Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:27 PM

493 posts, read 512,909 times

Advertisements

I am 21 years old, 4'11 and 150 lbs. I am suppose to be about 105lbs-110lbs. My big goal is to lose 45lbs. But right now I want to lose about 25lbs in 2 months or so. I can work slowly on the rest. What can I do to lose 25lbs in a shorter period of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,772,592 times
Nothing healthy. Eat healthy and exercise.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:26 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,833,165 times
Forget about the time frame. You did not put it on fast so its not going to come off fast and stay off. Trying to lose weight fast is a recipe for failure. 25 lbs in 2 months is a stretch, a big one. Shoot for 2 lbs a week but the closer you get to your goal it will be more like 1/2 or a 1 lb a week.
Eat whole fresh foods. Stay away from processed and fast foods and simple carbs. Watch portions, drink plenty of water and exercise. Stick with it and you will lose the weight, not in your time frame though.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:46 PM

158 posts, read 708,795 times
The question not asked is, why do you need to lose 25lbs in 2 months? Job requirements? Special Event? (wedding/reunion?). Losing that much weight in 2 months would be very difficult and still remain healthy, but it is possible. It would require a drastic change in your eating habits and lots of exercise. From what I have been learning (from experience and reading) the biggest mistake people make is making their proteins their primary source of food, a huge steak and a tiny bit of vegetables. You need protein, just not what most people eat. We also eat a TON of sugar in everything! Here are my completely unprofessional suggestions.

Lower your sugar intake (this includes things you dont think are sweet like Ketchup and Mayo)
If you need cereal pick something like Special K (original not others, most of the rest have more sugar) or any other that is very low on sugar and has good fibre.

Don't eat fast food, period. Not just once, never.
Don't drink anything but water, Unsweet tea or flavored water. Sodas, especially DIET soda, will not help you lose weight at all. High sugar tea and juices also make it difficult.
Don't eat any pasta while you are trying to lose.
Weigh what you eat, realize what is correct. For example, 16oz of chicken (3 thighs) is wrong, drop it to 5oz and have 2 cups of vegetables. Stay away from sweet vegetables like corn and carrots (they are ok, but not helpful in losing weight this fast).
Drink lots of water, 80-100oz per day. Sounds like a lot but is very easy to do. I buy a 20 oz bottle and just make sure I refill it 4 times.

To lose this fast you should probably exercise every day more than 30 minutes. Mostly cardio, can add some weights. If you are worried about running get a cheap bicycle. It's great exercise and naturally oils the knees.

Good luck!

Old 10-17-2014, 10:55 PM

28 posts, read 30,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalkiki View Post
I am 21 years old, 4'11 and 150 lbs. I am suppose to be about 105lbs-110lbs. My big goal is to lose 45lbs. But right now I want to lose about 25lbs in 2 months or so. I can work slowly on the rest. What can I do to lose 25lbs in a shorter period of time.
Best of Luck

Old 10-17-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Forget about the time frame. You did not put it on fast so its not going to come off fast and stay off. Trying to lose weight fast is a recipe for failure. 25 lbs in 2 months is a stretch, a big one. Shoot for 2 lbs a week but the closer you get to your goal it will be more like 1/2 or a 1 lb a week.
Eat whole fresh foods. Stay away from processed and fast foods and simple carbs. Watch portions, drink plenty of water and exercise. Stick with it and you will lose the weight, not in your time frame though.
thanks for your advice Lucky....

Old 10-20-2014, 01:20 AM

32 posts, read 112,091 times
Its really true to forget about the time frame, because when its not happened in those time period it make us sad. You can not gain weight in a single day so its also not possible to lose those extra pond in a few days. Work hard for weight loss, eat healthy, doing regular exercise, you can also do yoga it also give very good results.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalkiki View Post
eat healthy foods and do excercise as well

Old 10-21-2014, 05:15 PM

5 posts, read 6,509 times
avoid foods with too much sugar in it. this includes cookies, ice cream and desserts in general. reduce the amount of food eaten per meal. try drinking water before eating to make you get the feeling of being full and savor the food that you eat. running or any other form of cardio is sure to cause weight loss.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:44 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,833,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen233 View Post
avoid foods with too much sugar in it. this includes cookies, ice cream and desserts in general. reduce the amount of food eaten per meal. try drinking water before eating to make you get the feeling of being full and savor the food that you eat. running or any other form of cardio is sure to cause weight loss.
Cardio will only cause weight loss if you are burning more calories than you have taken in. You can run for hours on end, but if you eat more calories than you are burning you will not lose an ounce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss