Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 16,062 times

Advertisements

i could continue but its the hcg's job to tell the hypo gland to go look for fat the body has forgotten about... we all carry normal fat of about 1lb or 3500 calories..... on a low cal diet your body goes after this fat first when it uses it up it looks for another fuel source not finding anyn it starts to canabolize itself going after lean muscle mass, this is for two reasons first it needs calories and doesnt know about or has forgotten about the abnormal fat in your body, secondly it wants to reduce the amount of calories you need...... what the hcg does is tell the hypo gland to send out a chemical into the body to look for this abnormal fat this is were the extra calories come from that save lean muscle mass and keep you from feeling hungry..... this is all out here on the net........ look for it..... this is a great cure for obesity.... no known side effects as every pregnant woman produces it...... only great benefits.... beats surgery that may kill you....go on people trick the body into thinking its pregnant loose the weight and live your lives to the fullest.... God Bless and good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenford1967// View Post
i could continue but its the hcg's job to tell the hypo gland to go look for fat the body has forgotten about... we all carry normal fat of about 1lb or 3500 calories..... on a low cal diet your body goes after this fat first when it uses it up it looks for another fuel source not finding anyn it starts to canabolize itself going after lean muscle mass, this is for two reasons first it needs calories and doesnt know about or has forgotten about the abnormal fat in your body, secondly it wants to reduce the amount of calories you need...... what the hcg does is tell the hypo gland to send out a chemical into the body to look for this abnormal fat this is were the extra calories come from that save lean muscle mass and keep you from feeling hungry..... this is all out here on the net........ look for it..... this is a great cure for obesity.... no known side effects as every pregnant woman produces it...... only great benefits.... beats surgery that may kill you....go on people trick the body into thinking its pregnant loose the weight and live your lives to the fullest.... God Bless and good luck

Lao, a one post wonder who turned one post into two!

HCG is an expensive placebo. It does not prevent hunger or preserve muscle mass. "Abnormal fat" does not exist.

This is one of many studies that show that if you get the HCG or not, you lose the same amount of weight with or without HCG:

Ineffectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin in weight reduction: a double-blind study

If you do not consume enough calories (energy) to meet your body's resting metabolic needs, your metabolic rate will slow down as the body attempts to conserve fuel and a significant amount of the weight lost will be muscle.

By the way, 500 calories per day is about what an 11 pound baby needs.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 16,062 times
once again another hater of hcg...... for every study you find against i can find for....... [mod] too new to post links, read TOS [/mod]i have used with great results, people i know have used with great results no hunger or muscle loss..... hcg does not cause weight loss for lack of a better word it is more of a hunger suppresant that saves lean muscle mass while dieting.......

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-15-2011 at 05:19 PM..

Old 02-15-2011, 04:43 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned quote inform yourself ....
i have used with great results, people i know have used with great results no hunger or muscle loss..... hcg does not cause weight loss for lack of a better word it is more of a hunger suppresant that saves lean muscle mass while dieting.......[/quote]

I have informed myself. Attempts to reproduce the Asher - Harper study have universally produced results that contradict that study.

ExpertBlog Prevention.com

HCG does not suppress hunger or prevent muscle loss. A 500 calorie per day diet is asinine, unless you weigh 11 pounds.

The whole theory behind using HCG to lose weight was made up out of thin air with no science to support it.

HCG is an expensive scam.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-15-2011 at 05:20 PM..

Old 03-20-2011, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 7,786 times
Heyyall, first posting here.

This forum is to talk about HCG and weight lifting, not to debate wether it works or not. I am personally losing a lot of weight as fat with this protocol, and it seems not to work if you lift weights. So folx, be patient!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:11 PM
SCE

1 posts, read 7,331 times
Ok so I am in the same dilemma. I train with a trainer 3 times per week and will continue to do so. I just started phase 2 yesterday. Tomorrow will be my first work out while on HCG drops. I am planning on having a protein shake after the work out - 20 g protein - no fat. I will weigh myslef but am primarily measuring inches. I will know when my jeans no longer have a muffin top and when I sit I now longer bulge out 3 inches that the diet is working. I am also using a caliper to measure my fat percent. It is not about the wight but the fat that is making me fat!! I would be more concerned with weight if I did not already gain weight (4 lbs) from working out - but I lost 6 cm off my waist! I have already had comments pre HCG how much I have lost. So bottom line is I will feed my body more protein if it is telling me to! Will let you know in 3 weeks how it is coming along!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,646 times
I went through the first round of HCG with only walking and lost @25 lbs. I started weight lifting and the treadmill for the next 2 rounds and only lost 14lbs. i felt more tired during these phases. I begin my 4th round of HCG drops in a week. I will only be walking this time. I still have @75 lbs to lose. While I believe the weight lifting has helped my arthritis tremendously, it hurt my diet plan. I will lift during the maintenance times. I hope to only have 2 more rounds of HCG. I look good and feel great! The way I see it, the quicker I get to my goal weight, the quicker I my arthritis will be relieved and I can start back to weight lifting and hopefully some running.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,626 times
I started hcg drops and was very pleased with the results...lost 36 pounds in 45 days. I've maintained my ending weight within 5 pounds for the past three months. That includes up to 5 lbs more or 5 lbs less. I've continued to eat well & exercise at least 5 times a week. I've now started a new round of hcg and I have increased my calories to account for the exercise I'm doing. So basically if I burn 500 calories working out I eat 500 additional calories that day. Its still working so I'm happy I still exercise at the same intensity. If hcg is a placebo I dont care...it works for me and only cost $50 bucks a bottle and $26 per month gym membership.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,671 times
Personally with what I know if u have to work out or are an athlete if the claims are true the drops should help you lose weight better as long as you stay away from the carbs and sugars oils and dairy products but eat clean while working out. I recently started Insanity 2 Weeks ago and love the strength.and endurance gains.im getting and want to keep going and started the hcg drop to use more fat for energy in order to get the definitio. I want. I will not be doing 500 calories while doing Insanity but I will be eating totally clean for these 60 days and monitoring my caloric intake to around 1500 to 1700 all clean foods. Lean meats amd all that good stuff ill let you know what my results are.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcruze View Post
Personally with what I know if u have to work out or are an athlete if the claims are true the drops should help you lose weight better as long as you stay away from the carbs and sugars oils and dairy products but eat clean while working out. I recently started Insanity 2 Weeks ago and love the strength.and endurance gains.im getting and want to keep going and started the hcg drop to use more fat for energy in order to get the definitio. I want. I will not be doing 500 calories while doing Insanity but I will be eating totally clean for these 60 days and monitoring my caloric intake to around 1500 to 1700 all clean foods. Lean meats amd all that good stuff ill let you know what my results are.
The HCG does nothing. Just eat well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss