Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 01:26 PM

289 posts, read 249,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Malted barely leads to an increase in visceral fat, hence the term “beer belly.” The easiest way to get rid of a belly is to remove wheat from the diet.
Where is the prof, studies don't show this obviously beer contains a fair amount of calories and not that much in the way Nutrients so in moderation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17416040

I drink beer several times a week and at 55 have sub 12% body fat and a six pack yes when cutting I drink a lot less alcohol but everything in moderation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 AM

289 posts, read 249,214 times
There's no evidence to back up the comments in your post just incorrect.
Only way to lose fat is a calorie restriction and it's not possible to spot reduce fat.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:14 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,020,891 times
Diet and exercise. I do some ab exercises and those help my belly, but only if my diet is fairly clean. I tend to only lose that last bit of belly pouch when approaching an underweight BMI which means I'm not eating enough. I've decided to let my little belly stay - it's healthier. (and yummier!)

Old 07-12-2019, 09:35 AM

108 posts, read 56,815 times
Many people think that exercise is the key to losing belly fat, however, you can't out-exercise a poor diet. You can workout all you please, but if you're not eating right then you won't lose any weight. My suggestion is that you start with a CICO (calories in calories out) diet, which is achieved by eating fewer calories than you consume in a day. You need to use a TDEE calculator to figure out how many calories you burn daily, then eat 70-80% of that number. It's not possible to spot reduce fat, so as long as you focus on a strict diet while implementing exercise, you will lose fat everywhere that it is: https://www.openfit.com/ask-the-expert-can-you-target-belly-fat

Old 07-12-2019, 10:47 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
We see DH's friend like once a year. Last time we saw him he was all buff, been doing body building competitions.

His abs were ripped. He said he does not ab exercises, it's all diet.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-13-2019, 08:29 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,012,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
If you have a 500-seat (fat cells) theater with 200 seats around the periphery and 300 concentrated in the middle, and people occupy them all at the same rate, it will be more noticeable in the middle because that is where the seats are concentrated.

Not at all, if your going to go round quoting this then provide some links to proper scientific studies that back up your claims.

No this is not correct the human body and the law of thermodynamics has nothing to do with seats in a theater.

It's only a calorie deficit that will make any difference and were the fat comes from is down to genetics. In men it's normally the belly that is the last place to get lean

100 calories of fat weather animal or plant will have the same impact on weight gain.

The only fats that should be completely avoided are trans fats, no conclusive proof that saturated fat is bad.
The seat analogy should have been obvious: There are fat cells concentrated in your abdominal area, and why that is the first place excess fat goes is because of its proximity to the liver -- where, if needed, that fat can be drawn upon for quick energy boosts.

You need only open your eyes to observe this. Have you ever seen a person who was (excessively) fat in the hips, buttocks and other areas who also had flat abs? I think not.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:35 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,546,116 times
$10,000 will get you three or four sessions of CoolSculpt. That is about the only way to selectively lose belly fat. Otherwise, it's a whole-body effort with weight-loss.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:28 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,836,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
The seat analogy should have been obvious: There are fat cells concentrated in your abdominal area, and why that is the first place excess fat goes is because of its proximity to the liver -- where, if needed, that fat can be drawn upon for quick energy boosts.

You need only open your eyes to observe this. Have you ever seen a person who was (excessively) fat in the hips, buttocks and other areas who also had flat abs? I think not.
Wrong. I gain weight in my butt and thigh area first and I have a small waist. If I need to lose a few pounds it comes from my waist area first. This is true for some women, not true for many men.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:38 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Wrong. I gain weight in my butt and thigh area first and I have a small waist. If I need to lose a few pounds it comes from my waist area first. This is true for some women, not true for many men.
Obviously the poster is not familiar with Puerto Rican girls either.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-14-2019, 10:32 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,836,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Malted barely leads to an increase in visceral fat, hence the term “beer belly.” The easiest way to get rid of a belly is to remove wheat from the diet.
False. Wheat is once again not the enemy. If one eats minimally processed food, watches calorie intake, and exercises one can also enjoy beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss