Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 06:59 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,835,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I rarely eat beyond morning OMAD. I've lost about 40 lbs. since last August. I'm very tall, nearly 70 y.o., and have degenerative osteoarthritis secondary to chemotherapy for ovarian cancer seven years ago. I feel much better, now, than I did before I started IF and my body is more shapely, which I attribute to autophagy.

I just have a really busy social life and a lot of personal and professional stress. I've got a week off, so this is a good time to do this and clean up.
That is great. I hope you get out of the fast what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 09:48 PM

21,921 posts, read 25,242,581 times
Quote:
I started a five day water fast today, going till Monday. If anyone would care to join in, please do. I feel a bit clogged up due to too many family dinners, socializing and recent bout with the flu. Stress eating, also.

Plan on doing green tea, mineral water, and fruit like apples, oranges, lemons.
So you want people to do a fast while you don't?

Old 05-09-2019, 02:18 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,020,891 times
Good luck! (although you likely won't need any luck!)

I've done a few 24 hour fasts, but have never felt the desire to go longer. My daily IF is plenty for me, but I'm always impressed by those who do longer fasts!

Old 05-09-2019, 04:57 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,275,428 times
I can't join you... working, Mother's Day and all. But I'll be with you in spirit.
I'm going to do one from after dinner 7/2 until dinner on 7/7 because I'm off for the holiday.
True fast... no eating, just drinking.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:50 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,470,388 times
This will be interesting to hear how this works for you. I have done this for a few days each in the past but for Christian reasons (as you mentioned earlier) not for dieting. I just remember thinking about food a lot when I did it. It wasn't that difficult. I set a goal for each day and soon that day would pass. I did have a raging headache because I did not have any caffeine.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
This will be interesting to hear how this works for you. I have done this for a few days each in the past but for Christian reasons (as you mentioned earlier) not for dieting. I just remember thinking about food a lot when I did it. It wasn't that difficult. I set a goal for each day and soon that day would pass. I did have a raging headache because I did not have any caffeine.
Not KZ's first rodeo...
We did longer than this between Christmas and New Years. Six days.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:05 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,917,567 times
It's relatively easy because I just don't go in the kitchen. I have a tea pot, water and a bowl of fruit in my study. I do the Pellegrino mineral water, which is recommended by a lot of IFers.

I used to make my own cranberry juice with fresh cranberries but I'm out and they're not in the stores around here this time of year. You really have to watch bottled juices because of the sugar, which would defeat the purpose. Bottled or frozen, I've found it impossible to find juices with no sugar or made with stevia, at least around here.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:11 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,917,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Not KZ's first rodeo...
We did longer than this between Christmas and New Years. Six days.
Morning, eaton! Yeah, and I lost 6.2 lbs.!! it just gives your system a rest from constant digestion. If before you start you have some fruit (strawberries, say) with some ground flax seeds, it'll really help cleanse your colon.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Morning, eaton! Yeah, and I lost 6.2 lbs.!! it just gives your system a rest from constant digestion. If before you start you have some fruit (strawberries, say) with some ground flax seeds, it'll really help cleanse your colon.
Hi KZ...
It'll definitely clean you out.
There was a period at first where I had to make sure a bathroom was nearby because of no food and a lot of water.
But that went away after awhile and I was able to go to the Y and do some cardio.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,500,356 times
Quote:
I started a five day water fast today, going till Monday. If anyone would care to join in, please do. I feel a bit clogged up due to too many family dinners, socializing and recent bout with the flu. Stress eating, also.

Plan on doing green tea, mineral water, and fruit like apples, oranges, lemons.
I am fine with my OMAD, I feel really good doing it and right before my OMAD, I work out, ride my bike 10 miles and I know my fuel is fat, not sugar, there is none to burn. To tell you the truth, I could keep going and not eat. Sometimes eating becomes a chore. My relationship with food has changed dramatically over the last few years.

Eating fruit is not fasting. Anything with calories will break a fast. Tea, black coffee and of course water would be fine. That said, good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss