Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 02:51 PM

26,439 posts, read 46,702,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Chef Boy-ar-dee!
Been a long time since had that. Now matter what shape it came in (Beffaroni, Ravioli, etc.) it always tasted the same.
^
Ah, that reminded me of this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oFAgvfZQIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 03:06 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,280,289 times
Beefaroni is delicious if you've had too many drinks and you need something quick n easy.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:13 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,838,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Beefaroni is delicious if you've had too many drinks and you need something quick n easy.
I could never be drunk enough to eat that crap. Delicious? I dont think so.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:46 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,280,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I could never be drunk enough to eat that crap. Delicious? I dont think so.
Eat it straight out the can. Yum.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:55 PM

29,531 posts, read 22,757,012 times
Of course you can eat pasta and lose weight.

Heck, you can eat ANYTHING and lose weight, so long as calorie expended is greater than calorie taken in.

Carbs, fats, proteins, don't matter.

That's why people have eaten nothing but McDonald's for months, and still lost weight and had great blood lipid profiles, because they still maintained under the maintenance calorie range.

It's this concept that keeps getting Americans fatter and fatter. People want to blame carbs, lack of exercise, etc. etc., but in reality, people eat way too much and then they wonder why they cannot lose weight. Thinking that the hour on the stairmaster somehow magically allows your body to burn fat throughout the day no matter how much you eat. Or that eating mostly fats will make you lose weight no matter how much you take in.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:05 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,769,628 times
You have to eat a lot of fiber in addition to carbs. The reason Asians are thinner in general even though they eat a very high carb diet because they eat a lot more fiber than Americans do and smaller portions. Plus, an active life style of walking and being outside more.

When I was in Asia, you start the morning with rice or bread, either a crepe or bun. Then for lunch almost everybody eats rice or noodles with very little protein such as fish or thin slices of meat and usually some kind of vegetable.

For dinner a lot of seafood and more vegetables and rice.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:13 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,521,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The US doesn't have very good wheat at all, research Wheat Belly and Grain Brain. Norman Borlaug was the pioneer behind modifying wheat to solve global hunger, part of the Green Revolution in 3rd world countries. In doing so, wheat was changed dramatically, meaning the plant became semi-dwarf, seed head became much larger, and gluten content far higher as well. This has led to deleterious health impacts for the US population in terms of health because that wheat has been in the marketplace in all forms since the mid 1980s. This tracks the exponential increase in obesity in the US that began during that time, extending out in time several decades. Modern wheat is an appetite stimulant, therefore many people cannot exert good "portion control" as the brain is impacted, throwing off normal feelings of satiation.
I agree.
What's more interesting as well is the lack of high street bakeries in the US.
They're on virtually every main Street in much of Europe providing a huge selection and variety of bread including lots of wholegrain,paninis,baguettes and wraps.
I particularly like German bakeries for the tastiest bread.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:26 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,521,814 times
Or maybe it's just the lack of high streets where people walk to shops and markets rather than drive to a Walmart and haul themselves onto a motorised shopping trolley.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,405,685 times
Its all about portion control,sure you can eat pasta but keep it limited to one cup of cooked pasta and you wont have any problems =https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-n...onamount=1.000

Old 03-24-2019, 04:14 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,021,423 times
Ha ha ha! This past week, I ate two boxes of cereal and an entire bag of pretzels (rough week - don't ask). We also had raviloli for dinner one night, pizza one night, meatball subs and garlic bread last night. Weighed myself this morning and I am currently at my second lowest logged weight in the last year.

Carbs and pasta, in and of themselves, are not bad! (although some of the ones I've eaten are....) Each person responds differently to different things.

I have a friend who simply cannot lose weight without Keto. Whereas when I try going no carb, or even low carb, I turn into a raging witch lunatic.... I say whatever works for an individual is great, and if it works - keep doing it!

(Although I will not even buy beefaroni! But I do remember it being quite delicious!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss