Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:41 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times

Advertisements

I love the taste of distilled water and when I'm super thirsty water it is my go to drink. The only two cold beverages I ever drink are my own iced tea, half caff with Stevia and distilled water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 11:21 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I so dislike drinking plain water!
Ive never heard of a living, breathing being disliking water. I just cant imagine being so out of it that I absolutely require FLAVOR in my water to drink it. I just cannot relate.

If it helps, try drinking what I call "spa water". Cut a few slices of lemon and a couple of cucumbers into a pitcher of water and drink it. Its awesome.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:24 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
I am in my 60s now, and have been drinking a LOT of water for the past several decades. Other than morning coffee/tea and my evening wine it is the only beverage I drink. I was buying a lot of bottled water (in plastic bottles) but recently quit that practice. I have a simple PUR filter spigot jug on my counter and I put my water through that. I cannot tell the difference in taste between that and the bottled. My tap water actually tastes a bit better than it used to, but it does have that chemical "off-taste" that the filter helps remove. I usually only like room temp, and I occasionally add lemon and/or minerals to it for better nutrition and hydration. A small spoon of Xylitol also improves flavor quite a bit.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:11 AM

4 posts, read 3,776 times
I appreciate your post, and I also have some comments as: should drink water filtered or mineral water, if you use fruit juice must limit sugar and calories in it because it greatly affect your work weight loss!

Old 05-23-2017, 11:21 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I am in my 60s now, and have been drinking a LOT of water for the past several decades. Other than morning coffee/tea and my evening wine it is the only beverage I drink. I was buying a lot of bottled water (in plastic bottles) but recently quit that practice. I have a simple PUR filter spigot jug on my counter and I put my water through that. I cannot tell the difference in taste between that and the bottled. My tap water actually tastes a bit better than it used to, but it does have that chemical "off-taste" that the filter helps remove. I usually only like room temp, and I occasionally add lemon and/or minerals to it for better nutrition and hydration. A small spoon of Xylitol also improves flavor quite a bit.
I have used the PUR filter years ago but when I got so crazed about the fluoride added to our waters, yes there is naturally occurring but the stuff added, good grief...the PUR does not filter out "F"...unless it's changed.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:36 PM

658 posts, read 359,466 times
I love it and it's delicious. In fact I can't stand drinking anything else, especially anything with sugar in it. Drinking drinks with sugar in them when you're eating things that are savory makes no sense anyway. Water is great as it cleanses the palate as well and it promotes good digestion, and tastes refreshing.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
I find temperature matters for me! And it depends on time of day, what I have eaten and so on. I generally love cold water, but at the wrong time of day it can be nauseating. I also drink warm water, and by warm I mean 90-100 degrees. Room temperature is the hardest for me to drink. I have to be super super thirsty. I'd rather drink it cold or warm or hot.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:56 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,927,256 times
I was never a real water drinker until I started on Nutrisystem in February. I like it while exercising, but not otherwise. I found these Welch's Grape single serving drink packets and now my water tastes just like grape Kool Aid from my youth. I Love it and no calories.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:05 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Ive never heard of a living, breathing being disliking water. I just cant imagine being so out of it that I absolutely require FLAVOR in my water to drink it. I just cannot relate.
I can. I personally do not like plain water most of the time (there are some exceptions), so I own a large supply of Crystal Light style drink flavorings.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:33 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

If it helps, try drinking what I call "spa water". Cut a few slices of lemon and a couple of cucumbers into a pitcher of water and drink it. Its awesome.
Oh I get it. Not all water is equally tasty. The water at my parents house tastes funny. Therefore I drink way less water than normal when there. I compensate by having a ton of herbal tea. And adding a splash of juice to the plain water.

My water at home, or at work, or at my sisters place is fine. I have a filter pitcher, we have filtered water at work. My sister's water is less ideal and needs to be super cold!

Last edited by jade408; 05-24-2017 at 08:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss