Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times

Advertisements

Anyone tried it??? I was wondering if it really works..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 06:49 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
I did try it and it did work. However, you cannot begin to imagine the increased levels of flatulence you will experience. If breathable air is a priority for you, or if you live in a very small apartment, you might want to skip this one. You'll make the campfire scene from "Blazing Saddles" sound like a quiet evening in the desert.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,597 times
This has been around for decades and has been used not just for dieting but also for detox (really).

Like any restricted diet - you will lose weight. Ever hear of the hotdog diet - yup, it really does or did exist. I tried the cabbage diet years ago and that among every other diet I have ever tried made me realize I had gained more weight back after all of these convoluted diets than had I never dieted at all.

Now I eat a balanced meal - never skip breakfast (that was a biggie). Yes, I still have a weight problem, but at least I am not yoyoing anymore. Good luck!!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:04 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
LOL I warned my husband about the "gas", he's looking to shed a few pounds too and was offering to try it with me.. I said he had to wait until mine was over. We'd wipe out the whole neighborhood! As far as gaining back, Ive really learned to change my eating habits already so i think once I lose I'll be able to maintain it..

Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
This is a big mistake and I would advise against it.

First of all, you are losing muscle as you are losing weight. You want to lose fat , not muscle.

This is basically a starvation diet, so as soon as you start eating you will gain weight. There is nothing special about the cabbage diet, its just restricted calories. If you only drink you will be intaking fewer calories and you will lose weight- but not the kind you should be losing.

I am sorry to be too blunt here- but please stop trying to take the easy way out people! Eat healthy, exercise and you will lose weight. Educate yourselves, its not only about being thinner but about being healthier. There is not other way around it, and once you accept this you will be on the path of health.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Faina00 is absolutely right. This diet is a big mistake and is a terrible idea. Dont think any doctor would advise it either. Try eating healthy meals along with a dedicated exercise plan and you WILL lose the weight you want to lose.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 PM

8 posts, read 21,586 times
I've tried it. Excellent results! But it is extremely important not to continue the cabbage soup diet past the seven days that is recommended. If the diet does go on longer than planned, serious health risks can occur because of all of the nutrients that are lacking from the diet. It is also speculated that you may not be in the mood for cabbage soup long after your full week off cabbage soup mania.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:23 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
If eating different varieties of soup you can probably do it for a long time. As far as soup, Healthy Choice is a good mainstream brand. I guess Healthy Choice Campbells is good also. The cans are bigger, but they have some shady ingredients in there. Try to go to a health food store and buy the brands of soup they have.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:50 AM

144 posts, read 403,815 times
I don't really know much about the diet except you eat the soup all the time. It could be healthy if you modify it by adding protein and counting calories. So for lunch you could eat the soup with a healthy sandwich or something. I would use a modified version of this diet as a stepping stone to healthier eating.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:31 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
There was a british show on "race to size zero" where two journalist went for that through various extreme means. One of them was that C.S. Diet. It actually made her puke and things. When you lose weight really fast on low call the high dump of ketones into your system will make you puke like that. Not to mention the extreme movement of bowels from the natural laxative properties in cabbage.

Super Skinny Me - BBC - Race to Double Zero

part 1
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 1
part 2
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 2
part 3
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 3
part 4
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt4
part 5
YouTube - Super Skinny Me pt 5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss