Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 01:28 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
If people who love you keep telling you that you look ill, maybe you are ill. It isn't easy to tell a person you love that they look bad. If they are going through the trouble of doing it you should give their thoughts consideration.

Additionally, while your height and weight are in the healthy range that doesn't mean it is a healthy weight for you. It is possible that you weight too little for you. It is also possible that you are ill. We need more information than just your height and weight.
^^This. Ideal weight ranges have their limitations, and can't really take into account what looks healthy based on each individual's frame, weigh distribution, or body composition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 01:47 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
OP here. I just wanted to know if it was a normal and good weight as everyone keeps telling me I look very underweight.
I would definitely compare my body to Ariana Grande, that's what I look like.
It depends on your bone structure, and other factors. Asking your doctor would be the best idea, a good, informed and objective opinion. Do you get annual checkups?

Old 08-05-2017, 03:44 PM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
243 posts, read 366,752 times
My mother is about this size, and small-boned, in good health and not frail looking. I don't necessarily ascribe to the use of BMI, but this height and weight is within normal BMI. It becomes underweight, according to BMI, at 5'6" and 112.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:28 AM

844 posts, read 1,441,853 times
Quote:
Female, 5'3 and 112 pounds.
Little

Old 08-10-2017, 06:34 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
Hot.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:42 AM

3,886 posts, read 4,537,512 times
Quote:
People keep telling me I look ill but I don't think I am severely underweight
First and foremost see a doctor for a check up. Don't get into a battle of wills with friends and family, it's not worth it.
Second, it could depend on your a actual body shape (pear, Apple, rectangle) and/or bone structure.

When I was young, i went up and down between 130 and 140 (I'm 5'6"). I always felt fat. All the supermodels i read about were much taller and weighed under 120. So i went on a strict diet and went down to 120 pounds. Everybody was so worried about me telling me I looked really boney. But i was so disappointed that I couldn't fit into a pair of size 5 Jordash Jeans cause my hip are wide and my waist is high, so... lost another 5 pounds. I do believe I was on the cusp of an eating disorder. I still saw myself as fat in the mirror, and I stopped having periods. Well, now it's almost 40 years and 60 pounds later. I've had my ups and downs with weight, but even now at 180, people are shocked when I've mentioned it. (I think between having bigger bones and running around restaurants for a living kept my body fat down) For my health though, I'd be satisfied at this point to be between 150 and 160. ☺
Anyway, if you feel great and your doc says your healthy, then that's that. If you look a little skeletal (like I did) you could probably afford a few pounds.
All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss