Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 05:04 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,912,512 times

Advertisements

Interesting video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckvXblF328A

I plan to continue indefinitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 05:34 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,264,985 times
I don't see any reason not to, at least on weekdays.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:11 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,486,697 times
Eating 1 meal a day is a routine like 3 meals is for a lot of people. I'm doing OMAD 6 to 7 days a week. Usually, on Sundays, I will eat twice.

The "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" thing couldn't be further from the truth.

I don't think eating three or more times a day should be "normal". Eating too often amounts to eating too much.

Just think, other than grazing animals like cattle, what other animal eats multiple separate meals in one day? And the only reason grazing animals eat all the time is because what they are eating doesn't provide a lot of nutrition (grass), so they make up for it with quantity.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:03 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,912,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Eating 1 meal a day is a routine like 3 meals is for a lot of people. I'm doing OMAD 6 to 7 days a week. Usually, on Sundays, I will eat twice.
I'm doing exactly the same thing except that I do my OMAD at breakfast time. My weight loss is very slow, but steady. I like this routine! It works for me in part because after the morning meal I don't have to fool with food the rest of the day. If I have any social obligations I can eat, if I want, or have a glass of wine -- and not feel guilty.

Running on an empty stomach is a good feeling. Mental clarity and feeling slender is a real positive.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:55 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,486,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I'm doing exactly the same thing except that I do my OMAD at breakfast time.
My "breakfast" is at around 6 to 7pm. Just a different schedule, that is all. I've never been a morning breakfast person. I wake up empty and other than water and coffee, run on empty till dinner time. The important thing is to not eat less than 3 hours before going to bed.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:44 AM

3,698 posts, read 2,420,716 times
Quote:

The "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" thing couldn't be further from the truth.

I don't think eating three or more times a day should be "normal". Eating too often amounts to eating too much.

Just think, other than grazing animals like cattle, what other animal eats multiple separate meals in one day? And the only reason grazing animals eat all the time is because what they are eating doesn't provide a lot of nutrition (grass), so they make up for it with quantity.
Completely agree.

And the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" involved the Kellog brothers.

The cereal industry is big Bu$ine$$.

Breakfast came into western eating habits about 300 years ago.

If folks are interested, read "3 square meals."

Old 04-11-2019, 05:49 AM

3,698 posts, read 2,420,716 times
Quote:
My "breakfast" is at around 6 to 7pm. Just a different schedule, that is all. I've never been a morning breakfast person. I wake up empty and other than water and coffee, run on empty till dinner time. The important thing is to not eat less than 3 hours before going to bed.
Great plan on your OMAD, gguerra.

And yeah, we need to digest our meal before getting horizontal because gravity aids digestion and the body works hard to digest and our bed/sleep is interrupted if we're digesting in bed.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Running on an empty stomach is a good feeling. Mental clarity and feeling slender is a real positive.
Yes, a guy told me something I never forgot..."You have to 'like' the feeling of an empty stomach...or feeling a little hunger pang."He is right, imo....and he looked great.

Btw, I had no idea what OMAD meant, thank you, gguera for saying it in a sentence.
My fault, I don't click onto links very often.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Quote:
If you do that, try a couple mornings, making either bullet coffee or just downing a tablespoon of coconut oil.
Wow, will you feel the difference! The body/brain loves the fat...talk about mental clarity and stamina with no food...wow.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:56 AM

880 posts, read 532,814 times
Quote:

My friend said this to me the other day, I asked him according to who? he had no idea so he blamed the interwebs

I like eating one meal a day, i like the feeling of being empty. I do mine 5 days a week, more out of laziness than anything else. The weekends i eat pretty normally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss