Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:30 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
Me too, with the butter...but I really must confess that the longest amount of time I've been on a diet is 3 (three) hours.
ha! yes that can happen easy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 06:38 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I miss the carbs. I enjoy pizza, but I'm limiting carbs and fructose. I miss getting stoned and when getting the munchies, eating cheesecake and cake. Also the frequent take out chinese... but I really like garden salads to me they are so good that I'm having less a problem giving up the sweets, but still I like variety. For a treat when I'm stoned I eat rolled oats with large amounts of ceylon cinnamon and cocoa along with stevia/splenda/saccharin/neotame, some casein protein which thickens it and makes it go further, and some half and half salt. Anti-oxidant powerhouse with all the cinnamon and cocoa.

All the vending machine food I ate at work was pretty mediocre tasting anyways, I mostly did it out of habit... now when I treat myself I only eat high quality treats and I only eat higher carb stuff before aerobic exercise so my body has a chance to burn a lot of it off. Mostly it's better to avoid splurging any more than on a specified day no more than once per week.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,418,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
...what food do you miss most when cutting down to lose weight..
Bread, pizza, and cake!

Old 06-26-2017, 10:21 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
I guess my point is that you don't have to miss anything when trying to lose weight. Life is too short to deny yourself things that you like. The real goal is to learn how to eat smaller portions and manage your calories (adjusting as needed) to achieve or maintain. Trigger foods can be eaten when confined to the occasional occurrence rather than daily. One day of eating unhealthy things will not derail an entire week of progress.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:55 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,509 times
I miss desserts chocolate, ice cream, homemade chocolate chip cookies, cake, donuts, etc. I am very much addicted to sugar, and I am slowly breaking that addiction, but boy do I miss the sweet stuff.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:53 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
I used to really miss sugar -- I was also addicted. Stick with it Crazy4Chickens, it gets easier. I finally broke the addiction when I quit trying to make "fake" desserts. You know, all sorts of crap sweetened with Splenda or mixed with sugar free jell-o or Crystal Lite etc etc etc.

Now I've cut out even artificial sweetners and the sweetest thing I eat on a regular basis is fresh fruit. I still eat dessert a few times a month. But before, dessert would lead to a binge that lasted for days or sometimes weeks. (A true addiction IMHO.) Now I can go right back to eating right the very next day without even being tempted to extend the junk food excursion.

It took me several years to conquer that feeling that I'm being deprived, but I'm finally at peace with the fact that I need to eat right most of the time.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I'm giving up the salt shaker to handle the sodium. if you miss that flavor, like if food is too bland, get some no-salt lemon pepper! it will give you that acidy taste that salt used to give you.. its pretty good for a replacement. Try it you might have to get it in a place that sells no-salt spices.
Oh I have them all Penzeys, Mrs. Dash, a whole collection. It is amazing what they can make using the lemon flavor!

To keep at 1000-1500 a day, you really have to give up a lot more than the salt shaker unfortunately. Eating at home is easy enough though, it's just the eating out I miss once in a while

Old 06-27-2017, 08:24 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
Oh I have them all Penzeys, Mrs. Dash, a whole collection. It is amazing what they can make using the lemon flavor!

To keep at 1000-1500 a day, you really have to give up a lot more than the salt shaker unfortunately. Eating at home is easy enough though, it's just the eating out I miss once in a while
oh for sure, but i realized when i gave up the salt shaker how much water weight i was retaining. i still get tempted but im trying to stick with the natural flavor of food because i know it will help in in the long run.

i do sometimes go out but rarely coz i buy my own food and have lots of food i make that i just chop up ingredients and spices and put in a soup pot (dutch oven?) and cook it. makes like 4 servings, so no cooking next few days. now THAT's real fast food!

Old 06-27-2017, 08:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Miss cheesecake and real ice cream.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:37 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
oh for sure, but i realized when i gave up the salt shaker how much water weight i was retaining. i still get tempted but im trying to stick with the natural flavor of food because i know it will help in in the long run.

i do sometimes go out but rarely coz i buy my own food and have lots of food i make that i just chop up ingredients and spices and put in a soup pot (dutch oven?) and cook it. makes like 4 servings, so no cooking next few days. now THAT's real fast food!
That's the best. And very healthy too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss