Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:49 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times

Advertisements

carcassor carcase
[kahr-kuh s]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
the dead body of an animal.

Slang. the body of a human being, whether living or dead.
the body of a slaughtered animal after removal of the offal.
anything from which life and power are gone:
The mining town, now a mere carcass, is a reminder of a past era.
an unfinished framework or skeleton, as of a house or ship.
the body of a furniture piece designed for storage, as a chest of drawers or wardrobe, without the drawers, doors, hardware, etc.
the inner body of a pneumatic tire, resisting by its tensile strength the pressure of the air within the tire, and protected by the tread and other parts.

I'm not sure why you consider that so inflammatory.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 01:53 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,386,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Where do you see that here? It's been a pretty moderate thread. I'm not even a vegetarian.

I was not speaking about this thread. Vegans in general are political in nature because there is no actual dietary basis for it. B12 , the enzyme elastase pretty much debunks the idea. And it never takes long.
"I am not eating the carcass of an animal that had most likely suffered after living in filthy conditions that required the animal to be shot up with hormones and antibiotics"

Old 04-22-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
carcassor carcase
[kahr-kuh s]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
the dead body of an animal.

Slang. the body of a human being, whether living or dead.
the body of a slaughtered animal after removal of the offal.
anything from which life and power are gone:
The mining town, now a mere carcass, is a reminder of a past era.
an unfinished framework or skeleton, as of a house or ship.
the body of a furniture piece designed for storage, as a chest of drawers or wardrobe, without the drawers, doors, hardware, etc.
the inner body of a pneumatic tire, resisting by its tensile strength the pressure of the air within the tire, and protected by the tread and other parts.

I'm not sure why you consider that so inflammatory.

Hmm so you go out and have some cow carcass with your friends? You are as delusional as the typical vegan if you think you can gas light me in to this. Is a bagged lunch yer feed bag now? What sauerkraut, rotted vegetables now? And yogurt is spoiled milk? Go try that with some 8 year old and don;t wast my time.

And it did not inflame me at all. Its just, ironically, histrionic language for the context of eating meat.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I was not speaking about this thread. Vegans in general are political in nature because there is no actual dietary basis for it. B12 , the enzyme elastase pretty much debunks the idea. And it never takes long.
"I am not eating the carcass of an animal that had most likely suffered after living in filthy conditions that required the animal to be shot up with hormones and antibiotics"

This is true in the majority of cases. It's not inflammatory or hysterical or political. It just is.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:59 PM

I have to ask again: Has anyone read the full article?

Old 04-22-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:

So by throwing out that accusation, and then admitting it is not happening on this thread, it is YOU who is bring all of that up.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:50 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,988,727 times
Well, as we here in Montana used to say:
Aged T-bone steak: a piece of old dead cow.
Boneless skinless chicken breast: a piece of a young dead bird.
Salmon steak: A piece of dead fish.
Pork chop or ham: a piece of an old dead pig.
Fried rabbit: A piece of a dead rodent.
ETC.

By the way, I am a member of the Montana branch of PETA.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

I wonder, do plants have feelings?
Does a carrot scream when it is yanked out of the ground, peeled, sliced, and boiled?
Does a corn stalk cry when its babies are ripped away?
Do potatoes moan when they are chopped or shredded and become french fries or hash browns?
Should plants have rights?

Old 04-22-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
This is true in the majority of cases. It's not inflammatory or hysterical or political. It just is.

Anyone who would tell people eating meat that they eating a carcass would be regarded as an insulting troll. It just is.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Well, as we here in Montana used to say:
Aged T-bone steak: a piece of old dead cow.
Boneless skinless chicken breast: a piece of a young dead bird.
Salmon steak: A piece of dead fish.
Pork chop or ham: a piece of an old dead pig.
Fried rabbit: A piece of a dead rodent.
ETC.

By the way, I am a member of the Montana branch of PETA.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

I wonder, do plants have feelings?
Does a carrot scream when it is yanked out of the ground, peeled, sliced, and boiled?
Does a corn stalk cry when its babies are ripped away?
Do potatoes moan when they are chopped or shredded and become french fries or hash browns?
Should plants have rights?

Pure Disney fantasy .

Do rats scream when they are poisoned Do fish scream with fertilizer dead zones in the oceans? Do bees agonize over pesticides? Do vegans care about destroying salmon fishers from high water damns? Do they care about road kill or birds that die at air ports because we have to truck coconuts in Alaska , Canada, Northern Asia? Do they know they are salting California to death? Do vegans realize bees pollinate their food, enslaving them. How can you eat almonds? Should vegans own cats or have plate glass windows that kill birds?....Do they care about the over exploitation and habitat loss of the few arable zones on the earth while leaving most of the globe under utilized which could otherwise use seafood or scrub lands fit for ruminants or goats? Do they care about depleting nonrenewable water resources for their humane beans?

Grass fed pasture animals have little impact on the environment. No fertilize algae booms, no rat poison. Nothing to poison bees or birds. No glyphosate . You can eat locally . You can't use ruminants in the scrub , the mountains .

https://www.organic-center.org/hot-s...bay-dead-zone/
Sustainability: Water - The Ogallala Aquifer

https://www.qcsupply.com/resources/b...e-control.html
Pesticides are killing birds, bees, and bats by the millions - NaturalNews.com

I'd hate to be histrionic so I'll just say veganism is an ecological nightmare, not to mention a socio economic nightmare given veganism is suitable to global farming combines while animal husbandry allows for far more local agriculture.

Anyway as usual another vegan says nothing about the merits on the actual human diet.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:57 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,829,980 times
Quote:
Pure Disney fantasy .

Do rats scream when they are poisoned Do fish scream with fertilizer dead zones in the oceans? Do bees agonize over pesticides? Do vegans care about destroying salmon fishers from high water damns? Do they care about road kill or birds that die at air ports because we have to truck coconuts in Alaska , Canada, Northern Asia? Do they know they are salting California to death? Do vegans realize bees pollinate their food, enslaving them. How can you eat almonds? Should vegans own cats or have plate glass windows that kill birds?....Do they care about the over exploitation and habitat loss of the few arable zones on the earth while leaving most of the globe under utilized which could otherwise use seafood or scrub lands fit for ruminants or goats? Do they care about depleting nonrenewable water resources for their humane beans?

Grass fed pasture animals have little impact on the environment. No fertilize algae booms, no rat poison. Nothing to poison bees or birds. No glyphosate . You can eat locally . You can't use ruminants in the scrub , the mountains .

https://www.organic-center.org/hot-s...bay-dead-zone/
Sustainability: Water - The Ogallala Aquifer

https://www.qcsupply.com/resources/b...e-control.html
Pesticides are killing birds, bees, and bats by the millions - NaturalNews.com

I'd hate to be histrionic so I'll just say veganism is an ecological nightmare, not to mention a socio economic nightmare given veganism is suitable to global farming combines while animal husbandry allows for far more local agriculture.

Anyway as usual another vegan says nothing about the merits on the actual human diet.
Can you back up these claims with any peer reviewed non biased sources?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss