Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,490,048 times

Advertisements

It's funny, I sometimes get hungry at lunchtime from 12 to 1 which is when others are having lunch and I used to eat. As soon as 1pm comes around, no more hunger. This tells me it's all mental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 11:53 AM

21,886 posts, read 25,201,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If you do that, try a couple mornings, making either bullet coffee or just downing a tablespoon of coconut oil.
Wow, will you feel the difference! The body/brain loves the fat...talk about mental clarity and stamina with no food...wow.
Bulletproof coffee has upwards of 500 calories in it. It's a normal sized meal for most people.

I agree, there's plenty of research particularly on students that eating breakfast improves brain functioning. Kids who eat breakfast learn better. I don't see why that wouldn't apply to adults. I do often miss breakfast as I'm not a morning person. My normal day isn't very intellectually challenging though so I don't really notice it that much. I tend to be a bit more alert but whether that's because on days I don't skip breakfast I'm just a bit more awake I don't know.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:06 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,189,602 times
I enjoy Kayla's videos so much, and practice much of what she follows with IF.

. I do an OMAD once or twice a week. I just started out not too long ago so I'm not ready for OMAD every day. Perhaps in the future. I do know that I feel like this is a way of eating that I can stick to very long term, and hopefully forever. I finally found a way of eating that wasn't just something to get me to my goal weight and then I slowly start creeping the weight back on because I slip up, there's no reason to change the way I eat now back, because I am happy eating this way.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:43 PM

22,666 posts, read 24,635,434 times
Tried it, not for me............I grew increasingly obsessed with food and my next gorgefest.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM

17,550 posts, read 39,181,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Tried it, not for me............I grew increasingly obsessed with food and my next gorgefest.
Me either. I can do it once in awhile - I consider that a "fast." I like to eat three smallish meals per day - I function well that way, feel great and maintain my weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss