Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 03:49 AM

18 posts, read 13,279 times

Advertisements

Depends on what you are eating. If you eat a good meal full of nutritions you won't feel hungry for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 06:31 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,993,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Eating unsweetened oatmeal is not the same as eating donuts. Sheesh. The amount of fiber in oatmeal and blueberries is very high, and fiber is one of THE most important things we humans need to eat. Fiber varies but we need both soluble in insoluble so. Whole grains provide lots of fiber and also minerals and nutrients. Donuts have zero of everything except sugar and saturated fat. Very low carb works for some and not others. I cannot function for very long if all I eat is protein for breakfast. Makes me feel like crap. I forced myself to do it for 6 months - for me I need those carbs, but I also need protein as well. I would NEVER eat donuts, but I do eat oatmeal. I have NO issues. So you see, not everyone is the same.
Some people do not want to eat breakfast, and contrary to people insisting that breakfast must be eaten, it does not.
It is so important for people to listen to their own bodies and figure out what works, instead of all the noise from around them from people saying what works for them is the best way to go.
So I agree that an experiment is good to do to see what works.
I agree that everyone is not the same. However, the OP is experiencing hunger after eating a specific breakfast and wants suggestions. If she is experiencing hunger after eating an all carb breakfast doesn't it make sense to try something different (in macronutrient composition)?

I don't agree with the statement that oatmeal is the same as donuts in a nutrition sense. But it does make sense that the OP try something different than what she is doing because what she is doing isn't working for her.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,993,515 times
Quote:
Maybe that is the case maybe that is not. Everyone is different, and oatmeal does not metabolize the same way as a donut.
Everyone is different . I agree. So if all carbs is a problem for the OP why not try something other than all carbs? The blood sugar spike/decline is well documented and the OP's description of what happens to her after eating a high carb meal is typical for those who are sensitive to carbs. Not everyone needs t limit carbs but perhaps it would make sense for the OP.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,866,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Everyone is different . I agree. So if all carbs is a problem for the OP why not try something other than all carbs? The blood sugar spike/decline is well documented and the OP's description of what happens to her after eating a high carb meal is typical for those who are sensitive to carbs. Not everyone needs t limit carbs but perhaps it would make sense for the OP.
In my last post I said that it is good to experiment.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:50 PM

564 posts, read 1,044,535 times
Quote:
I cannot function for very long if all I eat is protein for breakfast. Makes me feel like crap. I forced myself to do it for 6 months - for me I need those carbs, but I also need protein as well.
Try adding some fat. Fat is the key to feeling full and satisfied, and helps us to metabolize several nutrients.

No human being "needs" carbs. We crave cheap energy.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:12 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,866,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthYorkEd View Post
Try adding some fat. Fat is the key to feeling full and satisfied, and helps us to metabolize several nutrients.

No human being "needs" carbs. We crave cheap energy.
Been there done that. Read the books, drank the Koolaid followed the plan. Nope, not for me. I do eat fat, mainly from avocados, nuts and olive oil. I also eat whole grains - real whole grains, nothing processed, along with tons of veggies, beans, fish, and poultry and limited red meat. Works much better for ME. I have SO MUCH MORE energy. Some ways of eating work for some people, some other ways of eating work for other people.
One thing I do know that the of majority of people who go on very low carb diets inevitably fail.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:34 PM

1,098 posts, read 914,872 times
Quote:
Been there done that. Read the books, drank the Koolaid followed the plan. Nope, not for me. I do eat fat, mainly from avocados, nuts and olive oil. I also eat whole grains - real whole grains, nothing processed, along with tons of veggies, beans, fish, and poultry and limited red meat. Works much better for ME. I have SO MUCH MORE energy. Some ways of eating work for some people, some other ways of eating work for other people.
One thing I do know that the of majority of people who go on very low carb diets inevitably fail.
I almost got sick from drinking that Koolaid. I was the skinniest I've ever been and lost a good amount of muscle. I felt amazing for the first few months but then I couldn't keep the weight on and I started to feel awful. While I agree that the majority of people don't eat nearly enough healthy saturated fat, red meat and cholesterol in there's absolutely nothing wrong with rice, potatoes and beans

Old 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,903,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I started a thread awhile back on this same subject. It was true for me as well.
Glad to hear I am not the only one with this issue! Sorry I didn't see your thread or I wouldn't have started this one.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
The high priest of intermittent fasting has an answer that exact question:

Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health: Fat Loss

_
Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I feel like that about breakfast. It's like there's a seal on my stomach when I wake up. If I eat something, I pop the seal and then I'm hungry all day, but if I don't eat breakfast, I don't get hungry until afternoon.

A lot of days I don't eat until dinnertime.

Blueberries will not generally cause a sugar spike.
This is an excellent description of my situation. I definitely have a seal on my stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss