Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:33 PM

586 posts, read 833,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul888 View Post
Please learn correct grammar before you preach any science on me. The Op looks like crap and needs to get a counselor to help her with her eating disorder. She has shown she can't eat less as she faces a lot of demons from within that a professional counselor may help her with. She needs to heal from within before she can heal from the outside.
Wow, thanks for boosting my self esteem, and I thought my husband was bad...

I know how I look, and yes I look like "crap" but I do not eat myself to "death". I am not seeking compliments, but I do believe in giving others compliments to help them on their journey, its common sense. its what fuels their motivation. If you see someone lose 20 lbs and still 50 away for their goal, do you not give kudos to them?

You are so shallow only seeing things for what they are. If someone is obese, you mock them. If I see someone who is 300 lbs, I dont even judge because you never know their story. Heck, they could've weighed 400 lbs and ended up losing 100 lbs (like an story I read on some guy who weighed 700 lbs and through hard work is now fit and he didnt have any procedures done).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 12:51 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,180,494 times
To the OP - a couple of things:

-I saw the pic. you posted a while back, and you're beautiful - I don't know why anyone would say you're unattractive or unhealthy looking. This is simply not true. I'm a skinny guy that likes big women, and I'm sick of our society that constantly fat-shames people, especially women. It's because of this that women are constantly going on unhealthy diets and end up looking like twiggy.

-That being said, I don't think surgery is a good idea if you want to lose weight - any kind of surgery is risky (never had it, but know about the risks). If you are dead-set on losing weight, dieting is obviously a lot safer. And, even if a doctor/surgeon recommends this, so what? Do you trust doctors? Most of them are a bunch of scum-bags that are just trying to get money from you, and don't have your best interests at heart, anyway.

Just my .02...

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 08-28-2015 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-28-2015, 01:05 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,943,050 times
I would be concerned about your health and being able to live a long and healthy life with some one rather then having to cart them around in a wheel barrel .
Over weight means that other person has to deal with that weight if there is an injury , and there are other issues of diabetes .
I was critical of my wife eating junk food and eventually it caught up with her and she's gone now .
My criticism is not her but the damage she did to her self, and the insult to me, of choosing not to listen to some one that shows more love for her telling her the truth, rather than lying .
Have you pity party ,
or grow up and do what's right for your body and a better future.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:08 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,358,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
Maybe talk to him about how you feel when he expresses these criticisms? Would he be open to discussing it?

Just a smaller point from your post--I think many people are grossed out by women not shaving under their arms. It's not just your husband. Your choice of course.

Yeah, even on Madonna, not shaving is a bit over the top.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I would be concerned about your health and being able to live a long and healthy life with some one rather then having to cart them around in a wheel barrel .
Over weight means that other person has to deal with that weight if there is an injury , and there are other issues of diabetes .
I was critical of my wife eating junk food and eventually it caught up with her and she's gone now .
My criticism is not her but the damage she did to her self, and the insult to me, of choosing not to listen to some one that shows more love for her telling her the truth, rather than lying .
Have you pity party ,
or grow up and do what's right for your body and a better future.
I'm almost 3 weeks in and my eating has been great. I have never been a junk food eater to begin with, I just ate too much carbs. With that said, I am not upset about him giving me suggestions on my eating habits. I actually did accept his suggestions, thats why I changed. The original problem is that he wanted me to stay covered up until I reach an "ideal" weight. I am not going around in a bikini, I just wanted to wear something sleeveless, not to "flaunt" my arms around, but because of humid weather and he was like "I think you should put something over that"

So basically, this thread was about him criticizing the way I dress, not about my eating because since I made the change and stuck to it, there's nothing more to criticize.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
To the OP - a couple of things:

-I saw the pic. you posted a while back, and you're beautiful - I don't know why anyone would say you're unattractive or unhealthy looking. This is simply not true. I'm a skinny guy that likes big women, and I'm sick of our society that constantly fat-shames people, especially women. It's because of this that women are constantly going on unhealthy diets and end up looking like twiggy.

-That being said, I don't think surgery is a good idea if you want to lose weight - any kind of surgery is risky (never had it, but know about the risks). If you are dead-set on losing weight, dieting is obviously a lot safer. And, even if a doctor/surgeon recommends this, so what? Do you trust doctors? Most of them are a bunch of scum-bags that are just trying to get money from you, and don't have your best interests at heart, anyway.

Just my .02...
Thanks! I know there are a ton of women out there who are categorized as BBW, but I hope to not be in that category for long...

Old 08-28-2015, 03:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,254,469 times
You don't say how tall you are, or if you did I missed it?

Either way, 225lb at age 25 and escalating, is DANGEROUS. At the rate you're packing it on, you will be 400lb by 35, well into diabetes and arthritic knees and not being able to keep up with your kids.

I actually don't see a thing your husband is doing wrong - except perhaps not knowing how to deal with someone who has major food issues.

You also never say anything about how much you exercise, which is ESSENTIAL for healthy weight loss.

I live in Australia and because its so hot here, everyone wears sleeveless. I have seen arms that look like ham hocks hanging proudly about, and you live in America where EVERYONE is overweight so I doubt your arms are noticed by ANYONE but yourself.

Or, if they are that bad, its the reason you're still not in plus size - the fat has migrated to one part of your body.

Dya know all these problems could be cured by losing a bit of weight? You don't even have a lot to lose really, some people have hundreds of extra pounds.

SURGERY is not an answer for laziness and ignoring your health!!! Surgery has its own risks, and fwiw I knew a guy who had it,spent the next 4 years doubled over his toilet bowl puking all the crap he'd just eaten - it didn't stop his overeating, or poor diet choices, not one little bit. He's now as fat as he ever was.

I think you and your husband have got to a really unhealthy place, mainly on your food obsession.

The correct path to healing this is marriage counselling for both of you and individual counselling for yourself.

You are doing what EVERY toddler does - using your food intake as a weapon against those who love you.

Not smart, healthy, or mature.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You don't say how tall you are, or if you did I missed it?

Either way, 225lb at age 25 and escalating, is DANGEROUS. At the rate you're packing it on, you will be 400lb by 35, well into diabetes and arthritic knees and not being able to keep up with your kids.

I actually don't see a thing your husband is doing wrong - except perhaps not knowing how to deal with someone who has major food issues.

You also never say anything about how much you exercise, which is ESSENTIAL for healthy weight loss.

I live in Australia and because its so hot here, everyone wears sleeveless. I have seen arms that look like ham hocks hanging proudly about, and you live in America where EVERYONE is overweight so I doubt your arms are noticed by ANYONE but yourself.

Or, if they are that bad, its the reason you're still not in plus size - the fat has migrated to one part of your body.

Dya know all these problems could be cured by losing a bit of weight? You don't even have a lot to lose really, some people have hundreds of extra pounds.

SURGERY is not an answer for laziness and ignoring your health!!! Surgery has its own risks, and fwiw I knew a guy who had it,spent the next 4 years doubled over his toilet bowl puking all the crap he'd just eaten - it didn't stop his overeating, or poor diet choices, not one little bit. He's now as fat as he ever was.

I think you and your husband have got to a really unhealthy place, mainly on your food obsession.

The correct path to healing this is marriage counselling for both of you and individual counselling for yourself.

You are doing what EVERY toddler does - using your food intake as a weapon against those who love you.

Not smart, healthy, or mature.
As much as I appreciate all the advises, why do people keep missing the fact (which I clearly stated in my original post, so I dont know how anyone would miss it) that I have CHANGED? Even my husband doesnt pick on my eating anymore, because I have simply learned how to eat better. Yes, I am 225 now, but its going down. At least its better than my original weight of 234.

What's discouraging is when you are in the process of changing and people just continue giving you crap (and I meant people in real life too). I dont mind people giving me lectures or pointing a finger at me if they catch me eating a supersized meal at mcdonalds but when I am already making progress? Come on, cut me some slack.

People have been asking about my fitness level which I didnt mention much about, doesnt mean I am completely sedentary, but because it didnt pertain to this original thread.

I live 1 mile from the grocery store, so when the weather is nice, I push my kids in a double stroller and walk to and from.
If time allows, I go to the gym for at least 1.5 hours. One hour doign cardio, and 20-30 minutes doing strength training. I had a personal trainer before, so know the basics.
If its pouring rain, and I am without a car - I play just dance, which is also a good cardio workout.

And no - I am not going to go beyond 225, I know that its unhealthy. The problem with me is, I honestly dont think I am capable of packing on anymore weight than what I already weigh. I am in maintenance mode, which means I have been weighing the same for the past 5 years, not gaining or losing. People will probably picture me as someone holding a bag of chips in one hand, and a dozen cookies in the other, but contrary to popular beliefs, I dont like junk food. I feel like I have problem with starchy foods such as white rice, breads, noodles etc - which I also got rid of.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:53 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,938,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
The number on your scale is 80-90% about your diet. When you eat less calories than you use, you lose weight. It is precisely that simple. A tough workout might burn 500 calories in an hour. It only takes a minute or 2 to eat that many calories though, which is why it's basically impossible to out-exercise a bad diet. You need to control portion sizes (my biggest problem) and try to get your calories from "cleaner" food sources. Don't restrict yourself too much on the bad foods you love, but cut your portion sizes on those foods more than others. If you're wearing it, you ate it.
The OP was advised to eat a low carb diet by her doctor. She is losing on her current eating plan.

I totally agree that weight loss is primarily about diet. Exercise is a little booster but the primary push for weight loss will come from diet.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:58 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,938,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul888 View Post
\She has shown she can't eat less as she faces a lot of demons from within that a professional counselor may help her with. She needs to heal from within before she can heal from the outside.
She hasn't shown that she can't eat less at all. She has lost 10 lb and is happy with the way she has been eating. Everything is going in the right direction for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss