Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 03:02 AM

43 posts, read 34,586 times

Advertisements

Since we are also quarantined, I work at home and I have time to cook food instead of eating fast food. I also train three times a week, and I feel that my body has strengthened.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:55 PM

1,938 posts, read 702,190 times
With the Covid shut-downs (restaurants, fast food) and not drinking any alcohol since early February, I've lost weight. It's a good
combination; I feel healthy.

Old 10-30-2020, 08:50 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,405,904 times
Yep. I lost 7 pounds. At one point I lost 10, but gained back 3.

I worked in a large office building that has convenience stores, eateries, snack machines, coffee shops. It was way too convenient to get junk food whenever I wanted. I don’t keep junk food in the house and I don’t have the urge to snack all day anymore. My soda intake has gone up from 4 sodas a month to 2 or 3 a week. Regular sugary soda, not the diet stuff. I have to reel that in. But I do try to make sure I stay at or under my calorie limit on most days.

I don’t think I order out more than usual. Pre-Covid, I ordered out about 3 times a week so it’s about the same

Being at home, I find I work out more. It’s easy to fit a 20 to 30 minute workout in between meetings. I don’t have an excuse not to workout because I don’t have to deal with a long commute everyday.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:10 AM

16,351 posts, read 8,174,665 times
No I've gained weight due to this lifestyle change. I would imagine that an overweight person who had been commuting and eating out at restaurants, getting lots of take out maybe lost some weight. Being at home people MIGHT be eating out less and making healthier choices? I've also heard some people say they are walking more.

I was fairly in good shape before this, working out during lunch in the gym of my office building and eating only what i brought from my home. Now I dont have the gym and have my kitchen around me 24/7 and have little opps to walk due to my kids and working remote. I'm trying to change this...we bought an elliptical since that's what i mainly used at the gym. Controlling myself from eating has been a problem.

Old 11-02-2020, 07:35 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
No I've gained weight due to this lifestyle change. I would imagine that an overweight person who had been commuting and eating out at restaurants, getting lots of take out maybe lost some weight. Being at home people MIGHT be eating out less and making healthier choices? I've also heard some people say they are walking more.

I was fairly in good shape before this, working out during lunch in the gym of my office building and eating only what i brought from my home. Now I dont have the gym and have my kitchen around me 24/7 and have little opps to walk due to my kids and working remote. I'm trying to change this...we bought an elliptical since that's what i mainly used at the gym. Controlling myself from eating has been a problem.
That is what I was afraid would happen with being home, so I just don't keep anything "bad" in the house. A few times I found myself wishing I had some treat or another, but it wasn't here so I contented myself with an apple or something that I DID keep in the house for that purpose, and once I have it, the craving for the sweet things go away.

Same with bread, which is my downfall. And I'm a cracker addict. You can keep your potato chips, just give me a box of Ritz and I will eat the whole thing in a day. I just don't keep any in the house, but I found these little rice cakes and if I want crunch, I eat them, sometimes with peanut butter.

The decision is made at the grocery store, and hey, just think, it's a chance to teach your kids good nutrition and eating habits while you are all home!

Old 11-03-2020, 08:05 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Lost 30 lbs since last year and I've lost 10 lbs since covid lock down to extend my losses. My best advice to people is eat less frequent. If you enjoy that steak or burger and can't give up the pastas. Just eat one big meal a day and stop with the eating circuit. I don't eat breakfast or lunch, just have a tea or coffee and fill the body with warm liquids to ease your hunger.

Then eat a good dinner and you will see how much weight you lose when the body has enough time to properly digest and burn fat. You don't even need to exercise much, fasting is very effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss