Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 01:46 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Do you have a specific reason you need to lose 1-1.5lbs a week? Setting goals?

I think, you should approach this slowly. But its really up to you in what you want to achieve in a certain amount of time. Good luck.
How much slower do you think she should approach it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 08:27 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
I last weighed myself a week ago. I did feel a bit bloated at the time and it was at the end of the day. I just weighed myself this morning at the end of my workout and I'm actually at 133.4 pounds. I just started fat burners (caffeine pills, green tea, acetyl l carnitine, raspberry ketone, cla) and am doing a colon cleanse pill for 2 weeks. My diet yesterday was 150g carbs: 168 g protein: 57 g fat at 1766 calories. I craved more food but I wasn't really that hungry. I'm just used to munching I guess. I'll keep doing this and report back in 2 weeks.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:05 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I last weighed myself a week ago. I did feel a bit bloated at the time and it was at the end of the day. I just weighed myself this morning at the end of my workout and I'm actually at 133.4 pounds. I just started fat burners (caffeine pills, green tea, acetyl l carnitine, raspberry ketone, cla) and am doing a colon cleanse pill for 2 weeks. My diet yesterday was 150g carbs: 168 g protein: 57 g fat at 1766 calories. I craved more food but I wasn't really that hungry. I'm just used to munching I guess. I'll keep doing this and report back in 2 weeks.
Skip the colon cleanse. The only thing they clean is your wallet.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:32 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Skip the colon cleanse. The only thing they clean is your wallet.
And those "fat burners" too. Burning right through the wallet.

Nothing burns fat except eating less and moving more. There is no magic pill.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
And those "fat burners" too. Burning right through the wallet.

Nothing burns fat except eating less and moving more. There is no magic pill.
Yes, I should have mentioned those as well. Nowhere has anything been published that these gimmicks work and yet people fall for it opening their wallets and swallowing their common sense.
Remember folks, if these things worked we would not have an obesity epidemic and everyone would be thin.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:29 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
Well they don't work on their own. They're supposed to be a boost to your regimen. i have been working out and eating healthy for years and still not seeing the results I want so I'm going to give this a try.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:08 PM

342 posts, read 437,832 times
I tried Raspberry Ketone by Cellucor....Unfortunately did not notice any difference. Good luck

Old 02-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Well they don't work on their own. They're supposed to be a boost to your regimen. i have been working out and eating healthy for years and still not seeing the results I want so I'm going to give this a try.
Please do some research on colon cleanses, they are the biggest hoax out there. Here is the thing, your colon is the cleaner! It is designed to remove waste form your body and it does a good job.

If you have been dieting for years and have not seen the results you want is because you have been half assing it. Sorry but its true. If you eat healthy foods at a calorie deficit you cannot help but lose weight. Chances are you were underestimating how much you were eating. If you log everything you eat and are honest about it you can see how quickly calories add up. Also serious exercise is really non negotiable if you want to be serious about losing weight. The kind of exercise that gets your heart rate up and keeps it up. Weight lifting, resistance training and HIIT are all great for calorie burn and overall health.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:53 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Please do some research on colon cleanses, they are the biggest hoax out there. Here is the thing, your colon is the cleaner! It is designed to remove waste form your body and it does a good job.

If you have been dieting for years and have not seen the results you want is because you have been half assing it. Sorry but its true. If you eat healthy foods at a calorie deficit you cannot help but lose weight. Chances are you were underestimating how much you were eating. If you log everything you eat and are honest about it you can see how quickly calories add up. Also serious exercise is really non negotiable if you want to be serious about losing weight. The kind of exercise that gets your heart rate up and keeps it up. Weight lifting, resistance training and HIIT are all great for calorie burn and overall health.
I was going to say the same thing. If you say you have been eating healthy and working out and not getting your results, then you're probably not really eating healthy and working out enough or something. I have been eating way healthier, way less, quit alcohol and working out a little and I'm not seeing my results either. But I don't just stop and say oh let me find a magic pill, maybe that will work.

I know I need to buckle down, get tighter and stricter with the calorie budget and start lifting weights in order to build some muscle, which will help burn fat a little quicker, overall.

So, to those who are looking for that magic pill, there is not one. You simply need to EAT CLEAN, LIFT HEAVY and EAT LESS THAN YOUR BODY BURNS.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:02 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Yes, I should have mentioned those as well. Nowhere has anything been published that these gimmicks work
Oh no?

Caffeine: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of its thermogenic, metabolic, and cardiovascular effects in healthy volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

https://examine.com/supplements/Green+Tea+Catechins/

https://examine.com/supplements/L-Carnitine/

https://examine.com/supplements/Raspberry%20Ketone/

https://examine.com/supplements/Conj...Linoleic+Acid/

(scroll down to the Human Effect Matrix on the Examine.com links)

As you can see, both the caffeine and green tea have proven fat loss benefits (even if minor) and the ALCAR may have an effect as well along with a host of other potential health benefits. The rasberry ketone and CLA could be 86'd though. Also, I do agree the colon cleanse is worthless and can be scrapped.

There is also some further discussion about it here: Do Fat Loss Supplements Work? : Bodyrecomposition

There are also some drug based solutions (bromocriptine, clenbuterol, T3, DNP) that can have very pronounced results but requires entering a legal gray area sometimes along with risks from misuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss