Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,777,137 times

Advertisements

I have gone back and forth with cheeses, from the softs to the hard to goat milk cheese you name it.

I've cut cheese out a lot and since I'm out of rehabs I've been "treating" myself to cheeses, TOO MUCH.

My bowels have gotten worse and I believe all since "treating" myself to too much cheese.

Learning lessons, so I've got to back off....Veggies/Protein/Fats and WATER (lots)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 12:32 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,503,808 times
You must be sensitive to the lactose in cheese.

Cheese does a number on my sinuses which apparently means I'm sensitive to the protein casein. It sucks cuz I love cheese but I can only eat it when I'm not doing anything for a few days that a runny stuffy sinus and watery eyes would interfere with.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:46 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,777,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
You must be sensitive to the lactose in cheese.

Cheese does a number on my sinuses which apparently means I'm sensitive to the protein casein. It sucks cuz I love cheese but I can only eat it when I'm not doing anything for a few days that a runny stuffy sinus and watery eyes would interfere with.

Everyone LOVES cheese, it's a highly addicting food. Can probably clog arteries too. I've read the harder the better the cheese could be.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:44 PM

11,114 posts, read 7,180,697 times
Cheese isn't a very good food. It has cultures, but otherwise doesn't give the body much of anything useful. It's also rather fattening. You could have a low-fat cottage cheese though and get some decent protein.

I've stopping eating cheese and am very thankful for that. It's heavy and unnecessary food.

Old 10-28-2017, 04:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,343,415 times
Cheese is a major factor for many in their dietary regime, Burgers/ Pizza/mac and cheese come to mind. A little cheese now and then wont be a problem but many consume cheese in almost every meal.
https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com...or-health.html

Old 10-28-2017, 04:53 AM

282 posts, read 233,261 times
Yup, the operative phrase is "too much!" Not that cheese is the problem. Too much cheese is the problem. You have to find out where your line is, and not cross it.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:16 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
The worst reaction I've gotten that my body hasn't tolerated well are the deli cheeses, those are not good. Way too much caesin, lactose, processing, etc. If I have servings it is usually organic varieties.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:07 PM

282 posts, read 233,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The worst reaction I've gotten that my body hasn't tolerated well are the deli cheeses, those are not good. Way too much caesin, lactose, processing, etc. If I have servings it is usually organic varieties.
Actually many deli cheese have less lactose than most "gourmet" cheeses. Also many are considered natural cheeses, such as aged cheddar, swiss, and parmesan. Harder cheeses have less lactose than softer cheeses for the most part (with exceptions). And most deli cheeses are harder, rather than softer. Casein is found naturally in all dairy from all mammals, including humans. It's a protein.

Old 10-28-2017, 05:24 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post
Actually many deli cheese have less lactose than most "gourmet" cheeses. Also many are considered natural cheeses, such as aged cheddar, swiss, and parmesan. Harder cheeses have less lactose than softer cheeses for the most part (with exceptions). And most deli cheeses are harder, rather than softer. Casein is found naturally in all dairy from all mammals, including humans. It's a protein.
I think the cheese was just too rich, too much fat content.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:34 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,500,648 times
I one serving a day of cheese. I only eat the Organic Valley Mild Cheddar. I just find it perfect. It's also a tiny bit lower in sodium than a lot of other cheeses.

You may be craving more fat in your diet as well....maybe try to add more healthy oils or avocado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss