Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 03:48 PM

289 posts, read 248,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Since September, on many days I've eaten about 500 to 600 cals/day, many days about 800, fewer days between 800 and 1000. An occasional day I've eaten maybe 1200. I didn't count the holiday calories, tho.

I know that's pretty low, but I've been inching it up slightly, slowly. I now eat about 750-800 on most days, with few days lower than that.

It's pretty lean, but it is nutritionally sound, which is hard to do on so few calories. Which is why I have to log it all. I have to get a certain amt of protein, calcium, Vit D, etc. a day. (I take supplements)

You should stop whatever diet your on that few calories for that amount of time is extremely dangerous to your health and will not get you to ware you want to be.
Very low calorie diets lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can lead to many health problems. In fact, most people cannot meet their vitamin and mineral requirements if they eat less than 1200 calories per day.

Please go and seek some help from a fully qualified professional that amounts to a eating disorder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 06:05 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
If overeating/binge-eating was a big, meaningful part of your life........stopping can have
long-term negative effects.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:48 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,577,745 times
Thanks for all the responses. It helped for me to put it down in writing & get some feedback.

Yes, I guess I'm not eating enough calories. I did that because that's what it took to lose weight in a decent amt of time. My body doesn't give up the weight easily. I'm not sure why I was able to eat so few calories.

I do get the nutrients I need because of the foods I chose to repeatedly eat (I stick to the same foods, pretty much), and the detailed log I keep. Like many older women, I have to take Vit D & calcium/magnesium supplements. It's almost impossible to get what's needed from food alone, w/o overeating.

I've started working out in the yard & getting more formal exercise. So hopefully that will help.

Thanks for the input.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:34 AM

313 posts, read 255,603 times
Where do you live? How much sun do you see this time of year? That could be part of it. I live in WA and it affects my moods considerably.

I'll also echo exercise. It is the best stress reliever I have ever found.

You also may be HANgry. You need more calories and maybe an extra "cheat day" here and there.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss