Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 PM

6 posts, read 28,402 times

Advertisements

5{ing;2558146]Cooking spray and Canola oil are both fats. So how can they be no-fat cookies?
As for splenda, i won't touch that stuff and the FDA isn't the most reputable source. Try mercola.com for info on splenda. He has it right.[/quote]

The title refers to no *bad* fats, as opposed to olive & canola oil that are healthy, actually required for good health and metabolism.

About mercola, please tell me if I've interpreted this correctly. You trust him more than you trust the FDA? The Internet is full of so many Buy-MY-Product "gurus."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 01:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,550,572 times
Have had a few friends and aquaintences who had problems with Blood Pressure spiking after eating Splenda>

Old 01-19-2008, 04:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingthinner View Post

The title refers to no *bad* fats, as opposed to olive & canola oil that are healthy, actually required for good health and metabolism.

About mercola, please tell me if I've interpreted this correctly. You trust him more than you trust the FDA? The Internet is full of so many Buy-MY-Product "gurus."
I don't trust the FDA since they meddle much to much in our health freedom. Dr.Mercola has been around for many years, is well known to many, and is just giving us honest information.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:16 AM

6 posts, read 28,402 times
Default NO Cravings & lost 40 lbs on the Cardiologist's Wife's Chocolate Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
cocoa/cinnamon! What a great combination. Give us one of those inventions(recipes)! I would love to see what you can do with cocoa that don't invlove sugar!

Let me add that I cook for a living and am always looking for new and different things to make... Have you made any of the stuff yet?
Hi, you have to get that book. http://www.amazon.com/Cardiologists-...3520432&sr=1-1
The recipes are so inventive you won't find them anywhere else. I lost 40 pounds, 2 pounds a week just came off, and it's the truly a NO Cravings diet. I love it and still use the recipes, 'cause I'm on maintenance.

Good luck!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
cocoa/cinnamon! What a great combination. Give us one of those inventions(recipes)! I would love to see what you can do with cocoa that don't invlove sugar!

Let me add that I cook for a living and am always looking for new and different things to make... Have you made any of the stuff yet?
I believe this is already being done by the Azteca's, and Mexican Americans

Old 08-10-2008, 07:04 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,715 times
I just noticed that there is a diet/weight loss subforum (I hang out in R&L) and decided to check it out. I recently started on Xocai chocolate so I did a search for it first to see if anyone was already trying it and this was the thread that I found. I started on it hoping primarily to gain more energy (not that weight loss isn't a factor), but the testimonies that I hear are amazing. My best friend, who got me to try it, has lost 20 pounds in the last 6 months. I have a website (I am new to websites so a little grace would be appreciated ) ifoundthegoldenticket.com, if you go to the "my links" under my family photo you will find a link to my blog where I talk about the results that I am having. You will also find a link to "testimonies" that specifically talks of weight loss that other people have posted. Another one for my girlfriends has just started on the chocolates. If you want to keep an eye on my blog, I will try to add an update in a few days to tell how she is feeling and if she is losing any weight (obviously this will take more that a few days). She has been overwieght all her life. We have been friends since we were 5 YO. I am really hoping that it works for her.

I wish you all the best of luck in all that you do.

Blessings,
weather... <><

Old 10-26-2008, 05:49 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
I just noticed that there is a diet/weight loss subforum (I hang out in R&L) and decided to check it out. I recently started on Xocai chocolate so I did a search for it first to see if anyone was already trying it and this was the thread that I found. I started on it hoping primarily to gain more energy (not that weight loss isn't a factor), but the testimonies that I hear are amazing. My best friend, who got me to try it, has lost 20 pounds in the last 6 months. I have a website (I am new to websites so a little grace would be appreciated ) ifoundthegoldenticket.com, if you go to the "my links" under my family photo you will find a link to my blog where I talk about the results that I am having. You will also find a link to "testimonies" that specifically talks of weight loss that other people have posted. Another one for my girlfriends has just started on the chocolates. If you want to keep an eye on my blog, I will try to add an update in a few days to tell how she is feeling and if she is losing any weight (obviously this will take more that a few days). She has been overwieght all her life. We have been friends since we were 5 YO. I am really hoping that it works for her.

I wish you all the best of luck in all that you do.

Blessings,
weather... <><

I just wanted to update this post in case anyone was still interested in trying to lose weight by eating chocolate. I have now lost 14 pounds and have changed nothing in my diet or lifestyle except adding Xocai healthy chocolate to my diet. If you are interested, check out my blog: Suzi's Health & Xocai Chocolate

blessings to you...

<><
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss