Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 03:44 AM

14,572 posts, read 23,122,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Yeah, for people who can't actually do keto.
What exactly do you mean when you say "people who can't actually do keto"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 06:31 PM

21,938 posts, read 25,303,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
What exactly do you mean when you say "people who can't actually do keto"?
Not everyone feasibly can. The 80% fat, 20% carbs/protein is a general ratio but it's different for everyone. That's a good starting point but a lot of people aren't eating keto at 80% fat. They may need to go to 85 or 90%. At some point it's just not feasible as you're just not getting enough protein. Okay in the short run but prolonged protein deficiency isn't a long term diet.

Old 07-05-2019, 02:19 PM

249 posts, read 197,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I've been reading that women need to re-feed more often, some twice a week, depending on the individual. In the past i did it once a week.

Has anyone pushed the re-feed out for an extended period of time? I started on Feb1 and want to hold off until the end of February before i begin carbing up on a weekly basis.
Note that my keto diet is for epilepsy, but it takes me 4-5 days on strict keto (<30gm/day) to generate moderate ketones, so I can't imagine re-feeding once a week (I'm female) since I'd never get back in ketosis.

I never reset unless I feel really bad, like I have the flu. I'd say maybe once or twice a year, but my goals are so different from most people on this diet for fat loss.

I wonder if keto sticks would help reveal a need to reset; I get blood work done monthly, along with the strips at home.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:09 PM

22,687 posts, read 24,697,193 times
As of late, I have been choosing to eat smaller amounts of carbs as needed.........as opposed to hitting a big bump-up in carbs.

When I do a larger carb-up, GACK, the energy-levels and mood seem to take a hit that is too large. So I do smaller carb-ups, maybe 10 to 25 grams, on an as-needed basis.......as-in I am getting too wired or a little flat from no-carbs.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:39 PM

14,572 posts, read 23,122,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Not everyone feasibly can. The 80% fat, 20% carbs/protein is a general ratio but it's different for everyone. That's a good starting point but a lot of people aren't eating keto at 80% fat. They may need to go to 85 or 90%. At some point it's just not feasible as you're just not getting enough protein. Okay in the short run but prolonged protein deficiency isn't a long term diet.
I don't disagree with you but that doesn't really address the question I was asking the other poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss