Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 08:04 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,585,979 times

Advertisements

Post a sample of your day of eating!

How many calories a day are you eating, are you eating a lot of salt?????

Approximately what is your current weight.

There are a lot of variable that would give the people on this thread better insight into
your situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 08:10 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,766,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmill127 View Post
watch you sodium intake it will make you retain water on low carb diets
Most people on keto diets need to supplement sodium, potassium, and magnesium to get the suggested amounts of 5g sodium, 1g potassium, and 300mg magnesium.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/f...m_deficient.3F

Old 10-23-2019, 09:04 AM

5,151 posts, read 3,082,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Most people on keto diets need to supplement sodium, potassium, and magnesium to get the suggested amounts of 5g sodium, 1g potassium, and 300mg magnesium.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/f...m_deficient.3F
5 g sodium = 5000 mg. That is twice the RDA.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:11 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,531,867 times
I've been doing low carb eating since July. I have lost a few pounds and I can now button some shirts I could not wear in the past. I enjoy drinking Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper. Will diet sodas hinder my results long term? I do drink water, and I drink around 32 oz a day...

Old 10-23-2019, 10:53 AM

5,151 posts, read 3,082,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
I've been doing low carb eating since July. I have lost a few pounds and I can now button some shirts I could not wear in the past. I enjoy drinking Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper. Will diet sodas hinder my results long term? I do drink water, and I drink around 32 oz a day...
Wean yourself off the carbonated stuff. Go with flavored (sugar free) or plain water. You will feel better and your stomach won’t miss the phosphoric acid.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:00 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,904,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Wean yourself off the carbonated stuff. Go with flavored (sugar free) or plain water. You will feel better and your stomach won’t miss the phosphoric acid.
Or mineral water, which is fizzy without the calories: Pellegrino or Perrier are good brands.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:27 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post

Quit the soda. The average person gains 10lbs a year off soda alone. Diet is even worse than regular because of the chemicals they use to replace the sugar. Do you like seltzer? They make all sorts of tasty flavors, and there's no calories, sugar, etc. Plus it's carbonated, so you can satisfy your soda cravings if you like the bubbles and carbonation.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:51 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,060,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Diet is even worse than regular because of the chemicals they use to replace the sugar. Do you like seltzer?
False.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:23 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,239,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
False.
I wondered the same. I drink a fair amount of diet caffeine free cola and have had no issues losing weight while on Keto.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:07 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,472,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I wondered the same. I drink a fair amount of diet caffeine free cola and have had no issues losing weight while on Keto.
The issue is not weight loss. It's how the sweeteners affect the microbiome or in other words, gut health.

That leads to other issues.

In Diet cola, the other "chemicals" that certainly are not healthy under any circumstances would be the phosphoric acid and the caramel color. Other types of sodas would not have the caramel color.

https://www.inverse.com/article/4947...ful-microbiome

I don't touch the stuff but I just don't like the taste. I used to really like regular sodas, I developed T2 diabetes, can't say for sure it was the soda, but it is strong possibility. It was actually more than like, it was an addiction.

But as far as weight loss on keto, that is the topic after all, I don't think it would have much of an effect. It doesn't really fit in with the plan of whole healthy foods, it's processed junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss