Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2018, 10:25 PM

30,827 posts, read 19,464,741 times

Advertisements

The results I've gotten from following the recommendations in The Plant Paradox have been a miracle for me but I haven't known many others that have tried it or anyone that did it and din't get great results. Some of the recommendations are controversial so there's been criticism of his diet but everyone I've known that criticized the diet also never did it.

So if you tried and it did't work for you or if you are doing it and getting great results, please opine.

I have reversed diabetes, lost all my bodyfat, stomach is flat, cholesterol is great, muscle tone and strength are excellent....so detractors, if this diet is so terrible, why are my results so fabulous?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 10:28 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,826,001 times
I don’t know about Plant Paradox but what’s wrong with eating a lot of vegs and fruit. That’s what my husband and I do.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don’t know about Plant Paradox but what’s wrong with eating a lot of vegs and fruit. That’s what my husband and I do.
That's what I did too and ended up with a giant gut, diabetes, and overweight. I will say if the diet you are currently following is giving you great results, then you probably shouldn't change it. That was not the case for me.

I am so much healthier since I started following the diet proscribed by Dr. Gundry which I would guess I'm now maybe 60% compliant, I was probably 90% compliant when I lost all of my excess weight and reversed diabetes.

My personal Doctor told me I was the first patient she had that completely reversed diabetes down to regular numbers so she read the book, implemented the diet herself and is now recommending the diet to her patients that need it.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:42 PM

My husband and I don’t have diabetes, but we eat as if we were. Mostly nuts versus fast carbs. But we do eat meat. Fat guts? When my husband was a runner, he had flat stomach. However, I might check out this book out of curiosity.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
My husband and I don’t have diabetes, but we eat as if we were. Mostly nuts versus fast carbs. But we do eat meat. Fat guts? When my husband was a runner, he had flat stomach. However, I might check out this book out of curiosity.
I highly recommend the read. If nothing else, you'll likely know a lot more about nutrition and the food chain than you did before.

Yeah my gut was huge when I started which the typical "beer gut" is a cauldron of bad stuff that will end up killing you. Now my gut is flat and my bodyfat is 10% (I'm male)....so it's not recommended that I lose any more fat.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I highly recommend the read. If nothing else, you'll likely know a lot more about nutrition and the food chain than you did before.

Yeah my gut was huge when I started which the typical "beer gut" is a cauldron of bad stuff that will end up killing you. Now my gut is flat and my bodyfat is 10% (I'm male)....so it's not recommended that I lose any more fat.
I did read about 10 books about nutrition for diabetes. The huge gut is usually wheat belly. Check out that book too. That’s why we are gluten free, well my husband at least. I just eat the same food for convenience.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I did read about 10 books about nutrition for diabetes. The huge gut is usually wheat belly. Check out that book too. That’s why we are gluten free, well my husband at least. I just eat the same food for convenience.
2 key recommendations is no grains and beans. Sounds like you have a strong interest in nutrition, sure would like your feedback if you read the book. For me, it just sounded correct and then when I implemented the diet, the results I got and still get are miraculous. I'm currently working in Azerbaijan so hard for me to work the diet fully so I hope to get even better when I return to the USA for good...hopefully very soon.

As a teaser, the things I gave up that I love are cashews, peanut butter and tomatoes. Most everything else I gave up wasn't that hard for me...I don't like bread anyway.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:57 AM

Nuts make you gain weight, but otherwise it’s good fat. My husband eats them daily. Tomatoes, I don’t like them anyway. I grow them, but my husband eats them. But I do like cooked tomato sauce, they are good for prostate, maybe to keep the PSA level down or constantfor my husband. No biggie. I’ve heard bad things about beans and grains, I eat beans occasionally, but like everything I’m dont go to extreme. I personally don’t like eating a lot of carbs, prefer a Keto diet. I only add them back in my diet because of keto rash.

Yes, I’m interested in nutrition and medical stuff. But I’m an engineer so go figure.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:02 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,298,841 times
Quote:
Nuts make you gain weight, but otherwise it’s good fat.
I eat peanuts. They don't have many carbs as long as you don't go "nuts".

Old 12-09-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I eat peanuts. They don't have many carbs as long as you don't go "nuts".
The irony is that a "peanut" is not a nut, it's a bean. Peanuts and peanut butter are one of the things I've given up completely after reading Plant Paradox and I loved peanut butter a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss