Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 11:33 AM

844 posts, read 1,441,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I know drinking lots of water (8 glasses a day) is healthy and helps with weight loss, but up until now I have more or less choked it down and I just can't seem to stick with drinking that much water.

I don't like the artificial fruit flavor packets that they sell to make water taste "better". I've tried making iced tea with some lemon squeezed in, but I'm not a tea drinker so I gave up on that idea too.

I finally tried something in it that I like and thought I'd share. I bought a big jug of unsweetened grapefruit juice and I add one cup to 6 or 7 cups of water. It gives it just enough flavor that it is much easier for me to drink without gagging lol.

I suppose any kind of unsweetened juice would be helpful, as long as it isn't full of natural sugar giving it a higher calorie count.

At least now I am drinking more water without detesting it. I thought this might help some people who are like me.
Everytime you drink water...just eat something with it..that eases the dislike for water drinkers...like eat some pecans with your 160z bottle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 05:18 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
If one is drinking tap water it's dead/flat. Buy some Fiji or Volvic and it's like day and night in taste and quality.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:40 AM

17 posts, read 11,083 times
I hated drinking water for most of my life, but now I love to drink it with some fresh lemon or ginger in it. And I also found that it helped me a lot with my weight loss and that was also a reason for me to somehow like it better

Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times
If you really understand how important water is for you, you'll gladly and willingly drink it no matter what. As you drink it, you shouldn't be thinking about taste, but visualizing what that water will do for your body. Do some research to learn about it, so it's not such a foolish and meaningless activity. Read up on the various needs of the body for water. If you care about your body, you'll want to know and understand its needs.

Concerning taste, American are really big on taste and letting one's taste buds rule them. But really, they are only a tiny percentage of the body, and only a small part of the digestive system. Whatever we drink or taste is only relevant for a quick moment. What matters in the long haul is how does what you've consumed affect the rest of your body. People highlight and sort of worship that 0.00001 percent of them, to the neglect of the remaining 99.9999% It's craziness. What matters most, pleasing your taste buds for a few seconds, or putting high quality food and drink in your body? I've progressed to the point that I could care less about taste. It can become easy to do if you try. I'm all about focusing instead on how what I consume will help the body. Instead of thinking about taste, you can think about the benefits of smart food.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:30 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If one is drinking tap water it's dead/flat. Buy some Fiji or Volvic and it's like day and night in taste and quality.
We really shouldn't encourage anyone to buy bottled water. All those plastic disposable water bottles create a ton of pollution. Instead people can buy a water filter like Brita, and then use a reusable stainless still, glass, or BPA free water bottle.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:36 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Talking Rain peach-nectarine is a new favorite. I bought a 24-can flat for around $5 at Costco Business Center.

As a family, we only drink water, either filtered through the fridge or sparkling and from a bottle or can (Perrier, La Croatia, etc.). Or water heated and forced through a pod (coffee).

I love filling up my water jug with ice and pouring filtered water over it. I drink about 3-4 liters a day. Just like some people can't understand how someone can love the taste of just water, I too don't get how people can drink things that have sugar, or worse - artificial sweetener, added to them. Tastes sickly sweet, feels sticky in my mouth and throat, ugh. Nothing quenches my thirst like cool water.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:16 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Talking Rain peach-nectarine is a new favorite. I bought a 24-can flat for around $5 at Costco Business Center.

As a family, we only drink water, either filtered through the fridge or sparkling and from a bottle or can (Perrier, La Croatia, etc.). Or water heated and forced through a pod (coffee).

I love filling up my water jug with ice and pouring filtered water over it. I drink about 3-4 liters a day. Just like some people can't understand how someone can love the taste of just water, I too don't get how people can drink things that have sugar, or worse - artificial sweetener, added to them. Tastes sickly sweet, feels sticky in my mouth and throat, ugh. Nothing quenches my thirst like cool water.
Diet soda pop included. A friend of mine is hooked on Diet Pepsi and I've told her how bad it is for her.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:11 AM

21 posts, read 9,977 times
I have a water filter. Faucet water is too full of chemicals. And I love orange and lemon cordial - just a dash - in ice cold water. Especially in the summer. Makes water a lot more interesting.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:01 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
We really shouldn't encourage anyone to buy bottled water. All those plastic disposable water bottles create a ton of pollution.
I love how you posted that picture to tug on the heartstrings rather that just...you know...advising people to do the responsible thing and properly dispose of their plastic waste.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:52 AM

385 posts, read 205,395 times
I love water as long as it is cold with lots of ice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss