Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 01:42 PM

16 posts, read 11,169 times

Advertisements

So I just wanted to start a healthy conversation about what is for you the best way to lose weight.

Now keep in mind it’s not about what is THE BEST way just what is for you the best way so someone else can see it an try it out and at the ende you may help someone.

So for me, I would say it’s probably trying to eat healthy and not eat to much, and what I think by saying not eat to much is that you dont eat when you are full just for the sake of eating something I used to do that and so when I stoped it was much beter. Just a tip is to eat slower and that is because when you eat slower you give your bodey time to tel you that you are full if it makes any sense.

So what is for you the best way? This method worked for me it could for you or if you have your method share it with us! Thank you and sorry for my englih I am from croatia.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:35 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,270,133 times
Losing weight can be as simple as not eating before work and not bringing any food to work.
Between that and sleeping, you're fasting at least 18 hrs a day.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:26 PM

7 posts, read 6,066 times
Respected All ,
I Has read your question And I try to Concern to Reply it.

I am Also 12 Kg Weight lose in One month bellows Food through.
If you want to easy and Reliable way lose your Weight so follow it.

1- Eat a high-protein breakfast.
2-Avoid sweet drinks and fruit crush.
3- Drink water a 0.5 hour before meals.

4-select weight loss-friendly foods
5-Eat soluble fiber.
6-Drink occasional or tea.
7-Eat largely whole, unprocessed foods. ...

Eat your food slowly.

Thank you.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:16 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,019,773 times
For me - intermittent fasting has been key. I am a snacker and a grazer. And I have binge tendencies. IF has me only eating during a 6-8 hour window generally. Since I eat small meals/snacks, this allows me to feel like I am constantly eating.

I have way more control over food now than I have had my entire life. I do still snack, and had to start counting calories as a result. It turns out that healthy snacks have calories, too - who knew?! And I have had a few binge days, but they are a bit more purposeful now. I choose to give in to it and do it while still tracking my calories (I had a 4000 calorie day once!). They are also fewer and further in between.

So IF in combination with CICO for me. Oh, but 20 years ago I lose 30 pounds with Weight Watchers, and I did maintain that weight loss for the last twenty years using the things I learned from WW (I recently gained back 5-10 of those pounds which led me to IF and CICO).

Old 02-16-2019, 03:45 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,161,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matino03 View Post
So I just wanted to start a healthy conversation about what is for you the best way to lose weight.

Now keep in mind it’s not about what is THE BEST way just what is for you the best way so someone else can see it an try it out and at the ende you may help someone.

So for me, I would say it’s probably trying to eat healthy and not eat to much, and what I think by saying not eat to much is that you dont eat when you are full just for the sake of eating something I used to do that and so when I stoped it was much beter. Just a tip is to eat slower and that is because when you eat slower you give your bodey time to tel you that you are full if it makes any sense.

So what is for you the best way? This method worked for me it could for you or if you have your method share it with us! Thank you and sorry for my englih I am from croatia.
Being a chronic fat ___k and having a sense of humor about it...hey, the world generally frowns on fat people, so you can either hide or get in front of it! ...I've done a couple things across my lifetime. 1) Nothing, which results in weight gain year over year, unf. 2) a little exercise and a mild attempt at "eating right." We know what these things are, don't lie to yourself 3) heavy exercise and strict adherence to diet, the few times I've gone on an athletic quest. Which works, btw, after maybe six months. I call that "white knuckling" and can never, ever, keep it going more than a few years.

Or, tried in '18 and now '19: prescription weight loss pills, which only do one thing: affect, through various means, both your appetite and cravings. In the former, you just can't over eat. I mean, can't. You don't want to, the thought is revolting about ten bites in. So, down goes the fork, baby. Jeez, I just ate a human-sized portion. Would woulda known? Take the rest home, in the fridge it goes for tomorrow.

Cravings, I can't explain. Something in one of the meds makes one not want to binge or crave bad stuff...too much. the one I'm on is also to help people stop smoking, and it works. I smoke like one cigarette per month, when I can beg-borrow-steal, so didn't care about that. What I DO care about is that the current med 1) works, for me, ,and 2) can be taken long-term, as in years.

Half the people here will howl with scorn at "better living through chemistry," as it sounds like a lame-ass way out of the hard stuff, i.e. proper diet and exercise. They're right, it is. But guess what, people: a Murphy's Law of Combat, said before and will say again:

"If it's stupid and works, it isn't stupid!"

Enough said. I'm going to keep taking my Contrave, twice per day, at the only two meals I really want to have: breakfast and dinner. Lunch is history, I don't like it or need it. Snacks are history too. Weight loss continues, slowly but surely.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:08 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,270,133 times
If they came up with a pill that cranked up metabolism, I'd take it.
From personal experience, I can tell you that there's no more effective weight loss plan than getting cancer. It works really fast!

Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,681,990 times
I think avoiding boredom is a big part of it. When my mind is focused on some kind of task, it’s amazing how long I can go without thinking about eating. If I have nothing to do and I’m just sitting around, I start snacking.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:12 AM

3,700 posts, read 2,425,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matino03 View Post
So I just wanted to start a healthy conversation about what is for you the best way to lose weight
It's a combination of ALL of these things, for me.

*Reducing processed foods, almost to 0

*No flour, no foods with flour

*No simple carbs

*No sugar, except for certain fruits occasionally.

*Eating greens (and sometimes Kale) every day

*Only drink beer once per week or every 2 weeks

*Exercise: weight training, cardio, sometimes HIIT, walking 6 days per week.

*Intermittent fasting

*2 an 3 day water fasts about every 4-7 weeks

I've lost 67 pounds.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:14 AM

3,700 posts, read 2,425,062 times
It's a combination of all of these things for me:

*Reducing processed foods, almost to 0

*No flour, no foods with flour

*No simple carbs

*No sugar, except for certain fruits occasionally.

*Eating greens (and sometimes Kale) every day

*Only drink beer once per week or every 2 weeks

*Exercise: weight training, cardio, sometimes HIIT, walking 6 days per week.

*Intermittent fasting

*2 or 3 day water fasts about every 4-7 weeks

I've lost 67 pounds.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:34 AM

30,494 posts, read 19,255,042 times
The only way I've been able to lose weight, keep it off, and reverse diabetes is following the recommendations in The Plant Paradox. I've been following those recommendations for 18 months and got my weight to ideal and have held it to near perfect so if I gain 2 lbs, I just buckle down for a few days to take it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss