Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:07 AM

3,984 posts, read 5,181,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Yes, a cheat day. There are some downsides to going strict keto. One of them is dry eyes and if you go too long without carbs it will start to affect your sleep.
Not me. I've been sleeping better than I have in a long time. And dry eyes? I've never had that problem either.
Where are you getting this info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 10:10 AM

880 posts, read 534,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Not me. I've been sleeping better than I have in a long time. And dry eyes? I've never had that problem either.
Where are you getting this info?
First saw it on youtube when i was researching biohacking. Its not commonly mentioned but i have heard it here and there from personal testimonials. Its more of a concern for me because i already get occasional dry eyes from contact lenses.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:29 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,529,448 times
Quote:
In the past i used carb cycling solely for fitness purposes, it worked great and i was very disciplined about it. But in more recent years i have found that i have to be all or nothing and carb days would become carb months. I want to try strict keto until the end of the month and then switch back to carb cycling, hopefully i will have a good regime established that i dont go carb crazy when i finally switch over.
What's wrong with carbs in moderation? Also, it's the types of carbs that you consume that make a difference. I eat on average 130-150 mg carbs per day, mostly from beans, rice, whole grains. Overall I eat smaller portions of everything and have been able to lose and maintain my weight.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:36 AM

880 posts, read 534,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
What's wrong with carbs in moderation? Also, it's the types of carbs that you consume that make a difference. I eat on average 130-150 mg carbs per day, mostly from beans, rice, whole grains. Overall I eat smaller portions of everything and have been able to lose and maintain my weight.
I have self control issues

Its very easy for me to overeat on carbs, I have a very hectic life and in order to simplify things its easier for me to omit complete food groups then have options, when i have options i 9/10 will make a bad choice.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:01 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,504,271 times
Quote:
Even if you knock yourself out of ketosis it will switch right back once you stop eating carbs. Like my previous point, the goal is to restore the levels by increasing carb intake to 200g....even 300g will only be 1200 calories. The goal being to deplete it again within the next workout, its a helpful tool to help break through plateaus. I have always done a mix of keto/carb cycling. But this time i want to go full keto for a while.
This is what I was asking about.. Why restore the levels? They are not necessary for this diet to work, on the contrary, you want to deplete the levels. Why do something in the first place to then wipe it all out. If you want to "cheat" and indulge yourself that is fine, but in the context of the diet, there is no reason.

It's like cleaning your house, mopping the floors etc, then going outside, rolling around in the mud, coming back into the house to muddy up your clean floors. Why?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:31 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,599,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
This is what I was asking about.. Why restore the levels? They are not necessary for this diet to work, on the contrary, you want to deplete the levels. Why do something in the first place to then wipe it all out. If you want to "cheat" and indulge yourself that is fine, but in the context of the diet, there is no reason.

It's like cleaning your house, mopping the floors etc, then going outside, rolling around in the mud, coming back into the house to muddy up your clean floors. Why?

I like your analogy. "Carbing up" is not part of keto.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:33 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,109,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I like your analogy. "Carbing up" is not part of keto.
This is absolutely not true, just FYI.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:02 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,599,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
This is absolutely not true, just FYI.

Yeah, for people who can't actually do keto.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:44 AM

3,701 posts, read 2,432,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Have you ever tried Keto Pizza made with Fathead dough? It's delicious and low carb. There's no gluten in the crust, so it doesn't have the chewiness of regular pizza dough, but you can put whatever toppings you want. Use sugar free pizza sauce or even Alfredo sauce.
https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/
Thank you,

Booty-licious

I sent this article to my mother who does Keto.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:45 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,282,039 times
I make crustless pizza... don't even bother with the dough.
I use Mid's Pizza Sauce. It's good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss