Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 07:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
you are paranoid of getting cancer
Bingo.

The rate of cancer is increasing given a fixed population size. My intuition is that it's less influenced by living (slightly) longer, and more influenced by our bodies being in a constantly fed state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 08:26 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Bingo.

The rate of cancer is increasing given a fixed population size. My intuition is that it's less influenced by living (slightly) longer, and more influenced by our bodies being in a constantly fed state.
I know a lot of people in their 30s with cancer. . The past 2 years have been rough.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:27 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Bingo.

So you put yourself through these extreme fasts to prevent yourself from ever getting cancer? That is a strange way to live.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:41 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
The truth is while there are known risk factors for cancer, many times it is an unfortunate thing that simply "just happens". For many reasons. And that has cancer researchers stumped to this day. There are people, for example, who have never smoked yet get lung cancer. As we age, the cancer chances naturally increase. going on extreme fasts isn't going to improve your odds. If that's what you want to do, have at it.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:25 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
I wonder if cell/smart phone use plays into the cancer (among other things)?

Before 2000 still few people had cell phones; today, everyone has a cell phone up to their ears and so on.

I've heard they cause cancer.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
So you put yourself through these extreme fasts to prevent yourself from ever getting cancer? That is a strange way to live.
I rather enjoy it. I feel better, I'm stronger, faster, lighter as a result. The cancer prevention is just gravy, but yeah I don't relish the notion of puking my guts out on RT and chemo so I'm cool with these "extreme" measures.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
The truth is while there are known risk factors for cancer, many times it is an unfortunate thing that simply "just happens".
Not really. Predisposition exists sure, but ultimately in the end you earn cancer. The research is there on preventative care now that 23andme and other genetic tests exist to identify MAO and MTHFR mutations. Hint: prevention doesn't involve staying away from cell phones or body scanners, these play a trivial role. It involves lifestyle changes.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I rather enjoy it. I feel better, I'm stronger, faster, lighter as a result. The cancer prevention is just gravy, but yeah I don't relish the notion of puking my guts out on RT and chemo so I'm cool with these "extreme" measures.
Its great you found something that works for you. But your way of eating is not going to catch on with many, if any people.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:08 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
The truth is while there are known risk factors for cancer, many times it is an unfortunate thing that simply "just happens". For many reasons. And that has cancer researchers stumped to this day. There are people, for example, who have never smoked yet get lung cancer. As we age, the cancer chances naturally increase. going on extreme fasts isn't going to improve your odds. If that's what you want to do, have at it.
Quote:
Not really. Predisposition exists sure, but ultimately in the end you earn cancer. The research is there on preventative care now that 23andme and other genetic tests exist to identify MAO and MTHFR mutations. Hint: prevention doesn't involve staying away from cell phones or body scanners, these play a trivial role. It involves lifestyle changes.
OTOH, when you have guys like "leading" us, who knows what they might be puting in the water. (I used to never drink tap water, but today I drink it like a fish...)

Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth Solutions | Fox News

On a similar note, 'TCT' the other night reported that testosterone is down something like 30 percent in American men in the last 30-40 years or something like that? An alarming reduction in male testosterone in just a generation.

There are probably all kinds of things at play here - innocuous, sinister and God knows what else, WHY people are getting cancer more often.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
OTOH, when you have guys like "leading" us, who knows what they might be puting in the water. (I used to never drink tap water, but today I drink it like a fish...)

Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization as Population Growth Solutions | Fox News

On a similar note, 'TCT' the other night reported that testosterone is down something like 30 percent in American men in the last 30-40 years or something like that? An alarming reduction in male testosterone in just a generation.

There are probably all kinds of things at play here - innocuous, sinister and God knows what else, WHY people are getting cancer more often.
Uh, surely you can do better than Fox News links. That pretty much disqualified that link.
What is TCT?
I think there are a lot of factors going into why cancer is more prevalent. But I would have to say one huge contributor is Monsanto. Also, prepackaged foods that have 3 inch ingredient lists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss