Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM

549 posts, read 625,842 times

Advertisements

It's not rocket science. Here are the 3 simple rules regarding diet you will ever need to follow if you have weight issues:

1) Eat only when you're hungry.

2) Eat what you have a craving for.

3) Eat until you're full.

That's it. That's how every living creature on Earth is supposed to consume food. So if you gain weight, then the problem is not the food. It's either lack of physical activity, or you only crave sweet foods and never crave "healthy" foods like fruits and vegetables, like normal omnivorous creatures are supposed to. In which case, it's 100% psychological. Like mommy and daddy said "no candy!" or "no soda!" growing up, and so you associate eating sweets with being rebellious.

As a kid, my parents never really regulated my diet, and I'm thin as a rail. But I ate all my fruits and veggies and indulged in salads as much as I did McDonald's. Why? Because they taste good, that's why.

Simple common sense.

Last edited by MikeyCNY; 11-11-2015 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 08:08 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
My feeling is humans are wired to eat a lot of food when available which now days it is always available and we are doing much less then we did just 40 years ago. Lot of sitting and not doing much moving it's spent sitting in front of a computer, or Big LCD screen TV. The cravings you get to eat a lot of food is your body trying to bulk up for one day we will need it when it took days of hard work to get a meal this is a our ancestors daily work. In order to break that habit you have to cut what your eating and exercise a lot more. It takes time the longer you have been obese the longer it takes to change it.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:27 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,819,005 times

Old 11-16-2015, 12:51 AM

56 posts, read 34,452 times
It will be better if you tell something about your research on obesity. To lose my weight I tried exercises and done dieting but nothing show a better result. Now I taking pills to get out of my obesity problem.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:23 AM

566 posts, read 593,456 times
Tracy and others ... OP did answer his seemingly scientific statement. It was a build up to a flatline.

He wrote. "YOU EAT WHAT YOU ARE".... although transposed, either way, here's what he likely meant.

AKA (You are what you eat) No, he's not coming back. He's gone-boy, but here's what he meant:

In other words if you eat bacon topped cheeseburgers, mayo laden sweet potato fries, cake, pie, and ice cream bowls of white pasta with sauce and cheese you become that person, and of course, it makes a body fat.

On the other hand if 1/2 of your plate is vegetables, 1/4 is lean protein, and the other 1/4 is fruit/carb or
whole grain/carb, you become that person...lean and thin. You control who you are.

Simple science.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,562,130 times
I am a cheesecake.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:47 AM

566 posts, read 593,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
i am a cheesecake.
lol rotf... Great answer.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:19 AM

10 posts, read 5,799 times
Thank you all for the responses. I have nothing I will sell, and will be looking to make the answers public and free as soon as possible. I will NOT ask for money or sell a product through social media, period. Along with learning from people on the ground and on their journey's with weight management I am looking for the most appropriate and effective way to make knowledge public.

'You eat what you are' marks the new beginning in understanding weight management. It is a more complete statement than 'you are what you eat'. But they are most certainly very related, but different.

The answer combines world research dating as far back as 1865 and world leading neuro, psychiatric, and endocrine research (among others). It explains contradictory situations using body chemistry and explains why we choose to eat what we do when we have access and availability.

I am also a cheesecake.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:39 AM

Default A note on dieting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciFGay View Post
It will be better if you tell something about your research on obesity. To lose my weight I tried exercises and done dieting but nothing show a better result. Now I taking pills to get out of my obesity problem.
Hi TraciFGay

Dieting in itself can create more white fat cells meaning you'll be fatter after, and creates these new fat cells with a predisposition around your belly when it does. Pills can be a great kick start to weight loss but you are going to need a solid plan in place for when you come off these. Speak with your doctor now for the right solutions to maintain the weight loss after the pills.

When the free website is created, it will have information you've never heard (nor will you doctor have more than likely), but you will be able to take to your doctor for advice and help with (Probably 18 months away realistically).

If I may, a tip would be to start looking objectively (exceptionally difficult when a person is stressed) at what things are happening in your life that occurred around the time the initial weight gain in your life occurred. Then start looking at what events occur leading up to when you eat, and noticing whether it is actually sweets or not sweets that you are craving when you are hungry. Also, look at your hydration level at each of these times (and no drinking more water of itself is not the answer). This will go a long way to self education and in turn learning to manage your life events around you in response. If you do this now, I believe you will sling shot in results when the website goes up. I am sorry I can't give you more right now.

My goal with obesity education is to ensure weight is managed properly and kept off, permanently, for life, and not sell you anything doing it.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I wishyou would include the answer in your post.
It's coming. It's ridiculously simple, however, extremely complex to provide via written means and needs to be provided in a single location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss