Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 08:59 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
But it was fun, wasn't it? And you can go back on the wagon tomorrow (or whenever the yummy leftovers are gone).
I did bring some leftovers home, but not many carbs... just the turkey, oh and a piece of pumpkin pie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 10:22 PM

3,972 posts, read 5,165,235 times
Alright. I managed only one plate before I was stuffed. It had everything, potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce. Oh, and a big slice of pumpkin pie, which I made in a 12" cast iron skillet. A couple of beers rounded it out.

Now I'm going to watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Then sleep.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:24 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Now I'm going to watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Then sleep.
Those aren't pillows!!!

Old 11-23-2018, 12:31 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,473,271 times
You know it. Enjoyed me some turkey and all the sides...my daughters and I baked three dozen cookies and as a nod to high fat folks here we used eggs and butter. Nom nom, everyone was fat and happy today.

Listen I have really good discipline. You have to, to do what I do. I eat clean six days a week with few exceptions. But I will not give up my once a week cheat day. I lost weight because of it and Ive maintained because of it. Eating clean every day won’t work for me. Tomorrow I’ll return to healthy eating...in fact I welcome that after days like these. But I will enjoy good times with my friends and family

Old 11-23-2018, 12:33 AM

Oh yeah I ate lots of fat carbs and protein. Got all the macros covered.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:49 AM

14,938 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
You know it. Enjoyed me some turkey and all the sides...my daughters and I baked three dozen cookies and as a nod to high fat folks here we used eggs and butter. Nom nom, everyone was fat and happy today.

Listen I have really good discipline. You have to, to do what I do. I eat clean six days a week with few exceptions. But I will not give up my once a week cheat day. I lost weight because of it and Ive maintained because of it. Eating clean every day won’t work for me. Tomorrow I’ll return to healthy eating...in fact I welcome that after days like these. But I will enjoy good times with my friends and family
Absolutely! Those "cheat days" are what keep one sane and able to stay on the wagon the rest of the time, IMO.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:25 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,250,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Heck yeah!
I'm done eating for the day and it looks like I may only gain 3 lbs, a few less than expected.
Might lose 'em this weekend.
The final count is 3.6 lbs gained.
Now, I'm going to fast for the next two days... no more than 600 calories each day.
It's not so bad... a turkey sandwich using 11 carb bread has less than that.

Let's see how many of those Thanksgiving pounds are gone by Sunday morning.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Absolutely! Those "cheat days" are what keep one sane and able to stay on the wagon the rest of the time, IMO.
Tell me about it. It's one of the key reasons why I've come as far as I have. It's been two years since I was 220+ lbs. I have no doubt that I will keep it off too. Because I indulge and never deprive, I've freed myself of random binges and food obsession. I can enjoy my life while watching my weight.

Total damage was 4.5 lbs. but it was worth it, every yummy morsel of dressing, green bean casserole, cornbread...

Today it was back to normal eating patterns, much to the relief of my body.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:33 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,241 times
I've learned from past gorging that it doesn't usually end well for me. I'm often unhappy and in pain. So this year I decided to try ticking to my daily calorie allowance with the possibility of adding another 500 calories if I wanted them.

Not needed! I ended the day having only consumed my daily calorie allowance! And I felt quite full, probably because I ate all those calories in three hour window. But it was good! I ate everything I wanted to eat, just in smaller portions.I tried something new, and liked it! But kept it to a small portion. I munched on finger foods, again portion control.

And I tracked calories as I went. I knew exactly how many were left, and that I could fit a few more slices of cheese in there. OMGoodness do I love cheese! All in all, a very good day.

Old 11-23-2018, 05:30 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,250,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Today it was back to normal eating patterns, much to the relief of my body.
I didn't go completely nuts, just one big plate with everything on it, a piece of pie and a turkey sandwich later.
Back to normal today... turkey sandwich on lo carb bread and a lettuce & broccoli salad.
I feel good today. Gonna do it again tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss