Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:13 PM

7 posts, read 7,968 times

Advertisements

Hey! I'm considering to get weight loss surgery from a clinic in Toronto. My tummy area is huge after delivery. I didn't bother about my health and beauty as I was taking care of my baby and I was happy with it. But now my DD is 5 years old and I think it's the right time for me to care about my body and health. How about getting mommy makeover? What is the procedure like? I think after getting mommy makeover I will lose my post delivery weight and be like my old self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 11:47 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,755,952 times
How about going to a gym and working out and trying the "natural" approach first?

Old 02-28-2016, 05:51 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Cosmetic surgery will not help your health/bad diet.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:55 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,826,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleburke View Post
Hey! I'm considering to get weight loss surgery from a clinic in Toronto. My tummy area is huge after delivery. I didn't bother about my health and beauty as I was taking care of my baby and I was happy with it. But now my DD is 5 years old and I think it's the right time for me to care about my body and health. How about getting mommy makeover? What is the procedure like? I think after getting mommy makeover I will lose my post delivery weight and be like my old self.
Diet and exercise will give you the results you want. Caring about ones body and health does not include surgery. It is about eating healthy foods and exercising.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:19 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
wouldn't it make more sense to lose your "post delivery weight" first and THEN get a "mommy makeover" .....if you must?

Old 03-17-2016, 01:17 AM

7 posts, read 7,968 times
Thank you all for your comments. I've joined in a fitness center in my locality and I'm trying to lose my post delivery weight. Hope after that there won't be the need for the surgery.
I'm planning to consult a dietitian to prepare a proper diet. My DH is making fun of me by saying all these interests I'm showing is just because of the starting excitement and after that, I will go back to my routine procedure. He is correct to an extent but this time, I don't want to prove it and I'm planning to work hard from now on. Will update the status when I see any changes.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:17 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
I know a woman that did after 3 kids and 2-3 miscarriages. She was happy with the tummy tuck but went back about 5 years later to lose the implants. She said she let herself get talked into implants when a lift was what she should have had. My understanding is that the tummy tuck really only helps if you maintain fitness but that being in shape will not help with loose skin, torn muscles, etc that are actually bothering some women.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:16 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,426,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleburke View Post
Thank you all for your comments. I've joined in a fitness center in my locality and I'm trying to lose my post delivery weight.
Your kid is now 5 years old, its time to stop referring to your weight as "Post delivery weight". You need to fix your nutritional intake/diet pronto if you hope to lose weight. If you can afford a surgery, you can afford both 6 months with personal trainer and regular lessons at a yoga or pilates studio.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 AM

4 posts, read 6,173 times
Many of my friends had done tummy tuck surgery after delivery and some are happy with the results but some are not happy. So it's better to go for gym and maintain proper diet. I think you have made a good decision.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:15 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
My sister had lipo and a tummy tuck in 2008. She looked great for about a year. Now she looks 6-7 months pregnant. Plastic surgery is not a magic wand. It's good that you are going to the gym. I went from 153 to 128 pounds when I started going to the gym and went from a size 14 to a size 8 or 10. At first I hated it but then I felt awful if I skipped 2 days in a row.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I love success stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss