Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 02:12 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Besides being weight conscious, I was also a terrible cheapskate.
I am with you 100%... going to work only to blow a bunch of pay on lunch?
I'm liking all of the money that I'm saving on dinners now. Our grocery bill has gone WAY down.

Ignoring donuts? Easy.
But sometimes people bring cheese and sausage. Probably not ignoring those, but I do ignore the crackers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 07:55 AM

16 posts, read 11,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Fasting has been recognized and used in curative medicine for millennia.

If a person, such as you describe, were to run to the fridge and binge eat after only a day of fasting, then that person would have an attitude/willpower problem, which is psychological and has nothing to do with the well established facts about the health benefits of intermittent fasting.

Blessings! 🙏🏻

Mahrie.
You are right but I think that there is something we both can agre that not every tip of diet is for everyone and that people have to try to find the method that works for them and sometimes it has to be through trial and error until they find it, they shouldn’t give up.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:39 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,804 times
18:9 for me yesterday - fasted from 6 pm - 12 noon, and then ate from 12 - 9 pm. Glad the Pats won the Super Bowl (woo hoo!) but it was a pretty boring game. Even the commercials were lame!

Except that NFL commercial - which was freakin' awesome!

Old 02-10-2019, 08:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
What do you think of this?

https://prolonfmd.com/pricing/

Old 02-11-2019, 02:57 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What do you think of this?

https://prolonfmd.com/pricing/

I don’t know why you’d pay for something that you can effect for free (via fasting). Too, I’m not a fan of long-distance medical assessment, as hands-on attention is required to responsibly care for patients.

True, I counsel people long-distance via FaceTime, but those counseling sessions deal with psychological and emotional issues, and are not biological interventions.

Mahrie.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Today I started my induction phase (2 weeks) of the alternate day diet. I only consume 500 calories for the day, and so far, so good. In order to insure compliance, one only consumes three meal replacement shakes (of your own choosing, I went with Glucerna, which I think taste the best, they're delicious) and while I'm sitting here watching basketball, I notice I'm not really hungry, but I do miss any snacks that I've grown accustomed to so I've consumed four medium sized carrots. This is going to be my only 'cheat food' for the next two weeks.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:37 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Has anyone done this diet where you fast from around 7 pm. in the evening until noon the next day? (Give or take). Several people I know have done it and raved about it, that it works and they lose weight.
Everyday I fast from around 5PM to around 6:30AM (so more than 12 hours), and on Sat/Sun from around 4PM to around 11AM (around 19 hours). I have also long eliminated processed sugar from diet and control portions of whole grain carbohydrate. Finally, I stumbled into becoming vegan because I simply feel better that way.

No complaints and I maintain my weight within BMI range.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:18 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Everyday I fast from around 5PM to around 6:30AM (so more than 12 hours), and on Sat/Sun from around 4PM to around 11AM (around 19 hours). .
I've been doing 15- 16 hour fasts only but occasionally 17 hours.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:36 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,276,325 times
I’ve watched some his videos, but I think the Ken D Berry MD and Dr Eric Berg chiropractor YouTube channels have much more complete information about intermittent fasting. You need to gradually reduce your snacking till you are only eating three time per day, no snacking. Then gradually make breakfast later in the morning, until it is close to lunchtime, when breakfast can be eliminated. You’ll then be down to two meals per day.

Then you can gradually reduce the time between lunch and dinner, till you get down to one meal a day. Or, you could stay at two meals a day. The transition from 3 meals a day to two meals a day could take several weeks. Almost all of your hunger sensation will go away as your body adapts two meals a day, or one meal day.

At the same time, you need to eat the right foods, and reduce your sugar consumption. You can improve the results by combining a Keto diet with intermittent fasting. As you lose weight, you may have a loose skin problem. It could take a year or two to get rid of the loose skin. Your skin is replaced every three months. Some people will be more successful at reducing the loose skin. In some cases with severe weight loss, the loose skin might require surgery. I found that switching to OMAD and Keto helped me lose my loose skin after a little over one year. I also skip eating one day a week. There’s almost zero hunger sensation after fasting for 48 hours after your body adapts.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:33 PM

11 posts, read 6,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I have a question about fasting, I have to eat breakfast every day. I work out in the morning and usually need to eat breakfast before I go to work otherwise I feel really dizzy...trust me this has happened more than I'd like to admit.
Is there any way that maybe I could just skip dinner? Like fast from 1pm to 7am the next morning?
That's exactly what I do! I have to have even a small snack before I workout like an apple sauce pouch or something similar. I have to get up early to get my workout in and then go to school right after so I eat way early in the morning. I cut off my eating around 3 so I just eat really nutrient dense foods during the non-fasting hours and then while I'm fasting I drink tons of lemon water and if you drink coffee or tea I do it regular with no sweeteners or anything just plain and it tides me over and keeps me full for longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss