Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:30 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Since you are such an advocate of this type of eating can you tell us your success with it? Have you been losing weight? What is your fast schedule like?
I guess you haven't read any of my posts? I've written about the issues you mention, many, many times.

Anyway, I'm offended and I'm not posting here any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 09:53 AM

339 posts, read 171,355 times
That's cyberbullying when four or five people criticize an innocent person like that. Good job guys. Hope you're proud of yourselves.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:52 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
I find the posts interesting. We were talking about IF today. One guy is doing the 20/4 here at work and updates us daily on his progress. Another coworker overheard a conversation I was having with someone else about IF and stopped by my desk to ask my opinion of it. I feel badly that people can't respect posters who are passionate and want to share knowledge about a subject. IF is a hot topic now. People are interested. I pass over subjects here I am not interested in and read the ones I find would help me.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I find the posts interesting. We were talking about IF today. One guy is doing the 20/4 here at work and updates us daily on his progress. Another coworker overheard a conversation I was having with someone else about IF and stopped by my desk to ask my opinion of it. I feel badly that people can't respect posters who are passionate and want to share knowledge about a subject. IF is a hot topic now. People are interested. I pass over subjects here I am not interested in and read the ones I find would help me.
It's vicious and mean for four or five people to pile up on one person like that. Did it not occur to any of them that it might hurt her feelings? That's demonstrable of the very worst in humanity. And they enjoyed it, too, I'll wager.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:36 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,479,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Primitive humans fasted because they had no choice. There wasn't a continuous supply of food. It wasn't a conscious decision on their part to fast for health reasons.

The fact that people used to fast does not mean it's safe.
Maybe the opposite is true. Maybe primitive humans were healthier than modern man since they DID NOT eat constantly and of course had no junk food to consume, something that is commonplace in society today. Another example of this would be the food pyramid or the food groups crap that people hear constantly tout. Maybe not all of the food groups are healthy to eat. Who came up with the idea? the government?, like they are really trustworthy with public health? I don't think so, the government is untrustworthy in many regards, just look at the NRA and how they buy politicians. I'll leave that for another time and place but it's a good example.

IMO, the 3 or MORE meals a day is complete BS, something that people came up with to sell more food. Something that may be sacrificing public health in the name of the almighty dollar. The "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" myth comes to mind. That one was CLEARLY made up to sell more product.

Don't remember who but someone recently posted some link about how intermittent fasting causes eating disorders. Maybe it's not an eating disorder, maybe that's how people are supposed to eat. Look at animals in the wild, herbivores graze constantly during the day. They do that because their food is so low in nutrition and they have to make up for it with quantity. Other carnivores and omnivores eat while they have food but once they are satisfied do not keep eating just because it's dinner time, regardless of whether they are hungry or not. The type of food you eat has a big part to do with this as well. Refined carbs do not satiate for very long and make you want more and more. Something that is part of the SAD. What is the SAD doing for general health?

Old 06-19-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalHumanities2020 View Post
It's vicious and mean for four or five people to pile up on one person like that. Did it not occur to any of them that it might hurt her feelings? That's demonstrable of the very worst in humanity. And they enjoyed it, too, I'll wager.

It was hard to read those posts. I agree. I was looking forward to reading the thread and was taken aback by the replies.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:45 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Re-living the Long Term Fasting thread was interesting.
A question was asked toward the end of it that wasn't answered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
How long does it take to gain the 10 pounds back once you start eating?
It's been more than 6 months, so this question can now be answered...
I didn't gain it back. The weight loss has not stopped, that thread was 25 lbs ago.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Maybe the opposite is true. Maybe primitive humans were healthier than modern man since they DID NOT eat constantly and of course had no junk food to consume, something that is commonplace in society today. Another example of this would be the food pyramid or the food groups crap that people hear constantly tout. Maybe not all of the food groups are healthy to eat. Who came up with the idea? the government?, like they are really trustworthy with public health? I don't think so, the government is untrustworthy in many regards, just look at the NRA and how they buy politicians. I'll leave that for another time and place but it's a good example.

IMO, the 3 or MORE meals a day is complete BS, something that people came up with to sell more food. Something that may be sacrificing public health in the name of the almighty dollar. The "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" myth comes to mind. That one was CLEARLY made up to sell more product.

Don't remember who but someone recently posted some link about how intermittent fasting causes eating disorders. Maybe it's not an eating disorder, maybe that's how people are supposed to eat. Look at animals in the wild, herbivores graze constantly during the day. They do that because their food is so low in nutrition and they have to make up for it with quantity. Other carnivores and omnivores eat while they have food but once they are satisfied do not keep eating just because it's dinner time, regardless of whether they are hungry or not. The type of food you eat has a big part to do with this as well. Refined carbs do not satiate for very long and make you want more and more. Something that is part of the SAD. What is the SAD doing for general health?

So many people make it a lifestyle to overeat junk food and overeat in general that I believe the idea of eating in a small window of time can be a controversial idea to some.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Yes! Not enough to do???????? We aren't interested in EVERY thought you have about it.
Then do as she suggested and block her posts. Versus trying to silence someone you disagree with.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:30 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Yes! Not enough to do???????? We aren't interested in EVERY thought you have about it.
Who is this we?
You do not speak for everyone here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss