Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 06:35 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,906,197 times

Advertisements

Everything You Need To Know About The Ketogenic Diet
Pamela A. Popper, Ph.D, N.D
Dec 12, 2018 5:06 PM
https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/...rWel6QNcR2YU6w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 07:18 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,252,935 times
I'm not buying the part of the article where they talk about using metabolic treatments for cancer.
Steve Jobs thought he could beat cancer using alternative treatments.
He was wrong, wasting valuable time in the process. If he had taken Ruth Bader Ginsburg's course of action, they might both be alive today.

But I do believe such treatments can prolong life in what is considered a hopeless situation.
I personally know of such a case... a former coworker with terminal prostate cancer.
He went on an extremely restrictive diet where he took in as close to zero carbs as possible.
Managed to live for a number of years this way, but eventually it still got him.

If mine returns, it will be Bendamustine & Rituximab, possibly a bone marrow transplant if it gets really bad.
My brother is already a confirmed match for me. I told him to look both ways when he crosses the street.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm not buying the part of the article where they talk about using metabolic treatments for cancer.
Steve Jobs thought he could beat cancer using alternative treatments.
He was wrong, wasting valuable time in the process. If he had taken Ruth Bader Ginsburg's course of action, they might both be alive today.

But I do believe such treatments can prolong life in what is considered a hopeless situation.
I personally know of such a case... a former coworker with terminal prostate cancer.
He went on an extremely restrictive diet where he took in as close to zero carbs as possible.
Managed to live for a number of years this way, but eventually it still got him.

If mine returns, it will be Bendamustine & Rituximab, possibly a bone marrow transplant if it gets really bad.
My brother is already a confirmed match for me. I told him to look both ways when he crosses the street.
Yeah, your health issues would be very stressful to me if I were in your shoes. And I read Jobs' bio when it came out and he really did screw up. John Holt did the same thing. You really have to go with conventional treatments at this point, it looks to me like. I had Stage 1A ovarian cancer seven years ago and they told me to do four chemos, which I did. They were afraid I'd refuse but I went along with it. It is poison, however. The modern version of leaches, but it's what we've got. Hopefully some kind of stem cell or something else will come along soon.

Diet is very important and nothing to play around with. I doubt if I'll ever eat meat or sugar again.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Yeah, your health issues would be very stressful to me if I were in your shoes.
My lymphoma was discovered entirely by accident. I thought I had a hernia, turned out that I had a Really Big Spleen.

Quote:
And I read Jobs' bio when it came out and he really did screw up.
Jobs basically committed suicide.
Pancreatic cancer is extremely serious, even the less virulent type that he had.
When rescission is possible, it must be done ASAP because if there is any metastasis, it's game over.

Another guy where I work, he got an aggressive form of it.
When I talked to him in August, he looked completely normal, in September, he took a leave of absence, in mid October he died.
I had heard he had cancer and suspected this type because of the speed of the progression.
Not that it would've made any difference, but it happened so fast that he never recieved any treatment.

Seven people that I know for sure got cancer where I work, only myself and one other guy are still here.

Last edited by eaton53; 12-13-2018 at 04:31 AM..

Old 12-13-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Seven people that I know for sure got cancer where I work, only myself and one other guy are still here.
Seven might qualify as a cluster, so I wonder if it's environmental.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:41 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
The survival rate for pancreatic cancer is currently 9%, it was 6%.

There is nothing wrong with combining a strict ketogenic diet with traditional treatment, that's what I would do. It's well known that cancer cells feed on sugar, you cut off the food supply, you will improve your chances.

The mistake was to forego the traditional treatment completely.

As far as pancreatic cancer goes, your chances are still very low of surviving, regardless.

https://www.pancan.org/facing-pancre...survival-rate/

I would recommend watching a documentary called "The Magic Pill", it is at the least eye-opening, here it is on YT. If nothing else, it is just more information. The more the better as far as I am concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5MYwCNDg0

Old 12-13-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Seven might qualify as a cluster, so I wonder if it's environmental.
Unlikely.
The only thing in common was that was all happened to have the same employer at the time.
There are 400 people working here, so some of them are going to get it.
Some (like me) worked here a long time, others came from other places and weren't here so long.

These are industrial/mechanical engineers, value analysis and management/executive people.
We didn't all work in the same office. Many different cancers, too... lymphoma, prostate, lung, brain, pancreas.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:59 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Eaton, I wish you all the best and that the cancer stays at bay. Cancer is scary. Seemingly healthy people get it for reasons even the medical community doesn't understand.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Unlikely.
The only thing in common was that was all happened to have the same employer at the time.
There are 400 people working here, so some of them are going to get it.
Some (like me) worked here a long time, others came from other places and weren't here so long.

These are industrial/mechanical engineers, value analysis and management/executive people.
We didn't all work in the same office. Many different cancers, too... lymphoma, prostate, lung, brain, pancreas.
Sometimes clusters are just coincidental. One of my distributors is in a geographical area where there are a lot of different cancers, different types but too many to be coincidental. From where I stand, I wonder if some chemical exposure or some other common factor is in play, but I don't have the data so it could or could not be environmental.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Sometimes clusters are just coincidental. One of my distributors is in a geographical area where there are a lot of different cancers, different types but too many to be coincidental. From where I stand, I wonder if some chemical exposure or some other common factor is in play, but I don't have the data so it could or could not be environmental.
Maybe if we worked in the shop... manufacturing uses some chemicals, but access to those areas is restricted.
I work in the Technical Center. No much to get into here.
I don't think the number of affected people is extraordinary. Get a big enough group and some of them will get cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Eaton, I wish you all the best and that the cancer stays at bay. Cancer is scary. Seemingly healthy people get it for reasons even the medical community doesn't understand.
Thank you.
Cancer doesn't run in my family. Sometimes it's just nothing more than bad luck.
The guy that got pancreatic cancer, he looked like the picture of health... mid-50's, not overweight, in good shape. Then poof, he's gone.

Diabetes is another story entirely. Lots of that, mostly on my mother's side.
I've been using low carb diets to keep that under control for a long time. Haven't had an A1C over 7 in many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss