Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 06:26 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,443 times

Advertisements

Today I met with my doctor for a normal check up and of course the scale just keeps going up every time I get weighed. I never had weight problems until after having my first child. I gained 35lbs but not am fighting to get the rest of the weight off. I am still 14lbs heavier than I was before I got pregnant and its been almost 3 years. I started walking at lunch every day for a half hour and my friend and I walk a really long way and fast. I have tried to keep my eating habits in control and even cut portions in half and not eat unhealthy foods but still the scale will NOT go down.

Today my doctor gave me a prescriptin for FASTIN since he said he's never helped me with weight control before and thought this would be good. I'm hoping to get pregnant this fall and I really dont want to gain a bunch of weight on top of what I cant seem to lose right now. He said I would be on it for a total of three months and then need to come off since the FDA doesnt like people to be on it more than that. He also strongly stressed that I still need to do portion control and excercise. Just wondering if anyone has heard of it, been on it, or has any experience with it at all. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 PM

713 posts, read 2,716,955 times
I just googled it and it is phentermine.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:07 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,099 times
This website has some info.

Fastin (phentermine) medical facts from Drugs.com

Just reading from that website I would rather deal with the 14 pounds. It looks like this drug is in the same class as Phen Fen. Have you tried something like Nutri-System or Medi-Fast? Those might be better alternatives.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 PM

hmmm, i didnt read anything other than it was phentermine. the problem with phen-fen was the combo of the drugs...i dont know how they affect you individually.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:28 PM

I've done weight watchers several times in the past. I always start fine and then blow it. But since having a child 2-1/2 years ago I have been walking and trying EVERYTHING and nothing works. I only have a one month prescription and I am going to see the doctor in a month as well. I am going to give it a try and see what happens. I'm also going to buy a treadmill and I have a pool pass that I need to start using (its indoor). I can only be on it for 3 months and then my doctor said its all about maintaining. Right now personally I think its worth a try.

Thanks for all your input so far!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,475,810 times
MANY years ago a doctor gave me Fastin and it was not a good experience. I took it and after a day or so felt like I had the flu, which I didn't relate to the pills. this continued on and on. My heart was really racing and I ended up in the emergency room after about a week or week and a half of feeling really sick. Turns out it was the Fastin and I never took it again.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:52 PM

54 posts, read 333,403 times
no drug for obesty
1-run or walk 1km every day
2-decrease eating bread just 200 gm dialy
3-eat apples 7-8 apple every day --you must eat apple before mial 2-3
dont drink pepsy or same or other liqiud
4-dont eat choclate or nesttle
willl lose 10 -12 kg every month
best drug glucophage tab if you want fast

Old 02-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Glucophage for weightloss? Glucophage is also known as Metformin and is used to treat Diabetes. I dont think any doctor in the USA is gonna prescribe that for weightloss. I dont even know if it would work for a person who doesnt have diabetes. I took it for years and I didnt lose any weight with it. What country are you in that a Dr. would prescribe glucophage for weightloss?

Last edited by verynicebecky; 02-13-2008 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-13-2008, 05:47 PM

**Update on my first day taking it**

The doctor was right, dont need soda anymore to keep me awake at work. So far I feel great, actually I feel like I am awake and alive. I have energy which is really nice. I ate alot less for supper, trying to do portion cuts and also I dont really feel hungry. Now I'm off to do a Tae Bo workout tape and I'm going to buy a treadmill this weekend. I want to get into the routine of working out and I feel like if I see results I'll want to keep it all up.

Otherwise everything is fine. I dont feel like my heart is racing or anything. I feel good so hopefully this will give me the boost I need to keep going.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 7,934 times
Default Fastin

I just started taking Fastin, I took Phentermine a few years ago along with a strick low carb diet and I dropped 50lbs quick. Problem was I did not keep up all the good work and over 3 years put 25lbs back on. Good luck with your Fastin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss