Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 02:23 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

Now is the perfect time to train yourself for fasting and not having to eat 2-3 meals a day. I'm back on the single meal diet. Bulletproof coffee during the day and just a nice meal for dinner. All the people that hoard food will just end up being even more overweight after this whole pandemic subsides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 03:17 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
OMG, my favorite crustless pizza place (other than my own) just sent me an email saying they have Crustless Pizza Wednesdays now!
7" five topping crustless pizza for $6. I can't make it for that.
I know where I'm going on Wednesdays for my OMAD.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:49 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
I've been sticking with the 5:2 again even though I hadn't done it since many, MANY years ago. It is the first time I have gone back since originally doing it and stuck with it for more than a week.

Weight is coming off as it did before, even though I'm a little older and not making my step count as much as I should. Now that Corona has canceled my vacation, I don't have to worry about gaining weight on that. HA.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:05 AM

110 posts, read 83,660 times
I've been on the 16:8 method since march 1. I'm down from 171lbs to 163...and oddly enough, I feel more energetic on less sleep than I usually do. I've been feeling pretty good on 5 or so hours of sleep while usually I would be quite groggy from that in the past. I don't know if that's related to the diet...but it's only been like that since I started it.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:28 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Still trying to do 5:2. It's harder now with the altered schedules, that's for sure.

Weight loss has been very slow for the pats month but I am not overweight and not eating how I want to eat so I understand that.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:59 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,755,944 times
We started IF 18:6 in late July last year. DH lost 28 pounds and has been at his target weight for the last two months. I’ve lost 43 pounds so far. We are 66 years old and surprised how easy and satisfying the transition has been for us.

Old 04-11-2020, 05:13 AM

524 posts, read 361,836 times
Lots of great stories here...congrats to all.
I have been doing a TON of I.F. research and even done a couple of test runs. I am finding that the easiest for me is to have one "eating window" between 4pm - 6pm. So, effective on Monday, 4/13 I am going to venture into the lifestyle change of I.F.
A little bit about me....I am 55 years of age, wear a size 42 jeans and 3X t-shirt. I am as healthy as a horse......problem is, I am as big as one. I am 6' tall and weighed in this morning at 325.....THAT IS NOT A TYPO! Surprisingly, I have pretty decent blood pressure (usually around 122/78-82) cholesterol is good, no issues with blood sugar and have a strong heart. I go to the Dr every 6 months and monitor my blood pressure at home every couple of days. My doctor has actually said "you are the healthiest out of shape person I have ever met" I am a bit muscular, so its not totally all fat, but I am waaaaayyy over weight. Of course this extra weight has put a major burden on my back and knees. When I did my test run with I.F., I did a 48 hour fast then back to a 22 hour, then another 48 and my back pain was nearly gone. so, there are definitely benefits to this other than just weight loss.
So, If anyone is interested in my progress...I can log in maybe once a week (probably Saturday or Sunday morning) and share my experience /benefits/ frustrations.
so, come Monday....HERE GOES NOTHING!!!

ps...as an add incentive, my wife and I are planning a trip to Las Vegas In July and she has said that If I stick to this, that she would go to one of those topless pools ….if that doesn't give a man incentive, nothing does!!!!!!! LOL

Old 10-14-2021, 10:17 AM

2,543 posts, read 2,865,719 times
The only time I ever lost weight in my life was right before the pandemic started in early 2020.

I worked my way up to a 16:8 IF and went from high 230s to mid 220s over a 2 month span eating salads for lunch and whatever I wanted for dinner.

The pandemic was rough and now I'm in the 240s.

I finally have the motivation and will to IF again but I became a morning coffee drinker (w cream and sweetener) during the pandemic and I'm worried about cutting that out of my morning routine.

Can I successfully do IF with a morning cup of joe if I keep it as close to 0 calories as possible?

Old 10-17-2021, 11:58 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times
I have stuck to a diet that now includes fasting. Did not realize how easy it is to do. I fast everyday, with a fasting window of 12 to 14 hours. I put the brakes on chips aka salty and crispy snacks. White atrches have been replaced with a variety of veggies. the entire family is with the program, except the MRS. She rediscovered sweet and salty,lol...

Give it a try folks, and stick to it. 228 lbs to 204 lbs in 6 months....

Old 10-24-2021, 03:50 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,061,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
I have stuck to a diet that now includes fasting. Did not realize how easy it is to do. I fast everyday, with a fasting window of 12 to 14 hours. I put the brakes on chips aka salty and crispy snacks. White atrches have been replaced with a variety of veggies. the entire family is with the program, except the MRS. She rediscovered sweet and salty,lol...

Give it a try folks, and stick to it. 228 lbs to 204 lbs in 6 months....
Great job. You hit the nail on the head: it’s easy and it works. Better yet, there’s no cost. Win, win, win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss