Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 01:24 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,426,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy023 View Post
Hi. I'm female 142|b 5ft2 and looking to lose half to a stone and tone up. I've made huge changes to my diet. I have a fruit smoothie with whey protein added every morning for breakfast. Wholemeal rice and quorn chilli as an example for lunch/dinner and chicken with vegetables for dinner. I exercise 5 days a week combination of hiit cardio for 30mins, running 5k, cycle 60 mins, salsa dancing. I have been at this for 8 weeks now and only lost 2 pounds. Is there anything i should be doing differently? I dont see huge changes physically neither. Before this I did zero exercise and ate a lot of carbs. I feel fitter and able to run with ease. Help please....
The results you're looking for can really only be obtained with a combination of diet and strength training. I suspect your real problem is that while you might be eating healthier than you did before, you're eating too many calories to actually lose weight. Healthy food is good, but you can gain weight on healthy food just as easily as junk food if you eat too many calories.

The first thing to do is start counting your calories and figure out how much you're actually eating. Weigh everything with a food scale, don't just estimate. I've tried eyeballing and using measuring tools before and you can underestimate by hundreds of calories a day when using a method other than weighing all your food. Then you would need to use some online tools to figure out how many calories you burn not counting the exercise. Then you can adjust with the exercise from there to figure out how much food you should eat to give yourself a 500 calorie deficit. Once in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Right now you are obviously not in a calorie deficit or you would be losing weight.

I would also drop the running and cycling as you're doing way too much cardio and add 3 days a week of strength training/weight lifting instead. Weight lifting is what will really help you to tone up; cardio doesn't help much with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 03:27 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy023 View Post
Hi. I'm female 142|b 5ft2 and looking to lose half to a stone and tone up. I've made huge changes to my diet. I have a fruit smoothie with whey protein added every morning for breakfast. Wholemeal rice and quorn chilli as an example for lunch/dinner and chicken with vegetables for dinner. I exercise 5 days a week combination of hiit cardio for 30mins, running 5k, cycle 60 mins, salsa dancing. I have been at this for 8 weeks now and only lost 2 pounds. Is there anything i should be doing differently? I dont see huge changes physically neither. Before this I did zero exercise and ate a lot of carbs. I feel fitter and able to run with ease. Help please....
Lose the fruit smoothie and whey protein.
Black coffee instead.
By the time you're ready for lunch you're already 300 calories in credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss