Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:46 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Can you back up these claims with any peer reviewed non biased sources?

Can I back up the claim that grass fed has none of these problems? Ever heard of New Zealand?

I need a study to know if I can honk a clown's nose? Any fertilizer run off? Any pesticide ? Any herbicide here?

Polyface, Inc.

The only argument one can make is the so called carbon foot print which pretty interesting when given it does not use fossil fuel to grass feed.

whatcha plan on growing here, alphalpha spouts?

https://www.traildino.com/trace/cont...Plains_Circuit

Vegans salt up California land, eat nuts pollinated by bee keepers, which they kill with pesticides, and drain aquifers while babbling nonsense .

Salt build-up adds to water crisis

Vegans are naive dreamers traumatized by Disney . They know nothing about food. They are pontificating in urban coffee houses. They make great useful idiots for big agra who would love to put us all on soylent

https://www.soylent.com/

Yeah we should not grain feed animals and we should grow for better energy conversion in the arable zones. However in the scrub lands, oceans and tiagia aka for most of the earth's surface such farming practices are not feasible. We will just over exploit arable land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I went to some of the articles and can hardly figure out what the points is of that last post.

It's like random free association or something....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Can I back up the claim that grass fed has none of these problems? Ever heard of New Zealand?

I need a study to know if I can honk a clown's nose? Any fertilizer run off? Any pesticide ? Any herbicide here?

Polyface, Inc.

The only argument one can make is the so called carbon foot print which pretty interesting when given it does not use fossil fuel to grass feed.

whatcha plan on growing here, alphalpha spouts?

https://www.traildino.com/trace/cont...Plains_Circuit

Vegans salt up California land, eat nuts pollinated by bee keepers, which they kill with pesticides, and drain aquifers while babbling nonsense .

Salt build-up adds to water crisis

Vegans are naive dreamers traumatized by Disney . They know nothing about food. They are pontificating in urban coffee houses. They make great useful idiots for big agra who would love to put us all on soylent

https://www.soylent.com/

Yeah we should not grain feed animals and we should grow for better energy conversion in the arable zones. However in the scrub lands, oceans and tiagia aka for most of the earth's surface such farming practices are not feasible. We will just over exploit arable land.
So much for peer reviewed studies. I see that you, or at least I hope you are against conventional farming and feed lots. They are deforesting the planet and are the biggest contributor to global warming. If I were to go back to eating meat it would be local and grass fed.
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder regarding veganism. I suggest you broaden your horizons and if you are going to post the detractors of it, please let them be peer reviewed and not from biased sources.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I went to some of the articles and can hardly figure out what the points is of that last post.

It's like random free association or something....

Another useless post.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
So much for peer reviewed studies.

What peer review studies? what peer revised studies do you have that vegans don't use rat poison? That's your problem to prove.

Quote:
I see that you, or at least I hope you are against conventional farming and feed lots.
I am glowing in your approbation. Are you not using atrazine on your lawn so I can at least ya?

Quote:
They are deforesting the planet and are the biggest contributor to global warming. If I were to go back to eating meat it would be local and grass fed.
Not really the biggest immediate problem . the carbon economy is a racket to control the sale of air.

Quote:
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder regarding veganism. I suggest you broaden your horizons and if you are going to post the detractors of it, please let them be peer reviewed and not from biased sources.

Peer review...Do you know how that works? Industry funds the study on something they plan to sell and then the FDA rubber stamps it.

I was using stevia 20 years ago without "peer review". When i was growing it I am surprised I didn't land in jail.

The FDA & Stevia

Nope, I just get to the point. I am ruthless against argumentative tactics. When they are employed then I just don't care who cries over ir. This would include demanding scientific rigor to the mundane.

Tell me how are you going to feed the world and transport it all without using 90% of the earth surface? What "peer" review is needed? Food diversity and security is essential. We are already looking at way too much corn and soy monotony with it negative consequences .

If you need me to tell you then here ya go; its not secret.

Impacts of genetically engineered crops on pesticide use in the U.S. -- the first sixteen years | Environmental Sciences Europe | Full Text

Old 04-24-2017, 04:10 PM

Gwynedd1 You use a lot of false equivalencies when arguing your point. So I will leave you to it.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:16 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Pure Disney fantasy .

Do rats scream when they are poisoned Do fish scream with fertilizer dead zones in the oceans? Do bees agonize over pesticides? Do vegans care about destroying salmon fishers from high water damns? Do they care about road kill or birds that die at air ports because we have to truck coconuts in Alaska , Canada, Northern Asia? Do they know they are salting California to death? Do vegans realize bees pollinate their food, enslaving them. How can you eat almonds? Should vegans own cats or have plate glass windows that kill birds?....Do they care about the over exploitation and habitat loss of the few arable zones on the earth while leaving most of the globe under utilized which could otherwise use seafood or scrub lands fit for ruminants or goats? Do they care about depleting nonrenewable water resources for their humane beans?

Grass fed pasture animals have little impact on the environment. No fertilize algae booms, no rat poison. Nothing to poison bees or birds. No glyphosate . You can eat locally . You can't use ruminants in the scrub , the mountains .

https://www.organic-center.org/hot-s...bay-dead-zone/
Sustainability: Water - The Ogallala Aquifer

https://www.qcsupply.com/resources/b...e-control.html
Pesticides are killing birds, bees, and bats by the millions - NaturalNews.com

I'd hate to be histrionic so I'll just say veganism is an ecological nightmare, not to mention a socio economic nightmare given veganism is suitable to global farming combines while animal husbandry allows for far more local agriculture.

Anyway as usual another vegan says nothing about the merits on the actual human diet.
It is refreshing to see that the sarcasm/irony went zipping over the head of somebody.
I wondered if it would.
Thank you.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:37 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Abstract can be viewed here

I'm sure this is going to send the fan boys and girls into fits of histrionics (speaking of which, anyone seen Just a Guy lately?) but this is rather interesting. The long and short of the study is that when you normalize for other lifestyle factors, vegetarians and vegans did not live any longer than their meat eating counterparts.

So, class, what conclusions can we draw from this?
Very few vegetarians know enough about what they're doing, to get enough proteins that have a complete amino-acid balance. They are also less active and dynamic and don't exercise as much as those with a natural, omnivorous diet. And their minds are closed to any arguments about the error of their ways.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Very few vegetarians know enough about what they're doing, to get enough proteins that have a complete amino-acid balance. They are also less active and dynamic and don't exercise as much as those with a natural, omnivorous diet. And their minds are closed to any arguments about the error of their ways.
Hmm, I guess I must be a rare individual indeed. I like the last line that you conveniently put in to bolster your case.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:41 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Abstract can be viewed here

I'm sure this is going to send the fan boys and girls into fits of histrionics (speaking of which, anyone seen Just a Guy lately?) but this is rather interesting. The long and short of the study is that when you normalize for other lifestyle factors, vegetarians and vegans did not live any longer than their meat eating counterparts.

So, class, what conclusions can we draw from this?
I am not at all surprised by this.
There are so many factors to consider when looking at how long people live.
I have had clients that are cognitively intact, like long chain smoker who survived living in concentration camps in their 90s mean while I have clients in their 40s that we eating organic, never smoke and physically fit with terminal cancer. Some time is it random. No dietary change is going to 100% help avoid illness or early death. Moderation is likely the best bet to help maintain quality of life with least negative impact to the body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss