Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 11:31 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times

Advertisements

The orange, evil, chemical laden, totally without value, Cheeto. They cavort in my dreams. I love them beyond reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 11:32 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Ok I’ll admit...I haven’t eaten a Cinnabon in a loooong time or anything from the Cheesecake Factory. I have gift cards that remain unused. The caloric payload is out of this world and I have yet to crave these things enough to overcome the massive amount of calories. For 1200 calories or more Id want more than a damn cinnamon bun or cheesecake.
OMG, Cinnabons are like heaven, but I haven’t had one in years. I did tell hubby that if he serves food at my funeral, there should be Cinnabons, cigarettes, and adult beverages. Life is short.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:24 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
This thread continues to blow my mind.

I lost 70 pounds last year and have maintained easily and never, ever, never stopped eating pizza or ice cream. Two slices of traditional New York-style thin crust is about 600 calories. A cup of Breyers Extra Creamy Vanilla ice cream is 220 calories. Most days my calorie total leading into the dinner hours is around 600 and almost every single day I finish under 2,000 calories consumed.

Eat whatever you want, just keep to the budget.

Using a keto or paleo diet and shudder at the thought of eating pizza? Okay, are you planning on sticking to those strategies forever? If not, what comes next for you if you don't learn how to size and select your food choices?

And why would you want to live the rest of your life denying yourself food choices you truly enjoy?

Old 05-07-2018, 03:03 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In defense of cheesecake factory..... they have a "skinny menu" and they have a veggie salad I LOVE - but can only eat half of it, AND they have sugar free cheese cake which is decent.

I used to live on Cinnabon in high school, and that probably the last time I had one.
I just can't bring myself to eat those things...crazy isn't it? I know one day of eating a blowout like that wouldn't really set me back in the big picture but it's like once you know how bad calorie-wise the food is, it's hard to mentally bring yourself to eat it! My problem with skinny is that it's competing against other delicious non-skinny choices and the sodium content makes my vessels pop, lol. Sugar free cheesecake just doesn't sound appealing. As a New Yorker, I would need real cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
OMG, Cinnabons are like heaven, but I haven’t had one in years. I did tell hubby that if he serves food at my funeral, there should be Cinnabons, cigarettes, and adult beverages. Life is short.
Yes they sure are. I used to eat them when I was in my 20s but now in my 40s there's not a lot of wiggle room these days to fit in an 800 calorie cinnamon roll lol...

Old 05-07-2018, 03:14 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
The whole rest of the day I was not able to get that smell and vision and craving of cake out of my brain. I ate watermelon, a LARABAR, and RX BAR and even a banana, all to no effect. I went to bed dreaming of cake.
You probably consumed more calories eating around the cake than you would have if you'd just had some cake.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:15 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
This thread continues to blow my mind.

Eat whatever you want, just keep to the budget.

Using a keto or paleo diet and shudder at the thought of eating pizza? Okay, are you planning on sticking to those strategies forever? If not, what comes next for you if you don't learn how to size and select your food choices?

And why would you want to live the rest of your life denying yourself food choices you truly enjoy?
Yup.

I traditionally only eat out once a week but due to my mom's birthday, I ate out twice. All i did was adjust, eat a 190 cal shake before the workout as usual, then a 150 post workout bar. Ate fajitas with double rice, no other fixins, though. Ate about 450 cals work of cookies at home. the cookies were totally useless garbage calories but sometimes in life you need some.

Total calories, probably 1650. I knew ahead of time what to expect and I adjusted.

Using the calorie budget method has helped my sanity.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:04 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I just can't bring myself to eat those things...crazy isn't it? I know one day of eating a blowout like that wouldn't really set me back in the big picture but it's like once you know how bad calorie-wise the food is, it's hard to mentally bring yourself to eat it! My problem with skinny is that it's competing against other delicious non-skinny choices and the sodium content makes my vessels pop, lol. Sugar free cheesecake just doesn't sound appealing. As a New Yorker, I would need real cheesecake

Yes they sure are. I used to eat them when I was in my 20s but now in my 40s there's not a lot of wiggle room these days to fit in an 800 calorie cinnamon roll lol...
I understand. I have the same problem when I go to other restaurants. Kidlet wanted to go out for breakfast, and I said "I will just have a fruit bowl"..... I ended up with pork adobo fried rice omelette. For that reason, I generally try to stay out of restaurants. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss