Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 08:02 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I really don't want to argue this, everyone does what they want. But overweight it a BIG issue in our country. Wonder how much grains are eaten in Japan, these are a pretty thin people.
Its because people over eat these foods. The Japanese love rice and eat smaller amounts of protein. Their portions a smaller and they do not flock to fast food restaurants. I was in Paris last year and did not see one overweight Parisian. A popular lunch item were sandwiches on baguettes. They eat a roll or croissant in the morning. People eat pasta in Italy too.
Its the junk food we as Americans over eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 10:56 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Its because people over eat these foods. The Japanese love rice and eat smaller amounts of protein. Their portions a smaller and they do not flock to fast food restaurants. I was in Paris last year and did not see one overweight Parisian. A popular lunch item were sandwiches on baguettes. They eat a roll or croissant in the morning. People eat pasta in Italy too.
I said I wouldn't get involved here again..but just this morning Dr. Drew Pinsky was talking about the aging and overeating of carbs....I've read some of the Wheat Belly and Grain Brain books and about fast foods, I agree, but also not a lot of thin Italians and Mexicans if we want to talk about groups.

Off to eat my morning cabbage soup for Breakfast and I'm sure there are carbs in those veggies.

Enjoy All....

Old 04-10-2018, 11:03 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
I said I wouldn't get involved here again..but just this morning Dr. Drew Pinsky was talking about the aging and overeating of carbs....I've read some of the Wheat Belly and Grain Brain books and about fast foods, I agree, but also not a lot of thin Italians and Mexicans if we want to talk about groups.

Off to eat my morning cabbage soup for Breakfast and I'm sure there are carbs in those veggies.

Enjoy All....

Overeating is the key point in your summary. Plus, they are probably talking about cookies, cakes, ice cream and candy, not say, millet.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-10-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
About the French, we can't forget about how much they love and consume their "grape" foods/drinks. I've talked about the Grape so much as you all know and often complain. The product I talk so much about comes to us from France.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-10-2018 at 11:26 AM..

Old 04-10-2018, 11:26 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Honestly, I'm glad that I'm selectively oblivious to many of these studies. They'll have you consuming nothing but water and kale at some point.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:33 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
The title of this thread is quite ironic

Old 04-10-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
The title of this thread is quite ironic
The point of this whole post is the 5 1 lady who weighs 152 and she didn't think she was too heavy. The MD she was talking too did NOT agree with her...he tells her to get off a lot of carbs and she says but I LOVE bread. Am I the only one who sees this....

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-10-2018 at 12:00 PM..

Old 04-10-2018, 12:03 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Honestly, I'm glad that I'm selectively oblivious to many of these studies. They'll have you consuming nothing but water and kale at some point.
Oh no, they did a study on Kale too. It is bad for your thyroid.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:10 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Oh no!! Kale has too much oxalates and that's bad for you!!!

Now you are down to water, and that better be filtered and stored in non-BPA containers.

That's why I just choose to eat a broad variety of things, rotate proteins (pork, beef, poultry, other..), use a variety of fats, variety of veggies.....

Then I don't have to worry about all the studies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-10-2018, 12:17 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
I really don't want to argue this, everyone does what they want. But overweight it a BIG issue in our country. Wonder how much grains are eaten in Japan, these are a pretty thin people.
The Japanese eat a lot of grains, at every meal. They also eat plenty of vegetables, and exercise a LOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss