Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:12 PM

6,357 posts, read 4,175,527 times

Advertisements

Best way to lose weight is by making multiple changes, at least that’s what worked for me.

Cut way back on carbs, eat more protein and fiber and lots of vegetables. Try to eliminate all sweets and deserts, sugar is a killer in many aspects. You can incorporate this gradually, no need to jump in all at once. Increase your activity, exercise, walk and perhaps start with some activities that you’ve never participated in before. For me it was biking.

Over an 18 -24 month period, I lost about 40 pounds and lowered my blood sugar from the gray area to the normal level.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:11 PM

39 posts, read 31,529 times
Intermittent Fasting by far is the best as far as I'm concerned. I've lost 19 pounds since May and hope to lose another 20 by fall or at least the holidays next year.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:36 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,958 times
No matter what works for anyone, long term success requires a change of habits and, ideally, a shift in your relationship with food.

For people who still feature food in their lives, to the point where you can only lose or maintain weight by finding replacement dishes that mimic what you'd really like to eat, I feel for you. Until a person can decouple the importance of food in their lives from how they feel about themselves, they're always flirting with disaster.

My own experience has resulted in identifying a broad array of food choices I enjoy but which fit within a responsible diet and also knowing which food choices I occasionally desire, though maybe not so responsible, and making good choices. I love pizza, I still eat pizza; not fake, low-cal pizza but actual slices including specialty varieties. I love ice cream, I eat ice cream; not Halo Top replacement choices but actual Breyer's vanilla with whipped cream. I developed better habits so that I keep things moderate to the point where I eat to fuel my body, not reward myself.

In the end, whatever works for any of us works, but getting where you want to be in terms of fitness and staying there are not the same thing, at all, ever. So if you're going to follow a rigid, prescriptive eating plan, make sure you have a viable exit strategy.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:49 AM

16 posts, read 11,104 times
The bigest reason why people dont sucide in the weight loss in my openion is that they give up soon after if they don’t see the resolts immediately and thats a big mistake. You should stick with your plan or ask hear for help if you are struggling.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,249,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I love pizza, I still eat pizza; not fake, low-cal pizza but actual slices including specialty varieties. I love ice cream, I eat ice cream; not Halo Top replacement choices but actual Breyer's vanilla with whipped cream.
I learned how to make my own crustless pizza so I don't have to go without.
If you ate it, you'd never guess that it's low carb. It's downright decadent.

I save the ice cream for my free days.
I like Dairy Queen... I was one of the first people ever to eat a Blizzard.
I was part of the engineering team that designed the Blizzard Machine in the '80's, so of course we had to test it.

I have whipped cream on my strawberries, blackberries and raspberries.
The stuff that comes in a can is actually low carb because it's mostly air.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:19 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
Curb sugar and white carbs. Eat whole foods, mostly vegetables.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:31 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I learned how to make my own crustless pizza so I don't have to go without.
If you ate it, you'd never guess that it's low carb. It's downright decadent.

I save the ice cream for my free days.
I like Dairy Queen... I was one of the first people ever to eat a Blizzard.
I was part of the engineering team that designed the Blizzard Machine in the '80's, so of course we had to test it.

I have whipped cream on my strawberries, blackberries and raspberries.
The stuff that comes in a can is actually low carb because it's mostly air.
I bet! I missed eating rice because I loved mixing a variety of foods and sauces with it and just recently discovered cauliflower rice. Total game changer for me. Now I'm right back to indulging in meals that I legitimately enjoy and where once I included rice, now it's cauliflower.

And as I love the stuff on top of the crust so much more than the crust itself, I'm sure I'd love crust-less pizza.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:40 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,295,089 times
For me, doing LCHF has been the magic bullet for me. Lost 20 pounds in 2 1/2 months and the minute I went back to eating high carbs it crept back. So back to LCHF I went. I feel better, have less aches/pains, sleep better and the best benefit: losing the weight I need to lose.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:29 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Best way to lose weight is by making multiple changes, at least that’s what worked for me.

Cut way back on carbs, eat more protein and fiber and lots of vegetables. Try to eliminate all sweets and deserts, sugar is a killer in many aspects. You can incorporate this gradually, no need to jump in all at once. Increase your activity, exercise, walk and perhaps start with some activities that you’ve never participated in before. For me it was biking.

Over an 18 -24 month period, I lost about 40 pounds and lowered my blood sugar from the gray area to the normal level.
I did the bolded, among other things, and lost 63-68 pounds in about 18 months.

I don't know what my bood sugar level is, but I'm well into the normal weight range, and a couple of weeks ago my BP measured as normal, my pulse measured as normal, and my blood oxygen was at 98%.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:27 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,469,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I bet! I missed eating rice because I loved mixing a variety of foods and sauces with it and just recently discovered cauliflower rice. Total game changer for me. Now I'm right back to indulging in meals that I legitimately enjoy and where once I included rice, now it's cauliflower.

And as I love the stuff on top of the crust so much more than the crust itself, I'm sure I'd love crust-less pizza.
What's wrong with rice? I eat basmati/jasmine/wild rice at least three times a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss