Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 10:44 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,953,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What i meant was if taller women are more likely to keep their figures post menopause.

Seems that way.
That may be; both my mother are I are very short. Interesting question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 10:59 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,802,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
That may be; both my mother are I are very short. Interesting question.
It is an interesting question. I had a complete hysterectomy at 45. I’m 5’8” and still weigh the same as I did before it (122-125) and am now 62. I do have to watch my diet more closely than I used to. I still exercise daily and haven’t had to change that to maintain my weight. Maybe it is height related.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:52 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,263,774 times
I follow this woman who had lost 55 pounds in her 40's, but has kept them off for fifteen years and she's now 56. TheInspiredEater.com

Her basic idea is that losing weight after 50 is a whole new ballgame.

Good luck,

A.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 641 times
I had been blessed with a metabolism that allowed me to eat freely and still look good. After surgical menopause at around 50, with help of hrt, kept my figure. Stopped hrt at around 60 with minor abdominal puff. Slightly more at 65 (1"). Now at 70 and after POP surgery, I very suddenly have a huge increase (4") in my abdominal area! Seems like overnight! Can't fit in clothes that worked last year! I know gradual changes are very common, but so suddenly??? Actually has me a little worried. Anyone else have a seemingly overnight change?

Old 11-30-2022, 08:55 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,953,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CescaWest View Post
I had been blessed with a metabolism that allowed me to eat freely and still look good. After surgical menopause at around 50, with help of hrt, kept my figure. Stopped hrt at around 60 with minor abdominal puff. Slightly more at 65 (1"). Now at 70 and after POP surgery, I very suddenly have a huge increase (4") in my abdominal area! Seems like overnight! Can't fit in clothes that worked last year! I know gradual changes are very common, but so suddenly??? Actually has me a little worried. Anyone else have a seemingly overnight change?
What is POP surgery? I guess you could (and should) consult your doctor since the weight gain was a sudden and dramatic change afterwards, but on the other hand you could just be catching up with the rest of us after a prolonged grace period...

Old 11-30-2022, 05:32 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Pelvic Organ Prolapse?

Old 11-30-2022, 05:37 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
Seriously, how suddenly is "suddenly"? A major change in abdominal size, such that your clothes don't fit any more, over a period of a few days, should be checked out promptly. It is probably fluid accumulating and there are some not-so-good reasons for that to happen.

If it's over a couple of months, less worrisome. Most women gain gradually in the abdomen as they age, even if they retain a normal weight.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:07 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Well, men naturally lose testosterone with age and become more feminine; women lose estrogen (if not replaced) and become more masculine. Both, if their caloric intake exceeds their energy output, will gain weight. Only some women don't, and I'm wondering what their secret is.
thats correct.men becomes kind of feminine and have a round belly while woman has a husky voice .
not just estrogen,but both men and women lose collagen which keeps the skin tight and firm.
Thyroid comes into the picture too,some are just more active,women once over 40 seem to have an underactive thyroid.
As we get older,we area attracted to food which is easy to digest and pleasing like icecream,chocolate,booze.
since we lose muscle tone and eat empty calorie food ,we are not interested in hard physical work ,we have done all in our younger days,why torture ourselves.
also some women are tired of cooking,they have been oreparing meals all their life for the family,they are no longer interested in spending a lot of effort preparing meals,so TV dinner,frozen dinner,carry out are just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss