Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 05:16 PM

465 posts, read 303,792 times

Advertisements

Does anyone use this? What else do you use or drink this with?

I'm trying to detox my system to eliminate gas & bloating. A person at work swore by this stuff so I picked up a few bottles. I mixed this with water but is there anything else I should be mixing this with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 06:18 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
First off please understand that, 'detoxing' is a made up term unless you are using it in regards to drugs or alcohol addiction. it means nothing when it comes to diet. You have internal organs that do a great job of that already.
I would examine your diet and eliminate the foods that are causing you problems which could be almost anything. So pay attention to how you feel once you eat something. Your diet should be made up mostly of whole, fresh foods. You should also be drinking lots of water, which works great in eliminating bloating. Watch your sodium intake.
Apple cider vinegar is very good for you. My daughter mixes it with a little honey and water every morning. It does aid in digestion and keeps your gut flora in good shape.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
First off please understand that, 'detoxing' is a made up term unless you are using it in regards to drugs or alcohol addiction. it means nothing when it comes to diet. You have internal organs that do a great job of that already.
I would examine your diet and eliminate the foods that are causing you problems which could be almost anything. So pay attention to how you feel once you eat something. Your diet should be made up mostly of whole, fresh foods. You should also be drinking lots of water, which works great in eliminating bloating. Watch your sodium intake.
Apple cider vinegar is very good for you. My daughter mixes it with a little honey and water every morning. It does aid in digestion and keeps your gut flora in good shape.
Sorry wrong word choice but yeah I'm trying to get more good bacteria in my system & my gut. I'm going to try honey with it. I also saw that cinnamon is a good mixer.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:50 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
Did you get the kind with the Mother? It helps with the gut bacteria. Apple cider vinegar helps with blood sugar regulation. I mix it with my salad dressing. The only time I drank it, for an upset stomach, I mixed it with apple juice.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.preve...ery-meal%3famp

Old 12-21-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Did you get the kind with the Mother? It helps with the gut bacteria. Apple cider vinegar helps with blood sugar regulation. I mix it with my salad dressing. The only time I drank it, for an upset stomach, I mixed it with apple juice.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.preve...ery-meal%3famp
I bought Braggs unfiltered. I've been drinking it mixed with water, honey, cinammon & stevia. I've tried to drink a small glass three times a day. I've also been eating a lot of apples the last four days and have noticed some improvement.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:39 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Vinegar is really really tough on your system to ingest. Nobody ever believes me. you'll feel like you're "detoxing" at first..but long term you'll see negative effects. don't do it. I'm pretty healthy and developed gastritis. I'm better now but I only use vinegar now in baking and cooking as the acidity in it gets cooked out that way.

You're better off drinking aloe (not aloe juice) and eating gut nourishing foods-sweet potatoes, apples, teas, straight fresh celery juice, and as much raw fruit and veggies you can get. That will help detox you. Pick up some books on healing food and herbs.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:57 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
I seriously do not understand what people mean by bloating. Eating too much? Gas in the intestines? Feeling fat? Clue me in, please.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:25 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
VT - Some people bloat because of gas, holding too much fluid, and, many don't realize that it can happen with food allergies or an imbalance of intestinal flora. It's similar to what many women have before their period.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:22 PM

583 posts, read 713,055 times
Default ACV "Tonic"

I mix ACV with grapefruit juice and honey and drink this twice a day before meals. It has helped my skin tone as well as cleaning me out, so to speak. I have lost 4 lbs last week so far. I am liking the results I am receiving so far from this.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:53 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times
I started apple cider vinegar last week and I find myself get really hungry after drinking this stuff. Anyone else experience this? Before I was perfectly find having banana for breakfast only but now after drinking ACV I crave for more food & especially some protein n carb. The first day I didn't have carb & my stomach was going crazy (burning). Now I eat little bit of carb to tame me down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss