Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 05:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

What did you eat for dinner? Does drinking a glass of water take away the hunger pains, or do you think you want to eat for emotional reasons?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 07:37 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,258,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What did you eat for dinner? Does drinking a glass of water take away the hunger pains, or do you think you want to eat for emotional reasons?
I don't think I want to eat for emotional reasons. (I always have them and don't correlate that with eating.) But now I ate breakfast and know I had 'enough,' however, my mouth and brain and stomach are telling me I want to eat more. So now what? Tell myself no? (That's what I'm doing but I don't enjoy it. OTOH, when I eat too much -- overload my stomach -- I hate myself. So -- how to handle the feeling that I want to eat more to satisfy me physically?)
I'll try drinking more water, thanks.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:16 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I don't think I want to eat for emotional reasons. (I always have them and don't correlate that with eating.) But now I ate breakfast and know I had 'enough,' however, my mouth and brain and stomach are telling me I want to eat more. So now what? Tell myself no? (That's what I'm doing but I don't enjoy it. OTOH, when I eat too much -- overload my stomach -- I hate myself. So -- how to handle the feeling that I want to eat more to satisfy me physically?)
You need to eat foods that satiate you. Also make sure the portion of food is on target for how many calories you want to consume. Once you finish your meal go do something else. It takes time for our bodies to tell us we are full, and that can be a problem. If you distract yourself after a meal you will find within about 10 minutes you are no longer hungry. Drinking water before and after a meal also helps.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:06 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
Quote:
So how much weight has Mr. Mathlete lost so far, due to your good cooking? The thought of tracking every calorie is awesome for me, so the idea of having a range of foods to choose from and count points only, is better. But I'll let you know once I start the program.

Right now I ate dinner, but am dying for some more and am desisting, desisting, desisting. This is hard! But I'm coping. Somehow. Maybe I'll make some popcorn.
He’s down 10 pounds, with 40 more to go. You can sign up online for one month to see if it’s a good fit for you; that what I did: signed up to get the hang of it, and after that started using the Skinnny Taste website (free) to put together meals that fit his points.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
He’s down 10 pounds, with 40 more to go. You can sign up online for one month to see if it’s a good fit for you; that what I did: signed up to get the hang of it, and after that started using the Skinnny Taste website (free) to put together meals that fit his points.
10 pounds is good. I am losing slowly, very slowly, but at least I'm losing right now. Yes, I think that's what I'll do. I guess I'm lazy, tomorrow is the deadline day for me and my friend to sign up. I'm tired right now, didn't get a good night's sleep, so I'm not doing much of anything right now.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Quote:
Then eat something - preferably one thing - that will take the edge off and then NO. Your body isn't going to make it easy but you can be just fine with less food.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:37 PM

OK, I've signed up with WeightWatchers online and so far I like it. I hope it works, meaning I hope if I stick within the designated points guideline, I will lose weight.
But here is my question, if anyone knows the answer. They start me with so many points for the day. But then there is a number for "weekly" remaining smartpoints. What does that mean? What are weekly remaining smartpoints?

Old 03-06-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Then eat something - preferably one thing - that will take the edge off and then NO. Your body isn't going to make it easy but you can be just fine with less food.
Yes, I agree. Right now I am choosing healthier foods to eat if I'm hungry. Gone are the potato chips & pasta remaining if I'm hungry after a meal. Or at night. Last night I had celery sticks w/a hummus and salsa mixture. It was good. And I stopped when I thought I really don't need to eat any more. Whereas in the past I used to think everything will be OK when I lose the weight, but really what happened is that when I lost weight I thought, "OK, I can start eating everything I want again..." And I know that cannot happen again as it did in the past. So -- the decision really comes down to, do I want to lose weight and keep it down and continue in that manner, or do I want to eat everything I want to no matter what it is, until I can't eat another bite? I think the first idea will hopefully take over.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:18 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
Quote:
OK, I've signed up with WeightWatchers online and so far I like it. I hope it works, meaning I hope if I stick within the designated points guideline, I will lose weight.
But here is my question, if anyone knows the answer. They start me with so many points for the day. But then there is a number for "weekly" remaining smartpoints. What does that mean? What are weekly remaining smartpoints?
The weekly points are a “cushion” in case you go a little over your points, or if you know you have an event that week where you anticipate eating more than you’re supposed to.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
The weekly points are a “cushion” in case you go a little over your points, or if you know you have an event that week where you anticipate eating more than you’re supposed to.
OK, thanks. I think I'm under the points for today, but I may not have added up correctly because I had to guess on some of the foods. I may get stricter as time goes on. Who knows? I might even buy Weight Watchers meals for a week and see if that makes my weight go down. But the counting helps me say no at a certain point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss