Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 10:00 AM

19,959 posts, read 9,525,590 times

Advertisements

Good for you, Spuggy!! How long has it taken you to lose the 25 pounds, btw?

I bet it's frustrating that your body seems to be resisting so much, but at least you are still keeping at it -- and at least you're not gaining any of it BACK! How much more weight do you want to lose? And do you keep track of calories?

Btw, I like avocadoes, so I might give the above a try, although I am very happy with the almond flour biscuits. Have you actually tried the Avocado Cloud Bread yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 02:08 PM

13,449 posts, read 15,560,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
So far I’ve lost 25lbs on the paleo diet however my doctor was astonished I hadn’t lost twice the amount given how much I exercise and diet but I have the slowest system ever. So he suggested a quit breakfast for a few weeks and a little less fruit. I can report it hasn’t made a heap of difference. My bod resents giving up anything and I continue to sluggishly lose on average a half to one pound every other week.

Since I’m on the paleo as a lifestyle change there is no going back and I’m as stubborn as my bod is, so I’m hanging in there.

Avocado Cloud Bread
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...-bread-recipe/
as long as the number is going down, that's all that really matters. i'm surprised that your doctor was "astonished"... every individual loses at their own pace.. and by being "astonished" he'll just make you feel bad. a half pound per week isn't a slow loss.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:29 PM

Just wondering --

Does anyone know why I don't feel hungry until I eat, and then I feel hungrier immediately AFTER I eat? (FYI, I consume less than 500 calories per meal, so maybe that just triggers my hunger?)

Old 10-05-2018, 10:08 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,236,337 times
Katharsis. Thank you It’s taken me 5 1/2 months to lose 25 lbs. besides sticking to paleo I also swam laps twice a day for two months, and when not swimming then walking twice a day ( 60 mins and 20 mins). I chose paleo because I would be free from counting calories . I’d like to lose 40 more lbs.

I did try the avocado cloud bread and really liked it.

Ria , I agree about 1/2 lb a week, that seems a healthy amount to me, slow but sure. I would have felt bad but doc doesn’t know just how slow and stubborn my body is . I was not discouraged but I agree with your point that each of us loses at a certain rate,no one size fits all.

I have one more week of skipping breakfast per my docs request ,perhaps after three weeks there may be an impact. If not then I’ll go back to small breakfasts again.

Old 10-06-2018, 10:45 AM

13,449 posts, read 15,560,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Katharsis. Thank you It’s taken me 5 1/2 months to lose 25 lbs. besides sticking to paleo I also swam laps twice a day for two months, and when not swimming then walking twice a day ( 60 mins and 20 mins). I chose paleo because I would be free from counting calories . I’d like to lose 40 more lbs.

I did try the avocado cloud bread and really liked it.

Ria , I agree about 1/2 lb a week, that seems a healthy amount to me, slow but sure. I would have felt bad but doc doesn’t know just how slow and stubborn my body is . I was not discouraged but I agree with your point that each of us loses at a certain rate,no one size fits all.

I have one more week of skipping breakfast per my docs request ,perhaps after three weeks there may be an impact. If not then I’ll go back to small breakfasts again.
Good...glad that you weren't discouraged. People can be well meaning but don't understand. Losing weight varies from person to person and from week to week. Not everyone loses a pound or more per week, for whatever reason. as we age, our bodies do change and it's much tougher. that's why whatever you lose is a reason to feel good.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:47 PM

14 posts, read 7,733 times
Keep up the good work.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:31 PM

Just wanted to give an update. I am now on week 7, and I have maintained a eight-pound weight loss even after going off it (for the most part) on a five-day road trip. (My husband maintained his weight loss, too.) Even though we ate at restaurants for all our meals, I avoided sugar and limited the carbohydrates, but it was still definitely more carbs than I had become used to. Also, btw, my blood pressure is still at 120/69. (it was about 135/79 when I started.)

My question, however, is why do I feel hungrier AFTER I eat? I honestly don't feel hungry very much at all now, but when I do eat a (moderate and fairly low-cal ) meal, the hunger pains kick in about a half hour later!

I still want to lose about 25 more pounds -- but with the holidays coming up, it is going to be tough, so I have decided that I am going to continue to diet except for the actual holiday weeks (actually, 10 days for Thanksgiving and 12 days total for Christmas-New Years) -- and then resume it with even more determination after January 1st!

Last edited by katharsis; 10-25-2018 at 05:25 PM..

Old 10-25-2018, 05:15 PM

19,292 posts, read 16,821,592 times
Good advice here. Even my doctor is on board with intermittent fasting. He and his wife are doing it. I've been doing it for a little under two weeks but it must be working. I'm starting to feel better and it's pretty easy to get used to. Sure hope it improves some of the recent lab results. Those were depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss