Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 06:17 PM

289 posts, read 249,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samseven View Post
I'm on the same page as you, I've tried starving myself, I found that interfered with my sleep! I get tired easily too so can't exercise a lot. I think the calories in, calories out equation is still the holy grail, even if you're eating 'healthy' calories like nuts, veggies and protein. I'm thinking to look into cryo-fat burning where they literally freeze it off by applying this gel like stuff at very low temperatures. The body then deals with the broken down fat, eliminating it. I think that growth hormones in animals don't help! I am thinking to go organic with my dairy including milk. I read these websites, found them to be of some help:

https://howtogetlighter.wordpress.com/
https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness...sing-belly-fat
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body...-fat-mistakes/
Your correct its calories in calories out no matter what your told on these spam websites.

But you need to eat a nutritious diet over wise your going to be hungry and suffer health problems, and nuts are very healthy but very high calories.

Naimyah View Post
Is there anybody out there that has had any success with getting rid of belly fat? I am 62 y/o, 5'6", and 185 lbs. I have had people tell me that I do not look my weight. It is the belly that makes me look fat

Dont mean to upset you but at that weight and height your classified overweight borderline obese, but with a bit of effort you can fix the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 04:21 AM

164 posts, read 127,868 times
Hi,
Here are some exercise to reduce belly fat:
1. Crunches
2. Twist Crunches
3. Vertical Leg Crunch
4. Bicycle Exercise
5. Walking
6. Running
7. Jogging
Thanks

Old 06-25-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystle12 View Post
Hi,
1. Crunches
2. Twist Crunches
3. Vertical Leg Crunch
4. Bicycle Exercise
5. Walking
6. Running
7. Jogging
Thanks
No exercise will reduce belly fat you can NOT spot reduce fat.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:19 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,013,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
Eliminating animal fats will in fact affect that area more noticeably than others.

You state this as a fact please provide some proof ?

The weight of your food doesn't matter that much because some foods are more hydrated, hold more fiber, etc., but the weight of the macronutrients inside the food does matter.

Not all fat is the same - there good fats and bad fats. Choice wisely.

The fact speaks for itself.

If you have a 500-seat (fat cells) theater with 200 seats around the periphery and 300 concentrated in the middle, and people occupy them all at the same rate, it will be more noticeable in the middle because that is where the seats are concentrated.

Absolutely, not all fats are the same. Good fats = vegetable; bad fats = animal.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:47 AM

3,701 posts, read 2,432,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystle12 View Post
Hi,
1. Crunches
2. Twist Crunches
3. Vertical Leg Crunch
4. Bicycle Exercise
5. Walking
6. Running
7. Jogging
Thanks
These exercises can HELP reduce fat in general IF the OP's diet is clean.

You can't out-train a bad diet.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:50 AM

3,701 posts, read 2,432,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimyah View Post
Is there anybody out there that has had any success with getting rid of belly fat? I am 62 y/o, 5'6", and 185 lbs. I have had people tell me that I do not look my weight. It is the belly that makes me look fat. If it were not for that I would look pounds thinner. I have medium looking arms, legs, and butt. My belly makes me look really fat and I have been trying for years to get rid of it. I only eat 2 meals per day and eat a lot of veggies, nuts and protein. I do not eat meat but I still love my salmon and eggs. The only sugar I consume is in my tea, which I have twice per day and sometimes I don't even use sugar. I do not eat cookies, candy and other pastries and I do not eat processed foods at all. Can somebody out there help me.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I drink about 2 liters of water per day.
Serious question.

Do you drink beer?

Old 06-29-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
The fact speaks for itself.
Absolutely, not all fats are the same. Good fats = vegetable; bad fats = animal.
If you have a 500-seat (fat cells) theater with 200 seats around the periphery and 300 concentrated in the middle, and people occupy them all at the same rate, it will be more noticeable in the middle because that is where the seats are concentrated.

Not at all, if your going to go round quoting this then provide some links to proper scientific studies that back up your claims.

No this is not correct the human body and the law of thermodynamics has nothing to do with seats in a theater.

It's only a calorie deficit that will make any difference and were the fat comes from is down to genetics. In men it's normally the belly that is the last place to get lean

100 calories of fat weather animal or plant will have the same impact on weight gain.

The only fats that should be completely avoided are trans fats, no conclusive proof that saturated fat is bad.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Serious question.

Do you drink beer?
Beer can be included in a diet nothing wrong with Beer

Old 06-29-2019, 01:09 PM

26,448 posts, read 46,708,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
Beer can be included in a diet nothing wrong with Beer
Malted barely leads to an increase in visceral fat, hence the term “beer belly.” The easiest way to get rid of a belly is to remove wheat from the diet.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:17 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,002,436 times
Barley and wheat are different. But, yeah, beer belly is a thing.

I've seen guys who drink a lot who look like they are 7 months pregnant.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss