fast as you lost it ,the only diet i can see that would maintain the weight loss would be a STRICT vegan diet..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss