Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:40 PM

910 posts, read 2,292,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
So everyone who isn't vegan is low carb now? You do know that you can eat meat and still eat plenty of veggies and starches at the same time, right?

You started the debate with this statement- "The best thing you could do for yourself is to eliminate ALL animal foods and go completely plant-based." When I said, "hey wait up, that's probably not true," you tried to shove a bunch of studies in my face. Google "The China Study flaws" and skim over everything that pops comes up..For the 30th time, again, I'll say it 100 times if I have to- I DON'T TRUST DIET RELATED RESEARCH." Stop telling me to do research lol. I'm too in tune with my body to let some biased study dictate what I eat.
Oh dear, where did I say that everyone who isn't vegan is low carb??? You like to read too much into things... I don't see why you had to get all condescending either. I believe I mentioned that I was an "omnivore" for over 60 years; I also studied Holistic Nutrition so, no offense, but I probably know more about it than you do especially since your only source of "knowledge" appears to be your own little head.

I did not start the debate, I'm entitled to reply according to my beliefs, you just felt compelled to tell me I'm wrong based on YOUR beliefs, which are not even based on science so they have absolutely NO weight. Being as close-minded as you are and repeating it for the world to see I can't imagine why you still believe your very limited opinion is any better than mine, it's just your HUGE EGO speaking, nothing more. Glad you're in tune with your body, so am I, but I remind you once more that my post was NOT addressed to you, I ignored your existence until you deemed it necessary to argue with me. I addressed my post to the OP who should consider more than one option as any smart person would do. In the end she will make her own decision and there's nothing you or I can do about it.

If I kept talking about studies it's because rational people do not throw the baby with the bath water like you do. You complain about it yet you are repeating to me that junk about the supposed flaws of "The China Study". I already said that the moment I read a couple of those articles, just by the tone in which they were written, I suspected an agenda behind them and after I read the book, which I know you didn't, I totally believed in Dr. Campbell's integrity, he explained how some of his colleagues even formed part of the board of the beef council or something (dont' remember exactly but they were sell-outs). It is clear to those of us who read the book that it's the beef, dairy and egg industry who has much to lose if large numbers of people became vegans, and whether you like it or not it will happen! Every single day more and more people abandon their old ways or just reduce their consumption of animal foods, especially young people who have fewer years of indoctrination to make them blind. They will have children that will never taste meat, or dairy or eggs and there's NOTHING you and others like you can do about it. So please accept the fact that you cannot change my mind any more than I can change yours, so ENOUGH of this, ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 05:46 AM

1,098 posts, read 901,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
\

I did not start the debate, I'm entitled to reply according to my beliefs, you just felt compelled to tell me I'm wrong based on YOUR beliefs, which are not even based on science so they have absolutely NO weight. Being as close-minded as you are and repeating it for the world to see I can't imagine why you still believe your very limited opinion is any better than mine, it's just your HUGE EGO speaking, nothing more. Glad you're in tune with your body, so am I, but I remind you once more that my post was NOT addressed to you, I ignored your existence until you deemed it necessary to argue with me. I addressed my post to the OP who should consider more than one option as any smart person would do. In the end she will make her own decision and there's nothing you or I can do about it.

I also studied Holistic Nutrition so, no offense, but I probably know more about it than you do especially since your only source of "knowledge" appears to be your own little head.
We have done quite well without this kind of research throughout 99% of our existence. Telling me my opinions have NO weight is absolutely ignorant and pointless. All 'knowledge' does not come from reading reports, some of in is intrinsic and anecdotal.

I'm the one with the huge ego? Maybe you're right, I mean you obviously know way more about holistic health than I do...Agree to disagree Moderator cut: no name-calling please

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-19-2017 at 06:33 AM..

Old 07-19-2017, 07:57 AM

910 posts, read 2,292,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
We have done quite well without this kind of research throughout 99% of our existence. Telling me my opinions have NO weight is absolutely ignorant and pointless. All 'knowledge' does not come from reading reports, some of in is intrinsic and anecdotal.

I'm the one with the huge ego? Maybe you're right, I mean you obviously know way more about holistic health than I do...Agree to disagree Moderator cut: no name-calling please
Did I call you any names to warrant your insult? Geez, you can't even be civil, way to go!

Old 07-19-2017, 08:06 AM

1,098 posts, read 901,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
I also studied Holistic Nutrition so, no offense, but I probably know more about it than you do especially since your only source of "knowledge" appears to be your own little head.
Where's the moderator cut?

I'm willing to drop it and move on but if you keep insulting me I will push back

Last edited by Jame22; 07-19-2017 at 08:39 AM..

Old 07-24-2017, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 340 times
"When you focus on just a couple of small changes at a time, you begin to ingrain some healthy habits that last for a lifetime, rather than trying an all-or-nothing approach that more often than not fails because it's too hard to follow," says Lesley Lutes, PhD, an assistant professor in the department of psychology at East Carolina University.

Here are a couple things you can do:
1. Sign-up for e-newsletters about Health and Fitness (as you read about staying healthy, it'll keep you more active)
2. Limit high-fat foods (processed, sugary--*there are good fats, but I'm talking bad fats)
3. Walk 5 minutes more than your last time
4. Stretch! (Or do yoga) Stretching is so healthy for you and your muscles
5. Always pack a lunch to work or pack a snack when leaving the house (healthy snacks!) **basically, always be prepared so you're not buying fast food or unhealthy snacks when you're out.
6. Take 10 as you eat a treat--I KNOW SOUNDS CRAZY! If you SLOW down and try to eat your favorite treat (cake, brownie, chocolate, ice-cream) in 10 minutes then you'll fully enjoy the flavor. Plus, it'll satisfy you and eliminate the craving.

Hope this helps you!
Courtney

courtney@weightlossadvice101.com
http://www.weightlossadvice101.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss