Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 08:07 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Vinyasa sounds awful to me. I get heat rash when it is over 82. I'd feel queasy in 5 minutes. Combine that the smell of stale sweat? Nope.

I need to stick with normal temperature rooms for exercise.

This one day juice diet will be good practice for my wisdom teeth removal!
Dont do a hot yoga class, just a regular Vinyasa class and you'll leaving feeling amazing.

Wisdom teeth removal? Ouch. Vodka and tequila juice is what is needed for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 09:05 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Vinyasa sounds awful to me. I get heat rash when it is over 82. I'd feel queasy in 5 minutes. Combine that the smell of stale sweat? Nope.

I need to stick with normal temperature rooms for exercise.

This one day juice diet will be good practice for my wisdom teeth removal!

It's not hot yoga.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-19-2017, 09:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Dont do a hot yoga class, just a regular Vinyasa class and you'll leaving feeling amazing.
Sadly hot yoga is having a moment around here. Almost every class is hot yoga or a hot yoga mashup. Blech.

So many yoga studios and no one seems to have vinyasa without the heat. Or it is level 4 flow. Hopefully someone does some beginner ones soon.

Quote:
Wisdom teeth removal? Ouch. Vodka and tequila juice is what is needed for that.
haha. I have put it off long enough. One has a cavity and they are like we should take them all out. Not excited.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:02 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,421,697 times
I have autoimmune issues as well that have wrecked havoc on my gut. My advice would be to try the AIP Diet. It's not a forever thing, but it does eliminate A LOT until your gut heals, and then you gradually add things back in as you are able to tolerate it.

I would also recommend a good probiotic. It has helped me a lot. I also started taking Restore 4 Life, and was amazed at how soon I felt better.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:07 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,421,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Bogus claim. While water helps the liver do its job, the liver does a fine job of getting waste out of your body in a daily basis. Juice cleansing is a misnomer. Soothing the intestines is also a bogus claim.
Well, that's true about your liver, assuming it's working optimally, but not everyone's does. It sounds as though you think all of those pesky abnormal blood tests for liver enzymes and function are bogus too. As far as the intestines go, my gastroenterologist would disagree with you (as do I). And I'm willing to bet he knows more about the intestines than you do. The photographic evidence of colonoscopies and endoscopies show otherwise as well.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:11 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I spent years with horrible IBS. My gastro even hospitalized me once. Plus, I took meds that required actual liver biopsies.

My gastro was very much into scientifically proven alt meds, like peppermint oil for cramps and ginger for nausea.

He was for omission diets to find dietary problems (start on rice, and then slowly add other food).

He NEVER recommended juice cleanses.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-22-2017, 06:21 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Juice cleanses, and any "cleanse" really are useless. They may provide a placebo effect on those doing it making them think (mistakenly) that something positive or great happens, but really those things are just full of baloney.

The human body is an amazingly fantastic machine. It is fully capable of eliminating all "toxins" that may be in the body. Doesnt need any new age or fad diet "cleanses" to do so. Proper nutrition and exercise is all that is needed.

You would have much better results and would even feel better by just going to a Vinyasa (NOT Hatha) yoga class. That is, unless you are one of those types who cant or are unable or even dread any type of strenuous exercise.
You are so correct. I have done the lemon cleanse at least once every other month for 10 days. I lose about 10 pounds and I always gain it all back. For the first 3 or so days its water weight and then its because the calories you drink are so few, you will lose weight. It's a quick fix to see weight drop off that's it.

Calories in and out is the key. Exercise and proper nutrition like you said. The body does it all!

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss