Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which meal do you prefer skipping?
Breakfast 9 47.37%
Lunch 2 10.53%
Dinner 3 15.79%
All of 'em (I'm a hardcore prolonged faster) 1 5.26%
OMAD breakfast 1 5.26%
OMAD lunch 0 0%
OMAD dinner 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:12 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Optionally tell us why you made your choice here in the discussion.

Note to the fasting haters who want to chime in on the flawed CICO model: your advice is bad and you should feel bad for giving it. ��
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 10:13 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,509 times
I've never liked eating breakfast, ever since I was a kid.As an adult whenever I skipped it my hubby would get on my case about how I need to eat breakfast and how important it is. So I started drinking protein shakes which were tasty enough, albeit expensive, but it was something in my belly for breakfast. Then I started IF ironically because hubby started doing it, and there was suddenly no guilt about not eating breakfast, and it was so easy to skip that meal since I never liked it anyway.

Don't get me wrong I like breakfast foods, I'd just prefer to eat them later on in the day or night, and I do. Donuts are my absolute favorites and now I eat them for dessert. Yum! 🤤 Life is good, I get to eat the things I love, and I don't have to force myself to eat breakfast anymore. Win/win.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:16 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times
As a meal time, breakfast is best for me to skip. Once I start eating, it's difficult for me to stop eating, so eating from 1-7 pm most days works perfect for me.

As a meal itself, I love breakfast! On days I'm home I will often have breakfast for lunch. Yum!

Old 07-18-2019, 06:14 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Great thread! Hope I did the survey right. Next month I will have been doing (vegan) OMAD breakfast for a year. Just turned 69. Very happy with the results: lost 47 lbs., different body shape (no loose skin), cleared up rash on elbows, teeth all strong and beautiful, skin beautiful, no return of ovarian cancer.

This process is gentle, inexpensive, and particularly with the plant based element, good for the planet and animals.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
I do one meal a day at dinner. Somedays I don't eat till 7 or 8 pm and repeat the next day so about a 22:2 schedule. I go to sleep at around midnight. I will work out just before dinner, a 10-mile bike ride or 4-mile walk or I mow the lawn or whatever I can find to do. I will only work out in a fasted state. It makes sense to me to do it that way. In addition to the OMAD, I will always do low carb. I eat meat and vegetables and some fruit like berries in 2 or 3 different courses within my eating window. I would never say I am starving or famished, quite the opposite of that.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:26 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Oh, you wanted to know why! I like getting up early, at five or six and having my one meal after I feed my animals. Then I don't have to even go in the kitchen or think about food at all the rest of the day. It just suits me. I may grab a mineral water, decaf green tea or ice coffee, but not always.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:29 PM

21,881 posts, read 25,146,349 times
I wouldn't really call it IF but I usually skip lunch. Nothing to do with weight loss, pretty much where I'd like to be at and been there for about ten years now. Lost it all with simple CICO. Just convenience. Easier to not eat lunch than bring the same salad/sandwich type stuff in the car or a park. Eating out at restaurants gets expensive. Easier to just skip and eat when I get back home.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
I have mixed feelings about fasting period regardless what some may say: But, if I am going to skip a meal for any reason it is lunch. I am not a huge lunch eater but feel breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. If you are fasting to lose weight probably dinner is the best meal to skip. I still stick with lunch.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:47 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
To OMAD breakfast person... You are an animal! Go you!

Old 07-18-2019, 02:56 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
I usually skip both breakfast and lunch and just eat dinner. I also follow a ketogenic way of eating.

I have never been a breakfast eater (eating it made me nauseous), and skipping lunch is easy, since I never have enough time at work to eat anyway. So rather than choke lunch down in a few minutes, I just skip it. Then I can eat a nice satisfying dinner with my day's worth of calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss